• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heavenly bed for home?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We are currently staying at WKV and have slept well on the Heavenly bed here, which is similar to our experiences sleeping at other Vistana resorts. We currently have a Sleep Number bed at home, which is not as comfortable on my lower back. So, we are considering making a change.

I am curious if anyone has purchased a Heavenly bed and how the sleeping experience has been? Also, how many years has it maintained it’s shape and been comfortable?

I would appreciate your insights.

Best regards.

Mike

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have an adjustable bed at home too, we got My Pillows and we really like them. We have trouble getting used to some beds in timeshares. Ormond Beach has a ok bed, but the sound of the ocean lulls me to sleep.
Silentg

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We had one years ago. My recollection is that it slept well but that it lasted for only a few years. We would have bought another, but the delivery service (subcontracted) didn't show twice, so we cancelled the order.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I don’t have one but considered getting one, or a Marriott bed. On Black Friday they had a big sale and prices were really good but my hubby didn’t want to purchase a mattress without trying it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We are currently staying at WKV and have slept well on the Heavenly bed here, which is similar to our experiences sleeping at other Vistana resorts. We currently have a Sleep Number bed at home, which is not as comfortable on my lower back. So, we are considering making a change.

I am curious if anyone has purchased a Heavenly bed and how the sleeping experience has been? Also, how many years has it maintained it’s shape and been comfortable?

I would appreciate your insights.

Best regards.

Mike

I am waiting for either ten years (8 to go), a mechanical reason, or possibly the folks who buy our current home in a few years will take our Sleep Number. I've hated the darn thing from the beginning, and hate that I hate it. A foam pad on my side has made it tolerable.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We got our sleep number adjustable bed from friends who bought a house with the adjustable bed left for them. We got a guy with a truck and a buddy to move it to our house.
Our friends bought a new bed and we got a almost new bed. Threw out the oldest mattress we had in the house and put our old bedroom mattress on that bed. Our DS sleeps in that room when he visits.
Everyone is happy with mattresses.
Silentg

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
My wife and I purchased a Heavenly bed about a year ago. for the first few weeks I kept thinking I was waking up in Hawaii, then being disappointed that I was home. It has held up well, although it has only been a short time. VERY comfortable, just like at the resorts. We actually gave a 6 month old more expensive mattress to our daughter in order to sleep on the Heavenly bed. The bedding is priced ridiculously, so we didn't get those, and we got pillows from the ritz carlton collection as we liked their firmness better than the heavenly

To answer your question, we are glad we bought the Heavenly bed and would happily do it again when this one begins to show it's age. WE sleep better and my morning back pain is minimized versus other beds. But all people are different. My thoughts are if you sleep well on the Heavenly bed, even a little better than home, then do it. But wait for a 400 - 500 dollar off sales (they come around often) as that will at least cover the shipping.

Michael

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son and daughter-in-law bought one after we took them to Maui and they slept on one for a week. They absolutely love it.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The last 3 or 4 times we went mattress shopping, we mentioned liking the Westin Heavenly Bed. Every store we went to knew exactly what we were talking about, and pointed us to the factory name model of the Heavenly bed. In every case, the sales staff told us it was a good bed, probably a 7 out of 10. Oh sure, you think what else would the salesman say. But in truth, he pointed us to lesser models, similar models, and better models. The Heavenly Bed is not the Holy Grail, not in quality, and certainly not in price. As a side note, we've bought other Heavenly products, like the towels. They seem so nice at the resort. At home, I'm not feeling the love. If you're in the same boat we are, you're probably loving the Heavenly because it feels so much better than what you have at home. My theory is that the resort mattress is probably 2 years old, and my mattress at home has outlived its useful service life. How old is your mattress? 8 years is considered the limit, unless you weigh 120 lbs.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I am waiting for either ten years (8 to go), a mechanical reason, or possibly the folks who buy our current home in a few years will take our Sleep Number. I've hated the darn thing from the beginning, and hate that I hate it. A foam pad on my side has made it tolerable.

Have you tried the 3 in topper from Costco? Remember you can take it back if it does not work for you.

Patti and I have been sleeping on the same mattress and box springs for over 10 years. I do not remember the Brand but it was from Costco. Six years ago we added the 3 inch topper from Costco and we both love our bed.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
the reviews for the Heavenly bed are horrid. Most say it is an knock off and nothing like the ones in the hotel. Too bad as otherwise I'd be all over it

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Rather than paying the huge markup because it's Westin-branded, why not contact Simmons and ask them for a comparable model? I'd also second the recommendation to buy your mattress from Costco because they allow you to return mattresses that you don't like.

I have a tempurpedic mattress from Costco. It's harder than the ones at the Westin, but it's better on my back. The downside is that it's hot to sleep on, so I have to put on an extra sheet between me and the mattress.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I bought a Heavenly Bed about 15 years ago and it has held up amazingly well. However, I highly doubt you would receive a bed made of the same quality materials nowadays.

The mattress industry of today is notorious for building products using cheap materials that are guaranteed to fail prematurely. In some ways, it’s similar to the timeshare industry in that they are mostly marketing companies which rely on salespeople to make lofty promises that the buyer has no way of evaluating until long after the purchase is done. Meanwhile, they’ve extracted thousands of dollars in exchange for a hope and a prayer.

If you’re serious about finding a quality, long-lasting mattress that can provide you with years of comfortable sleep, ignore most of the advice in this thread as well as everything you think you know about mattresses and brands. Instead, just as you would advocate doing for a timeshare purchase, educate yourself about mattresses at The Mattress Underground: https://www.themattressunderground.com/

Knowledge is power.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a new matress a few years ago and I researched about it for weeks.

There was a website called THE OLD BED GUY. It seems that it no longer exists, I hope the author of the site is alright, he was elderly and worked in the mattress business his whole life. He was very insightful.

We ended up buying a POWERCORE mattress from Charles Rogers. They are made in NJ. They make their coils out of a higher gauge steel than most manufactures and the foam they use is natural latex that they get from the factory next door. Everything is American Made and no chemical foams are used. Most matteress come from china, and cheap chemical foams that give off chemical gasses are used.

The OLD BED GUY recommended it and Consumer Reports rated it as their #1 mattress.

There are 3 levels of plushness, we got the most plush, usually we get firm. The mattress is still good, however, it is VERY HEAVY. It is a King and must weight close to 150 pounds.

Joe

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thank you all for your insights. I will definitely do more research.

Best regards.

Mike

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps off topic... A great mattress to consider is The Duxiana. It is expensive, but amazing!!! I bought one years ago when I was pregnant with my second child and couldn't sleep on my bed. A few months into the pregancy, I got a Duxiana and it has held up extremely well.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We have a Heavenly mattress (from Nordstrom) - bought quite a while ago. Thought it hard - so we got the Costco topper. Worked fine, but created 2 valleys (mine being deeper LOL)
We moved recently and decided to remove topper - very comfortable now. Seems to have softened up compared to when it was new.
We are happy - perhaps there are different makers of Heavenly Mattresses - but ours has same labels/tags as ones at resort (which we also love).
I have friends that also bought Heavenly mattresses - they like theirs as well.
Both bought after staying with us on vacation at Westin resorts.
but, maybe it was the rum? :D

Reaction score
Thank you all for your insights. I will definitely do more research.

Best regards.

Mike

The Heavenly mattress is made by Simmons Beautyrest. Try going to Ortho or Sit and Sleep and try out a few. It will even come with a longer warranty than The Heavenly mattress. The “model names” will be different, but you can try to compare it based on coil count and layers and types of padding.