• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Do they really think I would take a studio in Orlando for my 2 bedroom Marco Island?.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So I added some Orlando resorts to a request I already have set up in II last night. Today I get a call, they have an alternate, a studio in a resort I did not request in Orlando. What gets me is my request is against a two bedroom at an Hgvc affiliate in Marco Island during a higher season. Do they think I would take a studio? She tried to tell me it’s very nice. Really?

I realize the computers are making these alternate matches as she had to look up why I was called. II needs to fix their algorithm for alternative matches to be like for like. My guess is enough traders take them that they feel the manpower to handle these call are worth it.

I guess I am frustrated because we were in Orlando last week and my other half wanted to drive to the Houses at Summer Bay where we have a trade in a few month. He hated where it was, tremendous traffic and they wouldn’t let us in to drive the resort unless we went to sales. He wants me to find something else. He doesn’t care if it’s a house with a pool and we lose the trade fee in RCI.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No no no. Come to Marco. Stop by and say hello on the way
I would live in Marco if I could. I normally use my weeks there.

This was one of those rare weeks I can’t use. It was a newly acquired timeshare and I already have everything booked for 2019 so I deposited it in II versus hgvc as II has always given me great trades.

Who knows, maybe we crossed paths already, in a restaurant, on a boat, at the farmers market.:wave:

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, The Houses are really wonderful! Summer Bay is our favourite place, even though it is a bit out of the way. Publix is within walking distance and there are lots of restaurants not too far away. JMHO

Dori

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, The Houses are really wonderful! Summer Bay is our favourite place, even though it is a bit out of the way. Publix is within walking distance and there are lots of restaurants not too far away. JMHO

Dori
I know the houses are wonderful. I am going to show hubby your post. Hubby is spoiled with locations we have stood before. I was lucky a Disney week showed up last night but for a one bedroom. Daughter wants her own bedroom, dad says no way staying at Summer Bay. This will be interesting. Right now I have another day to decide on Disney. I really don’t care where I stay in Orlando, we hardly stay in the room.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I know the houses are wonderful. I am going to show hubby your post. Hubby is spoiled with locations we have stood before. I was lucky a Disney week showed up last night but for a one bedroom. Daughter wants her own bedroom, dad says no way staying at Summer Bay. This will be interesting. Right now I have another day to decide on Disney. I really don’t care where I stay in Orlando, we hardly stay in the room.
I have stayed at Summer Bay, but not the houses. I would agree with hubby on at least summerbay itself.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have stayed at Summer Bay, but not the houses. I would agree with hubby on at least summerbay itself.
Because of location, resort or area?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Because of location, resort or area?
I didn’t really like resort area, or the resort, they are managed by Exploria, and I have had about 5 calls a year from them offering me deals to come hear their spill, This is even after I politely asked them to take me off their call list.

The pool was loaded up with people to the point you didn’t want to be there and the hot tub was Luke warm with basically no jets. Room was okay, bed on the low end of comfort. My balcony was to lawn chairs out front of entrance with small table between them. No elevators at least in building I was in. I went Feb last year while Money show was in Orlando.. Made for a close cheap place to crash... But doubt this would be on my places to go back to.

They did have several family things to do, but most are all extras above your exchange.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patti and I do not understand why any one would voluntarily choose to vacation in Florida.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Patti and I do not understand why any one would voluntarily choose to vacation in Florida.
Have you been to Marco Island, Key West, Sanibel, Captiva, Art Deco district Miami Beach, Cocoa Beach to name a few nice vacation experiences? Florida is a very large state with lots different types of vacations.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Been to up and down the east coast from Key West to Jacksonville with numerous places inbetween to include Miami. Been across the Panhandle from Jacksonville to Pensacola and numerous place inbetween. The only thing that would draw us back is to visit with the GD's. They live in SLC but DIL was raised on Long Island. So she assumes the place to go during the Winter is Florida. We are trying to wean her off that mistaken belief. In fact we were suppose to spend two weeks in Florida this coming January but DIL is about 4 month pregnant and cancelled.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I don’t understand why someone would not enjoy Florida in the winter

