• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham survey email

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Wyndham just emailed me a survey about owner updates. I'm probably not the demographic they're looking for...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2.png
    2.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 3.png
    3.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 4.png
    4.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 5.png
    5.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 6.png
    6.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 7.png
    7.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 134

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert, Marriott Grand Chateau, Grand Solmar at Land's End
I received one too. I filled it out and submitted it. I felt it was my opportunity to let them know that owners should be treated with respect when dealing with their representatives. Updates aren't for everyone, I get that, but I think they can be informative from time to time though.

Just my two cents

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I also received it and submitted my input. My responses are the same as the OP (even my comments were very similar... ask once at checkin and if the answer is no, give keys and leave us alone)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Q5 needs another possible response, a negative response. "Waste of time" is too neutral. Something like "Totally annoying waste of time." Or, "Waste of time and pi$$ed me off."

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one, and filled it out with several variations on "Not in a million billion years." My open-form response was:

I am a resale-only purchaser. I do not have any interest in any developer-only perks/additions, including VIP, Club Pass, etc. The pressure and unpleasantness of dealing with the tour pre-qualification step at EVERY SINGLE VACATION I TAKE is incredibly annoying. Other systems that I have vacationed with through RCI exchange do not do this, including Hilton, Disney, and Starwood. Be better.​

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Just make sure you don't check the box that says "I only go to owner updates for the gift" or they'll eliminate the gifts, but keep the harassment!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I received the same survey email, filled it out last night.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I received the same survey email, filled it out last night.

Why can’t they just be honest? I know their argument is no one would attend if you called it a timeshare presentation or upgrade presentation. My response here is you are seen as filthy liars by using the Owners Update excuse. After all, it’s getting pretty old and almost everyone knows your games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why can’t they just be honest? I know their argument is no one would attend if you called it a timeshare presentation or upgrade presentation. My response here is you are seen as filthy liars by using the Owners Update excuse. After all, it’s getting pretty old and almost everyone knows your games.

Unfortunately there are lots of young people who don't know their games. I've warned my adult kids (who are in their 20's.) But there are many who aren't familiar with the timeshare game. I just read the post from the young college student who signed up for a timeshare and after a couple months realized she can't afford it. Shame on them for even targeting college students.

Not to disparage the youth... I don't believe it's their fault that they're ill-prepared to handle that level of lies sold in a happy place... but remember that old saying usually attributed to P. T. Barnum... "There's a sucker born every minute." I wonder if that's in the timeshare seller's handbook?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

That's basically what I said in my comments. Stop masking the "update meeting" as anything other than a sales presentation to sell more points 99% of the time. It promotes the predominantly negative reputation Wyndham has earned over time in this regard. It's the definition of insanity really, doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results. Wyndham wants their bad public perception issue to diminish, yet they are unwilling to change their behavior to change their reputation issues.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I think they expect the same results---selling more points at a healthy pace.

Yes, I agree. It’s all about getting more sales. What I think is ballsy here is they are asking for feedback on a system that is dishonest. We all know owner Update is simply trying to sell more. It’s like asking for feedback from a robber on how your experience was when he shook you down for your wallet and jewels. Was the experience 5 ️s?

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I agree. It’s all about getting more sales. What I think is ballsy here is they are asking for feedback on a system that is dishonest. We all know owner Update is simply trying to sell more. It’s like asking for feedback from a robber on how your experience was when he shook you down for your wallet and jewels. Was the experience 5 ️s?

I also agree that it is about getting more sales. I also think that they are in a business to make money. It is our endeavor to save money, so naturally that puts the Developer and resale buyers at opposite ends. I believe every single person who purchased a timeshare from the Developer initially thought it was a good idea, that's why they did it.

After the fact, when they found out they could have purchased the same timeshare for thousands of dollars less, the Developer became the bad guy. At this point, it appears to me that it is a game of cat and mouse. The Developer wants to sell points or weeks at a premium and those of who now know want to purchase points or weeks at a fraction of the cost. We go resale, they institute ROFR, effectively throwing a monkey wrench into the great deal you came across.

Attending these "Owner Updates" or "Sales Presentations" provides us with more information on the tactics they are using or untruths they are saying. Plus, they reward us to do it! The information may not influence us anymore, but it can provide us with the knowledge, to prepare our family and friends when they are tempted by the slick talking salesperson. I wish someone who had been through the presentations and then bought resale had informed me of what to watch out for prior to me buying my first timeshare.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I told them nobody in there right mind would pay developer prices unless they were rich or ignorant of the resale market. If they would offer benefits at a lower buy in cost like DVC does, I would definitely pay developer prices at around $12,000 so I wouldn't have to pay housekeeping fees and had access to Wordmark and Margaritaville. They should offer no housekeeping fees with any direct purchase and I would for sure buy it because I like having 2 night stays in Orlando.

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Hmmm...I haven't received any survey from Wyndham -- at least not yet. Of course, I've gotten into the habit of routinely deleting Wyndham correspondence (unless the subject denotes an obvious message of importance) -- so maybe I did get the survey after all!?

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't recall hearing a single case of Wyndham exercising this.
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. When I referenced ROFR, I was speaking of Developers in general, not just Wyndham specifically. As those of us who have fortunately learned the benefits of resale, there are a number of people who have purchased more than just Wyndham properties. There are a number of Developers who have ROFR written into the contracts which can potentially kill a great resale buy.

That's what I meant by cat and mouse. In most cases you can't give your timeshare back to the Developer if you no longer want to pay the maintenance fees, but if you find someone who wants it and provide them with what they consider a great deal, the Developer then can swoop in and take it.

You can look all over the TUG website and see where prospective buyers are bummed out because a Developer has exercised their ROFR. A closer look will reveal the very same Developer has refused to take back a similar unit.

My opinion is hearing what they are selling /saying provides me with more information to use to my benefit.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
I got the survey too. My response wasn't very nice.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Hmmm...I haven't received any survey from Wyndham -- at least not yet. Of course, I've gotten into the habit of routinely deleting Wyndham correspondence (unless the subject denotes an obvious message of importance) -- so maybe I did get the survey after all!?

Me either, but I’ve never been to an update/sales meeting ever, so I wonder if they figure my opinion is irrelevant to their needs.

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Me either, but I’ve never been to an update/sales meeting ever, so I wonder if they figure my opinion is irrelevant to their needs.
I hadn't considered that component -- We have never attended an 'update' either so maybe we, too, are not considered relevant. If so, long live irrelevancy!

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I also agree that it is about getting more sales. I also think that they are in a business to make money.

I have no problem with anyone making money as long as it’s an honest deal. We all gotta make a living. However, when lying is involved with trying to close a sale, I draw the line there.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista

I've never been to an update either, yet I received the survey. They are relentless in trying to get me to attend though. We'll see what my next check-in is like in a week, because I recently asked Wyndham to put me on their DNC and DNG lists. The calls have stopped, but I haven't visited a resort since making the request.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
"because I recently asked Wyndham to put me on their DNC and DNG lists."
O-K...I know DNC is "Do Not Call"...what is DNG...? Do Not Grope...?

Just curious...

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have no problem with anyone making money as long as it’s an honest deal. We all gotta make a living. However, when lying is involved with trying to close a sale, I draw the line there.

I agree with you. I think this is what really turns most against the sales people. Explaining the pros and cons of timeshare ownership is one thing, lying to close a sale is definitely violating the trust of the customer and reflects poorly on the Developer.