• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great deal on stay at West57

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
From the main portal page, if you select the menu pull-down "Welcome <your name>", and then select "Account Information", it will list your Elite status (if you have it) there.

Kurt

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
[QUOTE="CalGalTraveler”]
Wow! 5 shows! Sounds like fun. Have you found a good outlet to purchase Broadway shows at a discount?[/QUOTE]

I am a bit addicted to the shows in NY now , so tend to buy most tickets in advance during presales or with discount codes. I used to go to TKTS South Seaport, then to the Lincoln Center location. If I am seeing a play, I could easily get a TKTS ticket at Times Square in the play-only line, which is never long. If I am only here for a long weekend, I don’t want to stand in line anymore. I saw King Kong last night (wow, the puppet!) using a code for $99. Today is Girl From the North Country at The Public and then The Ferryman. Sunday is Mother of the Maid (Glenn Close) and Days of Rage, both off-Broadway. It’s an odd collection of shows for this trip. I’ll be back in December.

brp, if you want to meet up, message me and we can say hi.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise- we just got back last night :(

As it turns out we wouldn't have had much time anyway- we were doing Open House New York events all day Saturday and Sunday (redeye in Saturday morning and right to the events), and then we had concerts at the lovely Beacon Theatre on 74th and Broadway both noghts (Tedeschi/Trucks band on Saturday, Indigo Girls Sunday) so there was no time for anything but that and sleep :)). And now a play this evening at ACT in San Francisco...yikes!

We were again offered this stay deal this past weekend and, of course, jumped on it. 2 nights for $299 with an option for a 3rd night at $150. We would do this every time :)

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

As it turns out we wouldn't have had much time anyway- we were doing Open House New York events all day Saturday and Sunday (redeye in Saturday morning and right to the events), and then we had concerts at the lovely Beacon Theatre on 74th and Broadway both noghts (Tedeschi/Trucks band on Saturday, Indigo Girls Sunday) so there was no time for anything but that and sleep :)). And now a play this evening at ACT in San Francisco...yikes!

We were again offered this stay deal this past weekend and, of course, jumped on it. 2 nights for $299 with an option for a 3rd night at $150. We would do this every time :)

Cheers.

We will be at W57 later this month and hope to get this deal. What kind of room do you get? Basic Studio plus unit? can you upgrade?

P.S. I won't mind the presentation as I want to learn about the Quin which is what they will be selling. Hard to get NYC info at other presentations.

Last edited:

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
Except that non-direct purchases (i.e. resale, i.e. wise) purchases are not supposed to count toward this tally.

I figure us resale folks are more de-lete to them rather than e-lite...

Cheers.
LOL. I always appreciate a good pun, BRP. We purchased this offer last December during our visit to W57 and are using it to stretch our points and are returning this December.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at W57 later this month and hope to get this deal. What kind of room do you get? Basic Studio plus unit? can you upgrade?

P.S. I won't mind the presentation as I want to learn about the Quin which is what they will be selling. Hard to get NYC info at other presentations.

We were last told that it was "up and including a Studio Premier, based on availability." For us, there was nothing at W. 57 at all, so we stayed at the Hilton. But the email I got from the guy who signed us up did mention the Premier.

(By the way- several times during our stay were were told that we were "Elite members" and that they try to do extra for us. We had requested one of the few balcony rooms, and it seemed a big deal to them to try and do this for an Elite. Alas, no one was checking out of the two such rooms, so no go. Also, we did get a noon (2 hour extended) checkout).

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @brp It sounds like this deal enables you to get a studio plus or studio premier but not a 1 bedroom. Probably not an issue for the trip we are planning but good to know.

Were you still able to use the lounge since you are an owner?

I wonder if we will be offered this at all because the sales person on our last presentation in HI was bent out of shape that we have attended several presentations and now own a resale in addition to our NYC developer unit. He might have noted something on our account..time will tell.

re: Elite. I checked our profile page as @PigsDad suggested and we are not listed as elite. However I have been told the same and even received elite cookies and wristband keys in HI. I believe they note your account as a bHC owner and know that you paid a premium so treat you a little better. Besides, it doesn't cost much to say you are elite...the keys are paid for and the cookies are < $10 purchased in bulk but the positive feeling goes a long way.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
[QUOTE="CalGalTraveler”]
Wow! 5 shows! Sounds like fun. Have you found a good outlet to purchase Broadway shows at a discount?

