• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

December Deposit forward for Platinum Members

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am curious for Platinum members who did a deposit forward last year in December, if you check now does it show all of your points (up to your annual amount) eligible for Deposit forward into 2019 or 2020?

The question is about what type of points are used first or if the points are really lumped as a single type and you are good as long as you are not trying to deposit more than your annual points.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited 2017 points into 2018 and used all of them and some virgin 2018 points. Now the website allowed me to move remaining 2018 points forward. It appears to either use the moved points first, or it ignores origin (buckets) and simply allows deposit of points up to the yearly total of my contracts.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I deposited 2017 points into 2018 and used all of them and some virgin 2018 points. Now the website allowed me to move remaining 2018 points forward. It appears to either use the moved points first, or it ignores origin (buckets) and simply allows deposit of points up to the yearly total of my contracts.
Thanks. I was wondering if it mattered that you may have already made most of your 2018 reservations before moving the 2017 points into 2018. Because obviously if your reservations were already made using your 2018 annual points before the 2017 were transferred in, and it still lets you transfer to the following year than it is ignoring the original buckets.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had only made about two million points of ARP reservations using 2018 points. Then I deposited about 3 million points from 2017 into 2018. Then I made reservations for 2018 with the combined points. I cancelled some and was able to deposit those points from 2018 to 2019.

One limitation I’m seeing is ARP for 2019. I made some reservations (non ARP) for 2019 prior to depositing 2018 to 2019. Then when I’m making ARP reservations for thanksgiving it has limited me to the remaining points balance less the deposited points. This was not the case last year. So that appears to have changed. I may try making deposits before making regular reservations for 2020 and see if that impacts it. If it uses deposited points first - that should impact the results.

Wes.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
There was a big long conversation about this on one of the Facebook groups. Apparently, a PR member had rolled her points forward from 2017, and had some left over in 2018 that she wanted to roll over. She thought it would have used up to deposit points first, but it was telling her that she had no points eligible to be moved. I think it was something like 500,000 points. she should have been able to move those, because it was less then her normal use year allotment. Someone over Wyndham gave her a BS answer. I told her she needed to contact owner care but i am not sure she will. I hope she does.

I have tried to explain this to multiple people. With the new system, Wyndham wanted to do away with the buckets (with the exception of bonus points and the old credit pool points). The accounting issue they had a couple years ago was because the system was doing a terrible job of managing the buckets. So they wanted an easier way. It's easier to keep track of allowances, then which points are which. For example, say Owner Joe has 100,000 points a year. The system knows there is no way he can roll over any more then 100,000 points a year. So if he has 150,000, it will not allow you to move the extra 50,000. If he has 80,000, that's less then his max, so they can be moved. The system does not know which points were moved because there are no more buckets. It all goes into one bucket and gets mixed up. It no longer needs to know which were moved. This is how the executive at the meeting explained it to us. So many of the employees still think of it like buckets and it's causing a lot of confusion.

I wonder, if the people having these issues have both credit pool and rollover, or if it was a glitch that occurred last year that was never fixed. I am curious to see if they run into this again next year.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a big long conversation about this on one of the Facebook groups. Apparently, a PR member had rolled her points forward from 2017, and had some left over in 2018 that she wanted to roll over. She thought it would have used up to deposit points first, but it was telling her that she had no points eligible to be moved. I think it was something like 500,000 points. she should have been able to move those, because it was less then her normal use year allotment. Someone over Wyndham gave her a BS answer. I told her she needed to contact owner care but i am not sure she will. I hope she does.

I have tried to explain this to multiple people. With the new system, Wyndham wanted to do away with the buckets (with the exception of bonus points and the old credit pool points). The accounting issue they had a couple years ago was because the system was doing a terrible job of managing the buckets. So they wanted an easier way. It's easier to keep track of allowances, then which points are which. For example, say Owner Joe has 100,000 points a year. The system knows there is no way he can roll over any more then 100,000 points a year. So if he has 150,000, it will not allow you to move the extra 50,000. If he has 80,000, that's less then his max, so they can be moved. The system does not know which points were moved because there are no more buckets. It all goes into one bucket and gets mixed up. It no longer needs to know which were moved. This is how the executive at the meeting explained it to us. So many of the employees still think of it like buckets and it's causing a lot of confusion.

I wonder, if the people having these issues have both credit pool and rollover, or if it was a glitch that occurred last year that was never fixed. I am curious to see if they run into this again next year.
Or it is not a glitch and you just don't see the buckets and RUY points are used first. And thats how many he has left.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Or it is not a glitch and you just don't see the buckets and RUY points are used first. And thats how many he has left.

