• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Glacier Canyon remodeled rooms and my first owners update

klabat26

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Hi Tuggers!

Had a kick off to Christmas trip with my Hubby and Kiddos at Glacier Canyon, thought I would share some thoughts!

The first and Second floor of the 7000 wing are remodeled. The layout doesn't change but the Northwoods feel is gone. Color theme is a ice blue with a good deal of white. I would call it modern. Looks very nice, though personally Hubs and I like the Northwoods look better, Teenagers said the remodel is "crisp" and "upscale". Also the aggressive cow picture staring at your in the master bathroom is intimidating. We decided he was the worst!

3 years in as a resale owner and I finally bit the bullet and went to an owners update. Wisconsin law says they have to give you the gift up front. I doubted but indeed they did. Chose the resort money (won't do that again as you get no change back. ex. I bought the kids yogurt. Bill was 25.53 Dumb me had no other form of payment, handed over 30 in resort money and that was how it went the entire time!)

I went into the owner update with a yadda yadda yadda attitude. It paid off! Was out of there in under an hour! Maybe the fact that when "our" sales guy shook my hand I started a 60 minute time on my phone, using google voice LOUDLY, set the tone? He tried to sell me on all the perks that I can't get as resale.....converting points for a cruise, hotel rewards...etc. Yup told him that I have a flexperks card and get all that anyway. He gave up after a pleasant 15 minute conversation with him!

Sidenote: BRING YOUR TODDLER! the don't keep them in the daycare unless they are potty trained(ours NEVER is getting potty trained!) Hubs left the presentation 2 minutes in as the little guy "had to go potty" he came back for the last 5 minutes of convo with sales guy and BAM we were out!

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
Soooo did you have a good time ? Enjoying your points ?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

klabat26

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Yes we always have a good time there! nice to have a place that we can let our older teenagers out and about with out worrying and that our toddler can have fun!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I live an hour from Disney and I'm seriously contemplating driving 20 hours just to visit there after seeing the new rooms. How much do they heat the water in the summer time? On the website is says June only goes up to 79 degrees and July only goes up to 83 degrees on average. That's still a little cold if they don't heat the water. The natural surroundings look SO beautiful up there in the summer time when you're used to looking at ferns, swamps and palm trees lol.

I haven't done an update yet. $30 doesn't seem like its worth an hour of time. If you really want to get out there quick, just quote the reservation fees associated with each "perk".

Club Wyndham pass: $99 just to make a reservation?!? GROSS!
Wyndham Rewards: $99 just to convert my unused points?!?! F that!!
Plus Partners: I have to pay a higher program fee to **potentially** use my points in that way??? Any unused points I have, I can just make a reservation at Bonnet Creek, throw it up on Redweek/Ebay and make all my maintenance cost back + profit, then use that to book a discounted cruise/airfare. Why would I need add Plus Partners when it sucks?
RCI nightly Stay: An extra $49 minimum reservation fee?!?!? That fee literally makes Priceline/Hotwire/Expedia CHEAPER.

If they persist, then queue in that anyone with half a brain would only buy retail if they had 2 RCI weeks to PIC to get VIP benefits and since you don't have your weeks to PIC, there's no chance in hell you would ever make a retail purchase that day because you only get 60 days to enroll your PICs.

I might attend one of these "updates" just to see how quickly they'll give up on me.

"Oh I heard you guys sell points at $170 per thousand. Telesales will do $140, why would I pay $30 more per point for LITERALLY the same thing?"

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I live an hour from Disney and I'm seriously contemplating driving 20 hours just to visit there after seeing the new rooms. How much do they heat the water in the summer time? On the website is says June only goes up to 79 degrees and July only goes up to 83 degrees on average. That's still a little cold if they don't heat the water. The natural surroundings look SO beautiful up there in the summer time when you're used to looking at ferns, swamps and palm trees lol.

We live in Florida too and even farther south than you. We went to Glacier Canyon last summer for the first time arriving on August 5th. While the outdoor pools weren't quite as warm as we are used to in Florida summers, they weren't so cold we didn't want to get in. No, you aren't going to have the bathtub warm pool temps you are used to living in Florida. Later July and August are usually pretty hot in Wisconsin although the nighttime temps drop a lot more than they do here for us.

You can find cheap flights from Tampa to Chicago and it would about a 3 hour drive. Madison is only an hour but you have to watch harder to find cheap flights. We flew to Cleveland, OH where our son and his family live then drove from there with our DIL and two granddaughters.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

I haven't done an update yet. $30 doesn't seem like its worth an hour of time. If you really want to get out there quick, just quote the reservation fees associated with each "perk".

Club Wyndham pass: $99 just to make a reservation?!? GROSS!
Wyndham Rewards: $99 just to convert my unused points?!?! F that!!
Plus Partners: I have to pay a higher program fee to **potentially** use my points in that way??? Any unused points I have, I can just make a reservation at Bonnet Creek, throw it up on Redweek/Ebay and make all my maintenance cost back + profit, then use that to book a discounted cruise/airfare. Why would I need add Plus Partners when it sucks?
RCI nightly Stay: An extra $49 minimum reservation fee?!?!? That fee literally makes Priceline/Hotwire/Expedia CHEAPER.

If they persist, then queue in that anyone with half a brain would only buy retail if they had 2 RCI weeks to PIC to get VIP benefits and since you don't have your weeks to PIC, there's no chance in hell you would ever make a retail purchase that day because you only get 60 days to enroll your PICs.

I might attend one of these "updates" just to see how quickly they'll give up on me.

"Oh I heard you guys sell points at $170 per thousand. Telesales will do $140, why would I pay $30 more per point for LITERALLY the same thing?"

I do the updates almost all the time and most of the time get $150 on average for them. I actually have a bit of fun toying with them. My best was: The sales manager came out asked for me said, “hey we just pulled your account and see your are a 100% reseller. Do you have any questions?” Nope and on to gifting we went. Less than 10 minutes!

At Clearwater my wife had to go to work each day so I had not planned to go but them pests kept calling my room so finally I answered, talked to them waited for them to jack up offer told them wife had gone to work. That’s okay you can come alone. Sales guys go in for first offer at $220 per 1K, That’s when I hit him up with almost verbatim your PIC deal and Telesales. Only I said $135 as Hitchiker had posted they offered him at that price. Then he wanted to know why I came in. Because you guys kept calling me. On to gifting.

I always figure it offsets some of costs at resorts either groceries or meals out.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We are headed to Glacier Canyon later this month. July 30-August 5. Anyone else going to be there?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are headed to Glacier Canyon later this month. July 30-August 5. Anyone else going to be there?
Jan, hope to see you. I have the beverage cup if you want to use it. I understand it is ten dollars off with the cup