• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Increasing II exchange fees & membership fees as of 1/1/19

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I just called the old Starwood II desk and got a 5 year, interval membership for $311... This breaks it out to $62.20 per year...

The # is 877-782-7088

I just renewed for $311 for five years by calling in. The on line renewal page stated $356. I wish we could buy a package (in increments of 5 or 10, without expiration dates) of exchange fees for a discount.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
When I last spoke with an II rep, she mentioned that fees will be increasing as of 1/1/19, in case anyone is thinking about renewing or making an exchange...

Below I have listed some of the fees that will be increasing per an email that I received:
1 year Basic Membership $99
1 year Gold Combo Membership $163
1 year Platinum Combo Membership $238

Exchange fees will increase:
Normal exchange fee $209
Marriott in-network fee $154

I had already made the decision to not renew or personal account when it comes do, so I suppose this information only confirms the my decision was a good one for us. Between the membership fee, exchange fee's, upgrade in size fee's and the ever popular resort fee's many resorts are charging, it's just to expensive to exchange outside the systems we own in.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
At some point membership fees, trade fees and added resort fees will make trading a no for many more. For some weeks in the trade systems, between all the fees a trade can cost over $400.

Whereas I use to trade most of my weeks I own I opted to overall change my portfolio to own mostly what I use because of the increasing fees to trade. I kept a few for trading but started changing those to what I could use if the fees go up too much more.

I'm moving toward having my TS's be ones that I use vs relaying on exchanges... I'm rearranging my portfolio to me units that are not reliant on exchanges

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I'm moving toward having my TS's be ones that I use vs relaying on exchanges... I'm rearranging my portfolio to me units that are not reliant on exchanges
Most of my portfolio I am using. Whereas I kept a few that are great exchangers, thinking of changing those to weeks I can actually use if a request first doesn’t match on II.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Like @chemteach I am still happily exchanging most of my weeks because we still have places to see. As long as it's less expensive then renting, I'm good with it (which does not mean that I am happy with the cost increases). Long term though, I have tried to buy units that can either be easily sold, or places that we wouldn't mind visiting. I won't buy a trader that is located across the country because if things ever got so out of whack that we couldn't travel I don't want to have to fly to a destination (except Hawaii which is an easy flight for us and near the top of our destination list). I also buy EOY contracts/lockoffs, and places that offer day use to keep the annual costs down and stretch out the usage.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just renewed for $311 for five years by calling in. The on line renewal page stated $356. I wish we could buy a package (in increments of 5 or 10, without expiration dates) of exchange fees for a discount.

I agree, I wish we could lock in the fee’s as well. The good news is that I’ve now locked in the yearly fee of II till 2029.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, I wish we could lock in the fee’s as well. The good news is that I’ve now locked in the yearly fee of II till 2029.

Wow, going to 2029 is impressive, Sugarcubesea!!! As I noted in Klpca's thread on dropping her RCI membership, we're finding less and less value in trading anymore due to rising costs of MF's plus exchange and add-on fees. I'm glad we own where we want to vacation. Thanks for the heads up on the $311 for 5 years, though. We still see value in II Getaways, RCI's Extra Vacations and Last Calls.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PamMo:

The reason why I did this was to have access to getaways. I’ve now changed my portfolio to what I can use vs exchange. Since my end goal is to retire in FL, I want the ability to grab a getaway for when family visits.

This year during a promo II had I was able to snag a 1 bedroom in AZ for a week for $359. I also grabbed another deal on a getaway for FL, for $250 less then what the MF’s are for that resort.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to update an ongoing search and I was asked for an additional $20? Has anyone else had this happen?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I went to update an ongoing search and I was asked for an additional $20? Has anyone else had this happen?
In the past when the rate went up the same thing happened if you updated your search.

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
I have a reservation with eplus. Has anybody done a 2019 eplus retrade for a resrvation made in 2018? Did you have to pay the additional $20 difference?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have a reservation with eplus. Has anybody done a 2019 eplus retrade for a resrvation made in 2018? Did you have to pay the additional $20 difference?
You should not have to pay any difference when using eplus on an existing exchange.