The way the executive explained it, is there are no labels or buckets with the exception of bonus points and old credit pool. If you have 100,000, you’re only allowed to roll over 100,000 max no matter how many you have. Them trying to keep track of which points were which and the buckets, caused the major accounting issue they had years ago. So instead, they keep track of how many points a person is allowed for things like ARP, Club Pass, and points deposit. So if you have 100,000 in Bonnet Creek and 100,000 in National Harbor, it knows you can only go up to 100,000 each in the ARP period. They do keep track of which contracts are resale. So if Bonnet Creek was retail and National Harbor Resale, it knows they can only use up to 100,000 for Club Pass. Keeping track of what the account is eligible for, is far easier then keeping track of which bucket is which. He explained how the system is SUPPOSED to work, but clearly it’s not working in all cases. That’s why I told that woman to call Owner care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The way the executive explained it, is there are no labels or buckets with the exception of bonus points and old credit pool. If you have 100,000, you’re only allowed to roll over 100,000 max no matter how many you have. Them trying to keep track of which points were which and the buckets, caused the major accounting issue they had years ago. So instead, they keep track of how many points a person is allowed for things like ARP, Club Pass, and points deposit. So if you have 100,000 in Bonnet Creek and 100,000 in National Harbor, it knows you can only go up to 100,000 each in the ARP period. They do keep track of which contracts are resale. So if Bonnet Creek was retail and National Harbor Resale, it knows they can only use up to 100,000 for Club Pass. Keeping track of what the account is eligible for, is far easier then keeping track of which bucket is which. He explained how the system is SUPPOSED to work, but clearly it’s not working in all cases. That’s why I told that woman to call Owner care.

It has always been that you can only deposit forward up to your RUY points. They told you nothing new. The only definitive answer would have been if they said if after you make all your reservations, you will STILL be able to deposit all your RUY POINTS.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
It has always been that you can only deposit forward up to your RUY points. They told you nothing new. The only definitive answer would have been if they said if after you make all your reservations, you will STILL be able to deposit all your RUY POINTS.

If you are not able to roll over your regular use year points, then that’s an issue with the system. It was not a short conversation so I cannot reiterate the whole thing. Essentially that is what he was saying. There is no longer an order with the exception of bonus. We already know how bonus points are supposed to work. Regular use year and deposited points all go into the same messy pile with no indication of which are which. If an owner has 100,000 use year and 50,000 deposited, and makes 100,000 points worth of reservations, he can still roll over the remaining 50,000 because they are not marked as unmovable. They are just points. Since 50,000 is less then 100,000, he can move them. If it’s not allowing them to do that, that’s a problem with the system.

The system has been working off the bucket system for so long, people are going to be in that mindset for while now. They are so use to points being labeled. All my deposited points are mixed in with my use year. There is no longer a separate item in the drop down like there was for credit pool. There is nothing in the systems saying there is 50,000 deposited points and 100,000 use years points. It’s just owner has 100,000 use year, therefor that’s what they are eligible to move. Period. No more, “if I make reservations will it pull the right points?” That’s gone now. With the exception of bonus points, and old credit pool, the user should not have to track anything. If their total point balance (not including credit pool and bonus points) is less then their annual allotment, it should allow them to move it. They specifically said the owner should not have to track anything because there is no indication of which are regular points and which are deposited. That is very different then the way things used to be. Hopefully they get it to start working the way it’s supposed to work.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Your latter sentiment is correct. Buckets don’t really matter as far as deposits go.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would add that the amount available to deposit forward looks something like this:

Deposit eligible + RCI eligible <= min[(RUY + Prior Deposit - booked points), RUY]

The ability to move points to RCI is affected by how much you deposit forward and vice versa.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the person on fb has 1.2 million annual points. They did have an old credit pool deposit that expired June 2018. They now have 1.1 million points in their account and are being told that only 600,000 are eligible for deposit forward and 500,000 must be used by the end of the year. They are platinum and presidential reserve. They have not deposited forward any points yet this year and have made no RCI deposits.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
So the person on fb has 1.2 million annual points. They did have an old credit pool deposit that expired June 2018. They now have 1.1 million points in their account and are being told that only 600,000 are eligible for deposit forward and 500,000 must be used by the end of the year. They are platinum and presidential reserve. They have not deposited forward any points yet this year and have made no RCI deposits.

Thank you for the clarification. I have heard more then one person with the same issue. I wonder if it has something to do with the old credit pool. Are the only people having this issue, have points in the credit pool? Or maybe it's only people who credit pooled points (before it was retired) and later deposited leftover regular use year points. So they may have credit pooled future points (2018 and 2019), but still had 2017 points left, so they rolled them forward. If that were the case, then it should only be the Gold and Platinum VIPs and PR owners that were affected, because they were only ones who could have deposited points after the system went live in May of 17. That's my working theory until someone says that they are a non-vip that does not have credit pool, but still has the same issue.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
I'm curious about this as well. We have just over 2M points, but 1.1M is Presidential Reserve (Midtown 45 - NYC).
It seems like there are still buckets for PR points, because we had to borrow some from next year to make a PR reservation recently, but still had regular points on the books.
What if it were the other way? What if I still had 500,000 PR points on the book and rolled them over to next year, would they still be PR points next year?

Also what does ARP and RUY mean? I can't seem to find a glossary on this site

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Also what does ARP and RUY mean? I can't seem to find a glossary on this site

"ARP" is Advanced Reservation Priority, but someone else will have to enlighten us both about "RUY", because I have no idea...

Cheers!