• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare scam or not

snowcat59

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by Private Claim Administrators to refund money I spent a few years ago trying to sale my timeshare. It was $1500.00. They claim to have found the money in Mexico and for $9800.00 , I would collect $330,000.00 minus fees which they really don't discuss. Has anyone else been approached by these people. There web-site is www.claimfed.com. Office is in Quincy Ma. and the lawyer I talked with is in San Fran. This does not sound right to me.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's Mexico. It's timeshare related. They contacted you out of the blue. They are offering way more than you have a reasonable claim to.
Everything shouts SCAM SCAM SCAM.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I was contacted by Private Claim ......They claim to have found the money in Mexico and for $9800.00 , I would collect $330,000.00 minus fees which they really don't discuss. ...... This does not sound right to me.

On weekends they sell a bridge that connects Brooklyn to Manhattan .

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
And you listened to this and kept a straight face???? Amazing!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Definitely a scam. Individuals or groups doing stuff like this count on the old adage "There's a sucker born every minute."

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The sad part is that I am sure that they have already scammed people with this absolutely ridiculous story.

Facts - their website was created October 2018. Their website also includes "testimonials" and these low life scum sucking scammers have resorted to stealing photos of people's obituaries.

upload_2019-1-10_22-47-38.png

upload_2019-1-10_22-48-7.png

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Survey Says:

its_a_scam_750px.jpg

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The same lawyer I believe represents several Nigerian Princes who have some funds to deposit in your bank account as soon as you send them the info on all your accounts:rolleyes:.

Cheers

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only way you'll collect a lump sum of $330K is if you buy a winning lottery ticket. Believe me, you won't be receiving this money thru the sale of a timeshare!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
The sad part is that I am sure that they have already scammed people with this absolutely ridiculous story.

Facts - their website was created October 2018. Their website also includes "testimonials" and these low life scum sucking scammers have resorted to stealing photos of people's obituaries.

View attachment 9831

View attachment 9832
index.php

I guess it's TRUE! Timeshare fees do follow you PAST the grave!:ponder:

Reactions: RX8

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

View attachment 9831

View attachment 9832
How did you link those up? Terrible scam!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
How did you link those up? Terrible scam!
You use WHOIS to look up the domain registration (ICANN) and google image search to find the picture.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Oh, that’s how. Such a scam

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
You use WHOIS to look up the domain registration (ICANN) and google image search to find the picture.

Yup, that’s exactly what I did. The pictures of the “employees” on their website were also randomly stolen from the web.

BTW, google image search only works on Chrome.

Reactions: DrQ

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
never underestimate the level of creativity from folks whos only goal is to separate you from your money.