I am a bit addicted to the shows in NY now , so tend to buy most tickets in advance during presales or with discount codes. I used to go to TKTS South Seaport, then to the Lincoln Center location. If I am seeing a play, I could easily get a TKTS ticket at Times Square in the play-only line, which is never long. If I am only here for a long weekend, I don’t want to stand in line anymore. I saw King Kong last night (wow, the puppet!) using a code for $99. Today is Girl From the North Country at The Public and then The Ferryman. Sunday is Mother of the Maid (Glenn Close) and Days of Rage, both off-Broadway. It’s an odd collection of shows for this trip. I’ll be back in December.

brp, if you want to meet up, message me and we can say hi.[/QUOTE]

Last minute tickets can save you a bundle if you don't mind seats in the back or sides. We saw Miss Saigon (the original), Les Mis and several other shows in London with last minute tickets about 20 years ago when I was traveling to Europe regularly on business. Should consider again because regular pricing is quite steep!

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score

brp, if you want to meet up, message me and we can say hi.

Last minute tickets can save you a bundle if you don't mind seats in the back or sides. We saw Miss Saigon (the original), Les Mis and several other shows in London with last minute tickets about 20 years ago when I was traveling to Europe regularly on business. Should consider again because regular pricing is quite steep!

FYI, the TKTS parent company, The Theater Development Fund sells discounted tickets online in advance to its members. Membership is restricted to specific folks, but most are eligible one way or another. As a New Yorker, a TDF membership was worth every penny when I actually had the time to go. Might be worth it for some of you frequent visitors. https://www.tdf.org/

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had requested one of the few balcony rooms, and it seemed a big deal to them to try and do this for an Elite. Alas, no one was checking out of the two such rooms, so no go. Also, we did get a noon (2 hour extended) checkout).

Cheers.

The balcony rooms are that only the studios if so which one?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The balcony rooms are that only the studios if so which one?

There are two Studio Premier with balcony. They are (I believe) 2101 and maybe 2102 (we were in 2201, and were directly above one of them, the other is next door, but I don't recall if that was the -02 or -04 room).

Apparently there are some 1BR balconies as well, but never stayed there.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @brp It sounds like this deal enables you to get a studio plus or studio premier but not a 1 bedroom. Probably not an issue for the trip we are planning but good to know.

Were you still able to use the lounge since you are an owner?

I wonder if we will be offered this at all because the sales person on our last presentation in HI was bent out of shape that we have attended several presentations and now own a resale in addition to our NYC developer unit. He might have noted something on our account..time will tell..

We were not eligible for the lounge at W. 57th as we were not staying there. In fact, technically we would not have lounge access at W. 57th even if staying there as we are on a package and not using our ownership. All comments were that they would let us anyway, but don't have to.

We did get Executive Lounge at the Hotel as Diamond members, so that was OK.

Yeah, let's see if you get the offer :)

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, the TKTS parent company, The Theater Development Fund sells discounted tickets online in advance to its members. Membership is restricted to specific folks, but most are eligible one way or another. As a New Yorker, a TDF membership was worth every penny when I actually had the time to go. Might be worth it for some of you frequent visitors. https://www.tdf.org/

We're not eligible...yet. That retirement angle will be for us :)

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Cheers.

Sounds like you had a great time! I was pretty busy going from show to show. I got back last night and need a vacation! They offered me the return nights at the $150 per night, but it requires my husband to come and I usually travel alone. Maybe he will come with me in a couple of years, but for now, it's only me. I walked 21 miles, which is pretty good considering I was on a plane most of Friday and Monday. I even bought a weekly subway pass to travel to and from The Public and Midtown and JFK. Love the subway!

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time! I was pretty busy going from show to show. I got back last night and need a vacation! They offered me the return nights at the $150 per night, but it requires my husband to come and I usually travel alone. Maybe he will come with me in a couple of years, but for now, it's only me. I walked 21 miles, which is pretty good considering I was on a plane most of Friday and Monday. I even bought a weekly subway pass to travel to and from The Public and Midtown and JFK. Love the subway!