Because there are more better places like San Diego, Cabo, Hawaii, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Tasmania, (I know part of Australia.) etc. We feel sorry for people on the East Coast that have the mistaken belief of how wonderful it is to vacation in Florida. By the way I have lived in Florida twice - once as a child and once as an adult.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Because there are more better places like San Diego, Cabo, Hawaii, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Tasmania, (I know part of Australia.) etc. We feel sorry for people on the East Coast that have the mistaken belief of how wonderful it is to vacation in Florida. By the way I have lived in Florida twice - once as a child and once as an adult.
There are many people I have met from all over the world that visit Florida and keep coming back. Yes there are also many other wonderful places to visit. To each person the perfect vacation is different. What one likes another won’t. No reason to feel sorry for me or anyone else who found a vacation spot in Florida they love. Just because there are “better places” doesn’t mean we made a mistake, maybe we found something you missed or granted it’s not what you like. That’s the beauty of vacations, the choices are limitless. Glad you found your better places you love.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We live in Florida, have been here 31 years. It’s not for everyone, but what place is?
We travel a lot to many different places and some other parts of Florida too.
Just because you don’t like Florida, you shouldn’t say why does anyone voluntarily vacation there.
We have a wonderful community and we are always glad to return to our home after traveling.
Silentg

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

I guess I am one of those mistaken East Coasters that could care less if you feel sorry for me. I am so missguided that I enjoy being in a tent in the woods. THE HORROR

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove

It’s not a mistaken belief if you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, hard to believe someone would feel this way. Don't get me wrong, I love San Diego (it's where I live). And I've been to Hawaii quite a few times, and would love to get to Australia someday. But I also love visiting and experiencing other places as well, and Florida is definitely one of them.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
To each his/her own. I remember reading that it was a good thing that we all have different tastes. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to find our car in the parking lot.

As a Californian, I am tired of folks bashing our state. After all, it is our home, where we have raised our families, where our family homes are. Is it perfect? No. Is it for everyone? No. Is it right for me? Yes.

Now if folks want to vacation in Florida, by all means - do it and enjoy it! No need to criticize them, no need to feel criticized. If you are paying for your vacation, you can do whatever you want on vacation.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
And many people can’t afford the cost of getting to Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, not to mention the length of time to get there.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
As winter is closing into the Northeast I do understand and I am a skier :)

YES....this is what I was thinking. Florida is as south as you are going to get in the US in the winter. Sometimes the destination is to just get a away from the cold! Also, you can't beat the resorts in FL, on some level they can be the destination itself!

Also, for us on the East Coast - Florida can be a very cost effective trip. Plenty of cheap flights, get a TS, cook in room and we have a warm home away from home.

I am a skier too, but as the years go by I have been going less and less....I still "force" one ski trip a year. Why, because I do love it and every ski trip we take, I enjoy a lot. But the entire process of ski packing, dressing in cold weather gear, heading north takes so much more than a throwing a bathing suit and light clothes into the luggage and hoping onto a plane to FL.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
To each his/her own. I remember reading that it was a good thing that we all have different tastes. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to find our car in the parking lot.

As a Californian, I am tired of folks bashing our state. After all, it is our home, where we have raised our families, where our family homes are. Is it perfect? No. Is it for everyone? No. Is it right for me? Yes.

Now if folks want to vacation in Florida, by all means - do it and enjoy it! No need to criticize them, no need to feel criticized. If you are paying for your vacation, you can do whatever you want on vacation.

I really like CA, since I live in the Midwest I’m not able to visit CA too often due to cost.

I feel wherever one wants to vacation at is the right spot for him or her. No right, no wrong

I agree no need to criticize or be critized for your choice.