• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Transfer Hold up

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
I have recently purchased National Harbor 400k pts through resale on ebay. After doing so and researching I got a couple of weeks that I could deposit into PICs. When I purchased the 105k from Wyndham corporate I took the member number and got it to the transfer company for my resale purchase. I called National Harbor today and asked when they thought the points and contract would be completed since they have had the deed since November 15th. They told me that they were waiting for my billing cycle to start before they can transfer. Any advice on how to get the billing cycle to start or move or get them the info they need to get my contract processed. I am VIP gold because of PICs and have until Dec 31st to move the points forward from this contract. I do not want to have to rent them or deposit to RCI. I will but I would like the option to do more with them. Any advice is appreciated

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I am VIP gold because of PICs and have until Dec 31st to move the points forward from this contract.

If you have a Jan. 1- Dec. 31 use year you have already missed the window to move points forward for this year. It is 9 months for gold VIP.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also think if the deed came in on 11/15 you are likely looking at 12/15 to 1/1 before it moves to your account.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
If you have a Jan. 1- Dec. 31 use year you have already miss

Use Year is April 1st to March 31st. The deed was signed November 2nd. I think I figured some of this out. I called the corporate sales and made a payment which should start my billing cycle they said. I will call tomorrow and see if it changed anything. I just don't want to miss the opportunity to deposit points. If they don't come in I guess I will get a chance to learn how to rent them..

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Use Year is April 1st to March 31st. The deed was signed November 2nd. I think I figured some of this out. I called the corporate sales and made a payment which should start my billing cycle they said. I will call tomorrow and see if it changed anything. I just don't want to miss the opportunity to deposit points. If they don't come in I guess I will get a chance to learn how to rent them..

Does what you purchased from Wyndham corporate have a January 1 use year? If so Wyndham may realign your use year to January 1 on the National Harbor deed. After the new website in May 2017 they were pretty insistent about all deeds and contracts in the same account having the same use year. But they seem to be not enforcing that "policy" uniformly now from what I've seen other people posting.

I do remember Ron P., and I think b noble too, posting about National Harbor deeds taking longer to close thanks to the county in which the resort is located.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does what you purchased from Wyndham corporate have a January 1 use year? If so Wyndham may realign your use year to January 1 on the National Harbor deed. After the new website in May 2017 they were pretty insistent about all deeds and contracts in the same account having the same use year. But they seem to be not enforcing that "policy" uniformly now from what I've seen other people posting.

I do remember Ron P., and I think b noble too, posting about National Harbor deeds taking longer to close thanks to the county in which the resort is located.
They take longer because the deed has to be filed in person, usually by some entity that works like a process server.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA

The purchase I bought has an April 1st use year. I know that the deeds take longer to close there because they need to be filed in person. However, in my case, National Harbor has the deed and everything they need to complete the transfer. They are telling me that there is a hold on the transfer because I haven't received a bill for my purchase yet.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Maybe I missed something, but you said you bought the National Harbor contract via resale on ebay (not from Wyndham)? If so, I'm surprised anyone at National Harbor even knew what you were talking about when you called them.

Once the closing company for the ebay purchase got your deed recorded they would send it and the transfer fee to Wyndham's title department at Corporate in Orlando. From there it usually takes 2 to 4 months for them to transfer it once they receive the paperwork.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Maybe I missed something, but you said you bought the National Harbor contract via resale on ebay (not from Wyndham)? If so, I'm surprised anyone at National Harbor even knew what you were talking about when you called them.

Once the closing company for the ebay purchase got your deed recorded they would send it and the transfer fee to Wyndham's title department at Corporate in Orlando. From there it usually takes 2 to 4 months for them to transfer it once they receive the paperwork.

I am finding out this the hard way. I have been told so many things even that Wyndham would not let me buy any more points direct once I bought resale. I am just trying to get clarity in this mucky water. I am looking forward to enjoying my vacations but this whole process has been kind of a downer.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

They have since cleaned up a lot of their back log thanks to e-recording.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Deleted repeat

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am finding out this the hard way. I have been told so many things even that Wyndham would not let me buy any more points direct once I bought resale. I am just trying to get clarity in this mucky water. I am looking forward to enjoying my vacations but this whole process has been kind of a downer.

I think that THIS is going to turn into a huge can of worms. I purchased from corporate as well and I just heard today that they are not allowed to sell direct points to me now.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Who told you, that you would not be allowed to buy points direct, if you bought resale? I have a dollar that says a sales person told you that. If they barred resale owners from buying retail, they would be shutting out a huge portion of their owner base from buying retail. I don’t see why a large company like Wyndham would be dumb enough to do that. That’s like Hyundai saying since you bought a used Hyundai, you’re not allowed to own a new one. What company worth their salt (and wants to stay In Business), would say no to a sale, just because you bought something used or resale? Especially considering so many of their owners have resale. That’s just bad business.

Last edited:

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Who told you, that you would not be allowed to buy points direct, if you bought resale? I have a dollar that says a sales person told you that. If they barred resale owners from buying retail, they would be shutting out a huge portion of their owner base from buying retail. I don’t see why a large company like Wyndham would be dumb enough to do that. That’s like Hyundai saying since you bought a used Hyundai, you’re not allowed to own a new one. What company worth their salt (and wants to stay In Business), would say no to a sale, just because you bought something used or resale? Especially considering so many of their owners have resale. That’s just bad business.
You are right it was the sales manager at National Harbor trying to convince me to buy more points before resale went through to make sure I could get to permanent gold since I am only there for 2 years with bonus points.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I have a dollar that says a sales person told you that."

Sorry to see you may have lost a dollar. It apparently was a sales manager that said that and not a sales rep. If they are doing well enough with there rental activities, or think they can, maybe they just do not care about selling timeshares over time.

The "Blue Thread" and the Hotel Group maybe the primary continuing groups that the investors care about.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
"I have a dollar that says a sales person told you that."

Sorry to see you may have lost a dollar. It apparently was a sales manager that said that and not a sales rep. If they are doing well enough with there rental activities, or think they can, maybe they just do not care about selling timeshares over time.

The "Blue Thread" and the Hotel Group maybe the primary continuing groups that the investors care about.

You’re saying the Sales manager is not a sales person?