Yeah, we love the subway as well. I have a Metrocard that I just keep and refill since we go often. For getting in from/out to JFK we tool LIRR from Jamaica. Costs more than the subway, but much faster.

We walked 12 miles on Saturday (following the redeye), 9.6 on Sunday and 4.3 on Monday...and that's with a lot of subway thrown in! What a great city.

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, we love the subway as well. I have a Metrocard that I just keep and refill since we go often. For getting in from/out to JFK we tool LIRR from Jamaica. Costs more than the subway, but much faster.

Do you take the LIRR to Penn Station and then walk to W57?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

We have walked from/to Penn Station but mostly Uber since we have bags. Otherwise love to walk in the city.

Similar to @brp we also prefer the LIRR because it is much faster and you can get a seat. Although we haven't experienced anything significant on Manhattan, there have been a few unsavory characters on the JFK line which can make it a little uncomfortable. LIRR avoids this.

With our preferred airlines, we now end up at EWR so take the New Jersey RR from EWR to Penn. Very convenient.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

We alternately walk to take the subway, depending upon weather and mood. We have bags, but they're carry-on and manageable.

We have walked from/to Penn Station but mostly Uber since we have bags. Otherwise love to walk in the city.

Similar to @brp we also prefer the LIRR because it is much faster and you can get a seat. Although we haven't experienced anything significant on Manhattan, there have been a few unsavory characters on the JFK line which can make it a little uncomfortable. LIRR avoids this.

With our preferred airlines, we now end up at EWR so take the New Jersey RR from EWR to Penn. Very convenient.

Last year we took 3 trips and flew to all of {LGA, EWR, JFK}

We like LGA as they have a Centurion Lounge and easy to get to W. 57th via express bus and F train (from December when they re-open the 57th st. station)

EWR is nice as AS are our "second" status airline and they have a direct from SJC (our home airport)

For JFK, we can book coach on AA 3-class plane, use status to upgrade to Business, have lie-flat seats and use their premium (Flagship) lounge on both arrival (think showers on a red-eye) and deparure.

We'll have 3 trips next year (one on this "deal" again) and at least one will be JFK, for this reason :)

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@brp What airlines fly to LGA non-stop from the Bay Area?

Your description of JFK lounge and lie-flat benefits sounds like the Emirates elite lounge which is very nice. However I know that JFK hosts many airlines.

We are heading out to NYC soon. Tried to upgrade but flight is completely full...United...grrrr

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
@brp What airlines fly to LGA direct from the Bay Area?

Your description of JFK lounge and lie-flat benefits sounds like the Emirates elite lounge which is very nice. However I know that JFK hosts many airlines.

We are heading out to NYC soon. Tried to upgrade but flight is completely full...United...grrrr

Not direct. It's AA and we usually go through DFW to get there. JFK is AA as wwll, non-stop from SFO.

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

So I usually have a carryon roller bag, and take the E train to 53rd and 7th, and walk a few blocks to W57. If I were to take the LIRR, I wouldn't want to walk that far from Penn station with my bag. I've never used Uber anywhere! The E train seems to be the most economical, but it sounds like I would have a view from the LIRR, and then need to take an Uber or another method of transportation to the hotel.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I usually have a carryon roller bag, and take the E train to 53rd and 7th, and walk a few blocks to W57. If I were to take the LIRR, I wouldn't want to walk that far from Penn station with my bag. I've never used Uber anywhere! The E train seems to be the most economical, but it sounds like I would have a view from the LIRR, and then need to take an Uber or another method of transportation to the hotel.

From Penn Station, take 1 to Columbus Circle (59th and 8th), AC to Columbus Circle or E to53rd and 7th. All short walks to W. 57th.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
+1 when we have had carry-ons we have also taken the subway. Stops at the end of the block on W57.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI...A few new ideas for NYC visit: (will try the Bronx next time.)

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/20...m_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=BoardingArea

Some good food on Arthur Avenue, but nothing you can’t get in Manhattans Little Italy (if you’re going just for the food).

While on topic of traveling for food, the Brazilian and Portuguese bakeries and restaurants of Newark’s ironbound are worth the trip. Don’t let the trip to jersey (and the fact that it’s newark) scare you off if you have time.