• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
I have a slightly different story. I am interested in a Hyatt and attended a Hyatt presentation at Pinon Pointe (Sedona). After listening to the presentation, I was really interested in obtaining the book about what I would really get and what I would remain with if I purchased resale. So I signed up for $20, 000, got all the info (great book!), and then rescinded. I'm 74 so not sure if I should go ahead and purchase - especially now that airbnb offers such great deals. But Hyatts are so nice and in such lovely locations I am still tempted. They go cheap on ebay - but one never finds out if Hyatt exercises ROFR on them

There is a thread on tripadvisor that started with a tirade about Royal Holiday and now has expanded to Wyndham and other ts points places. Lots of advice on how to get out and how to rescind.

Just as a separate add on, I own lots of points with Royal Holiday as they have arrangements with timeshares and hotels in many major cities, which I take full advantage of. All bought resale from tug owners or ebay. I am pretty happy with it, as are my friends who rent from me. They get great deals, mostly in New York and San Francisco, and I make some money from them too. Wish we had a Royal Holiday forum here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Crossed over 9.4million in confirmed savings this month!

and more than $260,000 just in March alone! incredible!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and Just broke 9.5 million saved!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added, thank you!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
And crossed 9.6million with an HGVC confirmed rescission today!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
broke 9.7m saved just today! another $140,000 saved just in May alone!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Feel free to add me to the "Saved" list as well. 20k with a rescind letter sent on 7/2/2018 - assuming I don't run into any difficulties with the rescission process (still waiting for confirmation).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
crossed 9.9m with a hefty HICV rescission reported today! closing in on 10 million dollars!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This number is only for those cancelling once they found us. What would the number be if you could add up how much was saved by all tuggers who didn’t buy retail and only purchased resale after finding tug?

My first timeshare purchase was retail and because I found tug I purchased everything else resale, saving thousands and thousands and thousands.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no real way to track that, but there are plenty that mention they cancelled but do not give a dollar amount.

im sure the number is much higher but i dont engage in the sort of "exaggerated marketing" that so many other in this industry do.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TEN MILLION DOLLARS!

an incredible amount confirmed to have been saved by owners merely by finding this forum in time to rescind a new timeshare purchase!!!

absolutely incredible, truly unlike any other forum in existance!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TEN MILLION DOLLARS!

an incredible amount confirmed to have been saved by owners merely by finding this forum in time to rescind a new timeshare purchase!!!

absolutely incredible, truly unlike any other forum in existance!
Now to ten million more! Congratulations. Love love love tug.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Shout out for TUG! I have saved a lot of money by reading TUG and avoided some disasters!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I signed up just to say thank you, you guys saved me $47,000 and $1700 a year after. good thing i found your site on the 2nd day we signed
Thanks for letting us know and deciding to be part of our great community. Congratulations on all the money you save.
Tug saved one more :banana:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shout out for TUG! I have saved a lot of money by reading TUG and avoided some disasters!
Everything I learned about maximizing my timesharing is thanks to tug. Read a little here, a little there and overtime it added up and I know what I am doing.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
with the two added today, we are over 10.2million! incredible!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
10,300,000 with another rescission today!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as September comes to a close, we have a total of nearly 300,000 bucks saved just in this month alone!

this is mind blowing, im not sure any previous month was this high!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
as September comes to a close, we have a total of nearly 300,000 bucks saved just in this month alone!

this is mind blowing, im not sure any previous month was this high!
Amazing, I think the numbers are much higher. You don’t know the people that found tug, cancelled and didn’t post anything.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and with a holiday inn club vacation rescission today, we have hit the 800th person who has found this forum in time to rescind a new purchase!

makes for an average savings of just under $13,000 bucks (likely actually more as many of the reported rescission didnt include a dollar amount).

absolutely wonderful what this forum does for Timeshare owners.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and another owner saves 13grand on a hyatt purchase taking us over 13,400,000!

lauren baerg

Reaction score
and with a holiday inn club vacation rescission today, we have hit the 800th person who has found this forum in time to rescind a new purchase!

makes for an average savings of just under $13,000 bucks (likely actually more as many of the reported rescission didnt include a dollar amount).

absolutely wonderful what this forum does for Timeshare owners.
We just cancelled because of your wonderful site .. saved $10000