• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

unpaid DC membership dues

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Usually when the MF's are determined and the amounts are posted in your Marriott account, the DC membership dues are due (around the same time). This year, I never had the dues posted to my account and I never received any kind of invoice. Apparently the DC membership dues were due by 12/1. I went in and tried to pay several times but there is no amount listed so I contacted Marriott Owner Services by phone. After about an hour of getting transferred, being placed on hold, waiting for "a supervisor" to get involved....they just told me "they just don't know why I wasn't billed". They did promise that they would get back to me and provide a method as to how I should pay. That was 4 days ago. Still notta!
They did say that my account was noted so that I am not assigned any late fees....but I just don't understand why they haven't gotten back to me. Seems to be a lot of glitches as of late.

griffer1278

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Usually when the MF's are determined and the amounts are posted in your Marriott account, the DC membership dues are due (around the same time). This year, I never had the dues posted to my account and I never received any kind of invoice. Apparently the DC membership dues were due by 12/1. I went in and tried to pay several times but there is no amount listed so I contacted Marriott Owner Services by phone. After about an hour of getting transferred, being placed on hold, waiting for "a supervisor" to get involved....they just told me "they just don't know why I wasn't billed". They did promise that they would get back to me and provide a method as to how I should pay. That was 4 days ago. Still notta!
They did say that my account was noted so that I am not assigned any late fees....but I just don't understand why they haven't gotten back to me. Seems to be a lot of glitches as of late.
Are there different due dates on destination club dues? Mine aren't due till Dec 10.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there different due dates on destination club dues? Mine aren't due till Dec 10.
Mine are Dec 10 too, as an enrolled weeks owner.
Perhaps it is different for trust points owners?

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Interesting. But the rep certainly told me 12/1. Also told me that my account was flagged. I'm just a weeks owner that registered the day before the last day you could do so in 2010. Never exchanged for points (because of the skim).
I'll call tomorrow.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
A1FF8964-5664-40CB-88F8-696FC31CDB41.jpeg This was our DC Membership dues invoice (minus personal details)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine was due 11/30.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Interesting. But the rep certainly told me 12/1. Also told me that my account was flagged. I'm just a weeks owner that registered the day before the last day you could do so in 2010. Never exchanged for points (because of the skim).
I'll call tomorrow.

Every owner on record is assigned an account. Prior to enrollment I had always done all the processing, including fees, through my account; we never even activated Don's. But after enrolling all of the fees started posting to Don's, and when I asked they said they couldn't change it to mine. So since enrollment we use his account to do everything.

It's a long shot and you probably would have noticed it sooner, but is there any chance that's what's happening now?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mine was due 11/30.

That's because you own DC Points; the Club Dues due date for Trust Members is the same as the DC Points MF's due date.

The Club Dues due date for owners of enrolled Weeks who don't own Points should be Dec 10, no exceptions.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Mine were billed on the same invoice as my MFs.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
That's because you own DC Points; the Club Dues due date for Trust Members is the same as the DC Points MF's due date.

The Club Dues due date for owners of enrolled Weeks who don't own Points should be Dec 10, no exceptions.

That's how my dues are billed. I own trust points and weeks and my trust points MFs were due 11/30.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Another phone call yesterday only yielded a "wow...we've never seen this before" from the rep & supervisor and of course the usual "we'll have to get back to you". I was on hold several times and finally told them that I'm exhausted from trying to throw money at them.
They don't even offer a way to pay the fee...so I just have to wait. Truly nonsense.
However...that seems to be the norm today.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
In the 15+ years that we have owned Marriotts, they have NEVER been able to get a handle on account numbers. Each time we ever bought a unit we got a different number. I can't tell how many times we tried to have our accounts consolidated.
We even went to far as to file a quit-claim deed (because one of our accounts had a middle initial or the first name reversed), what did we end up with...yep another different account number. Then along comes the DC club...another number, then there is a number for II which also changed when we joined the club. This is how people fall through the cracks.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
... finally told them that I'm exhausted from trying to throw money at them. ...

I want to say thanks for putting a smile on my face on this cold morning, and I hope that by the time they finish figuring this out you'll have only one account number each for MVW. And for II only the usual two, one from prior to enrollment and one post.

Good luck. :)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to say thanks for putting a smile on my face on this cold morning, and I hope that by the time they finish figuring this out you'll have only one account number each for MVW. And for II only the usual two, one from prior to enrollment and one post.

Good luck. :)

Another annoyance, I have tried to get II to delete the pre enrollment account but they cannot. It's a hassle I have to pick every time I get into II, and, I might one day stupidliy click renew on the wrong account.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another annoyance, I have tried to get II to delete the pre enrollment account but they cannot. It's a hassle I have to pick every time I get into II, and, I might one day stupidliy click renew on the wrong account.
II not only closed (deleted?) my pre enrolment account, they refunded all my outstanding period of subscription.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
II not only closed (deleted?) my pre enrolment account, they refunded all my outstanding period of subscription.

If it shows up when you log into II, it's not deleted, just closed. I even tried the TUG II rep, couldn't be done.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it shows up when you log into II, it's not deleted, just closed. I even tried the TUG II rep, couldn't be done.
My old personal II account number stopped showing up as an option at login after they cancelled my subscription.
I just tried to use my old sign in credentials and they were rejected too.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
My old personal II account number stopped showing up as an option at login after they cancelled my subscription.
I just tried to use my old sign in credentials and they were rejected too.

Well, <insert angry face emoji> since the site won't let me.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Lordy Lordy...I did get a reply (finally).
I had to let my wife handle the call because I forgot why I called them :doh:
But the rep said that they found our previous payments (through yet another acct #) and were now on a mission to find out why we weren't billed. Apparently at that point, I will finally be able to pay my DC dues and get on with my life that I desperately yearn for:cheer:
Mike

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Still unresolved. Still can't pay. They still don't know why. We're still waiting to hear....but only hear.. when we initiate a call and they tell us that they still can't tell us what's wrong. Seems like we're STILL at a stand still.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you ask to speak with a supervisor or a manger to look into this problem? January 1, 2019 is approaching and you maybe lock out of your account. I do not know & understand why someone cannot resolved this problem for you.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
As an enrolled owner, my DC annual fees were billed by email on November 6th and payment was due December 10th. Because I'm forgetful, I paid late on December 26th (without a late fee being charged).

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Pedro & Blotter.......trust me, there has been a supervisor involved in every call. The last one (yet another call yesterday PM) "thinks" he may have the answer.....but still no firm results. Our membership may have been terminated after we sold 3 of our Ocean Pointe units, not realizing we still had an OW unit. If that's what happened that's on them.
Still trying to pay and my membership dues are overdue now. The kicker is...there's no way to pay as there is no invoice or account to pay it to. Sorta "third world administration"

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro & Blotter.......trust me, there has been a supervisor involved in every call. The last one (yet another call yesterday PM) "thinks" he may have the answer.....but still no firm results. Our membership may have been terminated after we sold 3 of our Ocean Pointe units, not realizing we still had an OW unit. If that's what happened that's on them.
Still trying to pay and my membership dues are overdue now. The kicker is...there's no way to pay as there is no invoice or account to pay it to. Sorta "third world administration"

Reminds me of when I tried to pay my student loan, and, they said I didn't have one. I had the loan contract and they still wouldn't believe me, so, in my case which is not the same thing, I eventually gave up. You can't do that though, sorry to hear about your troubles but it brought back that memory. I am sure it will eventually end well.