• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading Power Question, need advice

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
I deposited a 2019, Gold Plus 1 bd Sheraton Desert Oasis and have an OGS for Kauai, 3bd in June 2020. My question is this, would my Trading power be better if I deposited the full 2 bd LO usage for 2020 and did an OGS for the same search? I have ePlus on the 1 bd and will get it if I deposit the 2 bd, so I could do the OGS with both.

Also, if I adjust the dates, but not the resorts, do I go to the back of the line?

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You would certainly have more trading power with the 2br deposit, but I think your far greater challenge will be the lack of 3br units on Kauai. Off the top of my head, I only recall there being 3br units at Marriott’s Kauai Lagoons and The Cliffs At Princeville.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I agree. Not only three bedroom but summer availability as well may be an issue depending on the resorts requested (see II’s travel demand index below).
Interval International has an advance search feature (link). The advance search found 13 resorts across the Hawaiian Islands with three bedrooms units. 4 out of the 13 are on Kauai.

Advance Search Results

13 matches found.

The Cliffs Resort
Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii
TC1

Halii Kai at Waikoloa
Waikoloa, Hawaii
HLK

Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach

Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
HKB

The Kona Coast Resort I and II and Shell Vacations Club at Kona Coast Resort I and II
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
KOC
KON
KN1
KC1

Makahuena at Poipu
Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii
MKH

Marriott's Kauai Lagoons - Kalanipu'u

Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii
MKI

Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii
MKO
MK1

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii
MMO
MM1

Maui Schooner
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii
LMB

One Napili Way
Napili, Maui, Hawaii
ONP

The Point at Poipu
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
EPP
EP1

Sands of Kahana Vacation Club
Kahana, Maui, Hawaii
SOK

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas

Maui, Hawaii
WNA

Also, here’s Interval International’s Travel Demand Index for the Hawaiian Islands.

index.php

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if I adjust the dates, but not the resorts, do I go to the back of the line?
You may adjust the search at any time. That does not determine your place in line. Your trade power is what determines whether you get the match. If you have the most at the time the requested inventory is available, you will get it.

I agree with the previous replies - there is not enough inventory of 3br units to allow you to be successful. You would be much better off trying for two 2br units.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited a 2019, Gold Plus 1 bd Sheraton Desert Oasis and have an OGS for Kauai, 3bd in June 2020. My question is this, would my Trading power be better if I deposited the full 2 bd LO usage for 2020 and did an OGS for the same search? I have ePlus on the 1 bd and will get it if I deposit the 2 bd, so I could do the OGS with both.

I agree with the previous replies, but also to answer your question about your place in the queue, you don't go back to the end of the line when you make changes. I've made many changes to past requests, and have noticed that in "my history", the date of the request remains the same even though I made the changes. However, as hudsrhut mentioned, your trade power can be the determining factor, if some of the other factors with the other folks's requests are the same as your's. Since you're requesting a match for 2020, I would think that you have a good chance of getting a match, especially if you deposit the full 2-BR. Good luck! CJ

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I agree. Not only three bedroom but summer availability as well may be an issue depending on the resorts requested (see II’s travel demand index below).
Interval International has an advance search feature (link). The advance search found 13 resorts across the Hawaiian Islands with three bedrooms units. 4 out of the 13 are on Kauai.

Advance Search Results

13 matches found.

The Cliffs Resort
Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii
TC1

Halii Kai at Waikoloa
Waikoloa, Hawaii
HLK

Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach

Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
HKB

The Kona Coast Resort I and II and Shell Vacations Club at Kona Coast Resort I and II
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
KOC
KON
KN1
KC1

Makahuena at Poipu
Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii
MKH

Marriott's Kauai Lagoons - Kalanipu'u

Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii
MKI

Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii
MKO
MK1

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii
MMO
MM1

Maui Schooner
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii
LMB

One Napili Way
Napili, Maui, Hawaii
ONP

The Point at Poipu
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
EPP
EP1

Sands of Kahana Vacation Club
Kahana, Maui, Hawaii
SOK

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas

Maui, Hawaii
WNA

Also, here’s Interval International’s Travel Demand Index for the Hawaiian Islands.

index.php

While the ii advance search is useful for identifying resorts with 3 BR units, it may be misleading. For example, the Point at Poipu has AFAIK, only two 3-BR units. One used to be the sales room. So, perhaps one is owned and the other may be available for exchange. Kind of long odds IMHO.
To really get a feeling for availability, the OP may want to do the ii advanced search followed by a phone call to each of the targeted resorts to find out how many 3 BR units are available.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
While the ii advance search is useful for identifying resorts with 3 BR units, it may be misleading. For example, the Point at Poipu has AFAIK, only two 3-BR units. One used to be the sales room. So, perhaps one is owned and the other may be available for exchange. Kind of long odds IMHO.
To really get a feeling for availability, the OP may want to do the ii advanced search followed by a phone call to each of the targeted resorts to find out how many 3 BR units are available.
The only thing II is telling us is that the way resort has three bedrooms.
It doesn’t indicate how many and how often they are deposited (maybe never in some cases) ;)

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Everybody is spot on. I spend a lot of time on Kauai exchanges in II and the only 3br units I’ve seen come up have been at the Cliffs and Kauai Lagoons. The Lagoons deposits have dried up in recent years (and you don’t have Marriott preference) but I think there is a slight possibility you could luck out and get the Cliffs at Princeville. I’ve even seen 4br units pop up there occasionally.