• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points Exchange Vacations

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
Is it just me or is the RCI Points Inventory for Florida really slim right now? Is this normal for this time of the year? I am fairly new to the RCI points but I check often to include right after the system updates on the weekend. I also have been checking the Sightings/Distresses tab on the forum as well to double check.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are you looking at the whole year or at specific locations and dates?

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
I am looking at march 2nd week and the last week and mainly summer months for 2019 and 2020.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at march 2nd week and the last week and mainly summer months for 2019 and 2020.
I see 15 resorts and 40 units for March 8-10 check-in in Orlando. That is high season in Florida and spring break week for many there.

For summer 2019 I see 63 resorts and 2,743 units available in Orlando. I see 59 resorts (1,303 Available Units) in the rest of Florida.

How are you searching?

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
That is what I have been seeing too! I am filtering the searches by 2 bedroom or by number of people 6 and looking at Northern and Southern Gulf Coast. I think there is like 22 Northern Gulf Coast 19 Panhandle and 19 or so Southern Gulf Coast. I think the 2 bedrooms limits me somewhat.

Searching on RCI Points system and using filters....also have 2 ongoing searches conducting as as well. That is how I ended up with the Longboat Key Little Gull in July 2020.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
For RCI points, the best availability is at exactly 10 months and it has to be a points resort.
On the weeks side RCI doesn't particularly reward owners for depositing prime and high season Florida gulf resort so most owners don't deposit.
Ongoing searches will also only match weeks inventory not points inventory. Weeks inventory can be deposited anytime so it is hard to predict.

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
Gotcha....thanks so much. Just trying to get a feel for it! Thanks again for the info and I will keep looking but limit it to 10 months out.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is what I have been seeing too! I am filtering the searches by 2 bedroom or by number of people 6 and looking at Northern and Southern Gulf Coast. I think there is like 22 Northern Gulf Coast 19 Panhandle and 19 or so Southern Gulf Coast. I think the 2 bedrooms limits me somewhat.

Searching on RCI Points system and using filters....also have 2 ongoing searches conducting as as well. That is how I ended up with the Longboat Key Little Gull in July 2020.

When I am on the hunt for something I will search daily because sometimes a great stay will show up. You will find some resorts show up more than others as you get a feel for hunting.