• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II AC Have you used one lately?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Have you used yours recently? What did you get?

Most ACs I get expire. Even the one I get for depositing a week. In the past I found these have even less value then the free ones.

So I finally used my free II AC. I used the one that cost $224 with tax.

I got Marriott’s Cypress Harbour, 2 br in Orlando. Used it because I was at another timeshare that I wasn’t happy with and this AC got me elsewhere.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Nope, but only because I don't have any more time to go on a trip. We were supposed to go to St. George and I had to let some friends go instead. I have seen some nice weeks including Marriott Newport Coast for this week, but I couldn't use it. AC's are pretty similar to RCI's Last Calls. Great for last minute trips.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Week 50 in Sedona at the Ridge, 2br.

I’ve used several for this week the past few years, Hyatt Pinon Point, Summit. I can rely on getting an AC week since its low demand for Sedona, cold and wet sometimes. There are days when its sunny in 60s that make it great for hiking and worthwhile.

Its my birthday week, dovetails nicely into my holiday trek to see relatives in the Phoenix area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I've been pretty successful at finding something though you have to work at it and be flexible. I don't live near a large number of timeshares so it makes it a little tougher, but I like the thrill of the chase.
We are heading down to the ocean in 2 weeks on the $199 AC at Surfside Resort in WA. In June, we were at Crestwood in Whitefish, Montana and loved it. In May we were at Park City at the Marriott Summit Watch which we liked better than the fall stay we got the year before at the same place. In May of 2017, we got a week at Eagle Crest in central Oregon. In Jan 2017, we were at Sedona at Summit Watch at the end of Jan/early Feb and it was perfect weather and hiking conditions. Sedona seems to come up a lot in the winter and if I lived closer, I'd be there every time.

Sue

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, your comments and experiences are very similar to mines there is nothing out there where I want to go.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, your comments and experiences are very similar to mines there is nothing out there where I want to go.
Because of the AC I am now at the beautiful Marriott Cypress Harbour and was able to get away from Sabal Palms. I just am surprised how bad it got. When I was there a few years ago it was so nice. I would have been miserable if I had to stay there.

So one day you might have a use for the AC just like I did now.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
A very generous tugged let us use her AC and my daughter leaves in the morning for westgate near Universal for the week at a reasonable cost. Tuggers are awesome

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A very generous tugged let us use her AC and my daughter leaves in the morning for westgate near Universal for the week at a reasonable cost. Tuggers are awesome
Smiling, it’s what Tug is all about :thumbup:

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used two recently, one in late Sept. for about $250 and the second one for about $350 in late October. Both to the same resort, Desert Breezes in Palm Desert. PD is a convenient two-hour drive away. Had very nice 1 br stays.

Funny thing is, I'd never even heard of ACs until this past summer when I logged into our II account for the first time in, oh I dunno maybe 3 or 4 years, and saw a message saying, hey your certificates are about to expire! Later that day at the pool (DW and I were staying at Westin Desert Willow, our usual go-to) I had to ask another owner what a certificate even was. He had used ACs before and told me they randomly land in your account from time to time. Alrighty then.

Since we often go to the desert in low/shoulder season, this could work for us. You can bet I'll be checking back next spring for ACs (and/or Getaways) to get more extra stay opportunities at low cost.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a great use of an AC Panani - Cypress Harbor is a lovely resort!!!!

I have used a handful this year (2018) all during high demand seasons, most where last minute.

Harbor Ridge in Maine in August. AC for deposit that matched well in advance with an OGS. I ended up giving this to my inlaws as DH couldn't take the time off from work.

Innseason Pollard Brook in New Hampshire in August with a Freebie

Marriott Custom House in Boston in July with a Freebie

Innseason Pollard Brook in February with a Freebie

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC are great if you lived near a major airport hub. .We are now driving to Richmond, VA for our airplanes departures . We do not liked changes planes to reach our final destination. We prefer direct flights ✈️.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a great use of an AC Panani - Cypress Harbor is a lovely resort!!!!

I have used a handful this year (2018) all during high demand seasons, most where last minute.

Harbor Ridge in Maine in August. AC for deposit that matched well in advance with an OGS. I ended up giving this to my inlaws as DH couldn't take the time off from work.

Innseason Pollard Brook in New Hampshire in August with a Freebie

Marriott Custom House in Boston in July with a Freebie

Innseason Pollard Brook in February with a Freebie
Wow you got great places and weeks. I need to try use my ACs more often.

Cypress Harbour is lovely. It’s been about 6 years since I have been here and it’s even nicer then I remember. Who needs Mickey when here?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will look at Cypress Harbour for next year. I do see AC’s for Cypress Harbour.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
This year I used two AC. Both were in Marriott Shadow Ridge, which is a 2 hour drive from my house. IIRC, both cost about $300 to use, but hey! in both cases I got a 2 BR unit. Life is good.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I used one to grab a 1BR Casa Dorada at Medano beach. I gave it to my sister and husband.

Gorgeous resort. They loved every minute of it.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
AC are great if you lived near a major airport hub.

Or....live in an area that you can drive too. Being from New England there are lots of places we can use them for just long weekends and they are still very cost effective. We don't have "resorts" like Orlando though.....that would be nice!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
This year I used two AC. Both were in Marriott Shadow Ridge, which is a 2 hour drive from my house. IIRC, both cost about $300 to use, but hey! in both cases I got a 2 BR unit. Life is good.

Wow, you got great ones. That's the kind of find I'm hoping to get for next summer/early fall.

shellmo1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you used yours recently? What did you get?

Most ACs I get expire. Even the one I get for depositing a week. In the past I found these have even less value then the free ones.

So I finally used my free II AC. I used the one that cost $224 with tax.

I got Marriott’s Cypress Harbour, 2 br in Orlando. Used it because I was at another timeshare that I wasn’t happy with and this AC got me elsewhere.

We use one every year to go to Branson on Table Rock Lake. We have a boat and love to go boating there. Great deal for a week on the lake!