• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Crystal Shores Plan email your vacation info and contradicting follow up email received

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Marriott Crystal Shores sent me an email for planning your vacation. I traded with II. I found interest the following.

“Interval International members will be assigned beginning on the Gulf Side and in the villa size confirmed through II.

Gulf Front Villa: Direct view of beach, receives direct sun year round.
Gulf Side Villa: Side view of the Gulf, beach to the North, and the island with some obstructions.
Gulf View Villa: Partial side view of the Gulf and the island with obstructions.”

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott Crystal Shores sent me an email for planning your vacation. I traded with II. I found interest the following.

“Interval International members will be assigned beginning on the Gulf Side and in the villa size confirmed through II.

Gulf Side Villa: Side view of the Gulf, beach to the North, and the island with some obstructions.
Gulf View Villa: Partial side view of the Gulf and the island with obstructions.”
I think this is because Gulf View and Gulf Front are the old weeks based ownership that traditionally would be deposited in to II? Also could be that it is old verbiage. Those are the old categories, new ones were added with the new building that recently opened.

You may get some more responses/opinions if you request this to be moved to the Marriott forum.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed something similar on the "plan your vacation now" email family member received for a stay at Surf Club Aruba that was purchased via a Getaway. I think it is all about setting expectations up front with exchange guests.

Villa Location Preferences
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club experiences a higher than normal volume of resort Owners coming on their ownership stays. Preferences for villa locations are prioritized to these Owners and requests for specific buildings, floors or views cannot be guaranteed. As an Interval International guest, you will be assigned beginning in the garden view and in the villa size confirmed through Interval International.

As a reminder, the resort team is unable to provide any upgrades on property.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I noticed something similar on the "plan your vacation now" email family member received for a stay at Surf Club Aruba that was purchased via a Getaway. I think it is all about setting expectations up front with exchange guests.

Villa Location Preferences
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club experiences a higher than normal volume of resort Owners coming on their ownership stays. Preferences for villa locations are prioritized to these Owners and requests for specific buildings, floors or views cannot be guaranteed. As an Interval International guest, you will be assigned beginning in the garden view and in the villa size confirmed through Interval International.

As a reminder, the resort team is unable to provide any upgrades on property.
What surprised me about what I was sent, it wasn’t starting with the worst view.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So now this is what they sent me, one day later after they asked if I wanted a corner/middle or high floor/low floor. I requested high floor.

“I see that you have booked into the Three Bedroom Standard View view type,...
Standard View which faces north toward the Hilton Hotel with an eastern view of Marco Island located between the 3rd and 6th floors.

649F61A6-46E0-4703-9081-0A8C6432ABFD.jpeg

I have also noted your requests in your reservation. “

As we all know trades in Marriott’s usually get the worse view. I must have been insane when I gave up my Surf Club beachfront unit for the same week. I went with the majority of tuggers who though it would be a great experience and I hope it will be for my daughter.

Had a moment of hope at least a partial water view with the first email. This picture they sent says it all. Btw my code on the reservation reflected beachfront penthouse but I did know upfront that would be unlikely.

Let’s see what I actually get next month. I will post my view, 3rd floor none, 6th floor I should have a very nice city view.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Based on the view you got, it sounds like you traded in to a week in the new section but the email they sent id based on old view categories in the old section.

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded into crystal shores this summer and recieved the most amazing view. We arrived late at night and couldn’t believe the View when we woke up. I was shocked after being used to parking lot views at other marriotts we have traded into. See picture below.

Attachments

• 522A75FC-516A-4603-9E2E-E32F70482542.jpeg
    522A75FC-516A-4603-9E2E-E32F70482542.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 79

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We traded into crystal shores this summer and recieved the most amazing view. We arrived late at night and couldn’t believe the View when we woke up. I was shocked after being used to parking lot views at other marriotts we have traded into. See picture below.
Gorgeous,Maybe I will get lucky like you.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what I ultimate got. I am on the lowest floor and I can see the beach/ocean when I am on the terrace. Can also see garbage dumpsters among other things.

I consider myself lucky as at least I have the option of the nice view on the terrace.

I am in the egret building (osprey is closer to water) in a unit that is the closest to the water on the alley way, noisy at times. All other units in egret will be further away. Also be aware half the units in this building face pool side instead of alley.

B8DA88A0-147D-4B44-A011-FF4A01D1F33F.jpeg
E6B929C1-5312-404E-B9CD-C646D1E92AFD.jpeg

FB48FB46-E8A3-4892-AF70-E82CAEC82CB7.jpeg
34BC3CB9-09DC-4C7A-8C73-48E7BAA59151.jpeg

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what I ultimate got. I am on the lowest floor and I can see the beach/ocean when I am on the terrace. Can also see garbage dumpsters among other things.

I consider myself lucky as at least I have the option of the nice view on the terrace.

I am in the egret building (osprey is closer to water) in a unit that is the closest to the water on the alley way, noisy at times. All other units in egret will be further away. Also be aware half the units in this building face pool side instead of alley.

View attachment 9467 View attachment 9465

View attachment 9466 View attachment 9468
I once offered to attend a timeshare presentation if they would move me
The move did not make the presentation any better but they did improve my view (this was not a Marriott resort and certainly is vmmv)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Thanks for sharing the email you received. Good for others to know in the future.
Sorry you’re disappointed with the view.

I remember your original thread - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...iott-crystal-shores-or-hgvc-surf-club.277493/

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing the email you received. Good for others to know in the future.
Sorry you’re disappointed with the view.

I remember your original thread - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...iott-crystal-shores-or-hgvc-surf-club.277493/
My daughter seems to love it here so location of unit is secondary. It is truly an amenity driven resort, for families I can see the draw.

I would definitely trade back in here but not during a week I own my beachfront units. If I got a trade here with one of my units I own for trading, it would be a score.