• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Marriott exchange through interval with Marriott destination points account

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
do you still get free replacement exchanges it is offering me exchange plus.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Yes you do. When I did a recent exchange the Eplus option showed up for the first couple days following the exchange then it disappeared. Guess the system doesn't differentiate between memberships for Destination Club accounts and regular accounts. Of course exchanges are only free for Marriott properties.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
Thanks just wanted to confirm

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
do you still get free replacement exchanges it is offering me exchange plus.

II is now offering the purchase of eplus to Marriott corporate members. Marriott to Marriott retrades only are free in corporate account.

There was a post about it on II in their “the scoop” section in April-
“That’s right, Marriott corporate members can now take advantage of the E-Plus benefit, too! E-Plus allows you to re-trade your confirmed exchange up to three times for a low, one-time fee. For more information read our FAQs to help answer all of your questions.
Happy travels!
Interval International”

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
II is now offering the purchase of eplus to Marriott corporate members. Marriott to Marriott retrades only are free in corporate account.

Not sure I understand your comment "Marriott corporate members". I purchased one a couple of weeks ago. Did you mean just Marriott members that use Interval?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your comment "Marriott corporate members". I purchased one a couple of weeks ago. Did you mean just Marriott members that use Interval?
Unless it is part of the hybrid deal or "requalified" with points ourchase during a promo, post June 2010 weeks do not have an II corporate account.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes you do. When I did a recent exchange the Eplus option showed up for the first couple days following the exchange then it disappeared. Guess the system doesn't differentiate between memberships for Destination Club accounts and regular accounts. Of course exchanges are only free for Marriott properties.
Not long ago, II added the ability for DC Corporate accounts to add EPlus to an exchange. Before that, DC Corporate accounts were blocked from using EPlus. The good thing about the addition is that you can do a Marriott to Marriott exchange for free using the corporate account, add EPlus for $59 and then you have up to three retrades for free. This means that you can trade in to a non Marriott resort for only $59. Of course, it has to be something available within instant exchange since EPlus can't do an OGS.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Marriott weeks owners who are enrolled in the DC (Destination Club) and use the II account that is paid for by the DC annual fee get free Marriott to Marriott exchanges and free Marriott to Marriott retrades.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: If you buy EPlus, and then exchange Marriott to Marriott as a Destination Club member, does the exchange count against the three EPlus trades? Thank you.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

cp73,
tschwa2 gave the answer.
Marriott members whose weeks are enrolled in the DC have a corporate account on II paid for by their DC dues.
Prior to the change in April we could not purchase eplus even if we exchanged to a non Marriott property on II.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Question: If you buy EPlus, and then exchange Marriott to Marriott as a Destination Club member, does the exchange count against the three EPlus trades? Thank you.
I believe all exchanges count against the 3 eplus trades if you have eplus. After the 3 eplus retrades are up you can still do Marriott retrades for free.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to understand under what circumstances would it be beneficial for a DC member to exchange through II? Is it when the week does not generate enough points to get the target resort?
I understand that when a DC member wants to exchange through II, he keeps his week and deposits it to II. He then gets free (included in annual program fee) Marriott to Marriott trade, and unlimited retrades?
Is the option to use e-plus for the purpose of exchanging to non-Marriotts?

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to understand under what circumstances would it be beneficial for a DC member to exchange through II? Is it when the week does not generate enough points to get the target resort?
I understand that when a DC member wants to exchange through II, he keeps his week and deposits it to II. He then gets free (included in annual program fee) Marriott to Marriott trade, and unlimited retrades?
We are DC enrolled weeks members and regularly exchange some of our weeks through II.
We get free (included in annual program fee) Marriott to Marriott trades, except for any unit size upgrade fees.
I don’t know about unlimited retrades, but we do get free retrades.
We request rather than deposit, but that is personal choice.
We have never tried to trade to non-Marriotts
(for those wanting to use DC points with Interval, you can only use them for non-Marriott reservations)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes e-plus (corporate account) is applicable for exchanges that include non Marriott options which I never do using my Marriott weeks. I have weeks I use, weeks I generally take points on and weeks I trade. If I won't use the week I make the determination whether to take points, rent or trade based on the specifics of the week. For Grande Ocean Platinum I use or rent but for Surfwatch I tend to take points. For HI I use or take points but might rent also in the future. For Harbour Lake I either use or take points. For Legend's Edge I might use, trade or take points. For Willow Ridge I almost always lockout and trade, I think I took points one time.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

You can purchase eplus even when trading Marriott to Marriott in a corporate account on II the option is available when making an exchange.

The only reason I can think of to do this is to use eplus to extend the week expiration date by a year.

Or maybe if you think you might trade into a non Marriott down the line. I don’t know if the eplus purchase option comes up if you cancel the original Marriott to Marriott exchange and do another- I’ve never done this.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the informative explanations. We have a Marriott Willow Ridge week, but it does not qualify to be enrolled. Someone else asked the question, and I wanted to learn as well. I hadn't thought of the trade to a non-Marriott, as we use WorldMark for that, but someone who only owns Marriott certainly might want to trade to other resorts.

When points have already been elected, and the DC member then decides to trade via Interval, what are the steps?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the informative explanations. We have a Marriott Willow Ridge week, but it does not qualify to be enrolled. Someone else asked the question, and I wanted to learn as well. I hadn't thought of the trade to a non-Marriott, as we use WorldMark for that, but someone who only owns Marriott certainly might want to trade to other resorts.

When points have already been elected, and the DC member then decides to trade via Interval, what are the steps?
IMO e-plus is more applicable to Marriott's for non corporate account requests because you'll still have exchange fees if you retrade it. Historically (recent history anyway) when I've traded through my personal II account Marriott to Marriott I've gotten e-plus for most but not all situations. I get it when there's an upgrade option that's workable but when there isn't one, I haven't.