• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott ROFR

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
They sent it after I asked for it. I was surprised there was no date on the document, either where Marriott signed or where the notary signed...

If there is no date on the notary's acknowledgment, I would consider the possibility of fraud. Notaries are excruciatingly careful (they can be sued). I don't know the law in Florida (where I assume Marriott exercised ROFR), but a defective notary acknowledgment can put a cloud on title.

I have read several posts here suggesting that some sellers have claimed ROFR was exercised as a way of getting out of a deal. Why would a seller do that? Because they got a higher offer from someone else.

Is this worth pursuing? Probably not. But if this seller is one commonly involved in timeshare resales, we would like to know who it is.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
If there is no date on the notary's acknowledgment, I would consider the possibility of fraud. Notaries are excruciatingly careful (they can be sued). I don't know the law in Florida (where I assume Marriott exercised ROFR), but a defective notary acknowledgment can put a cloud on title.

I have read several posts here suggesting that some sellers have claimed ROFR was exercised as a way of getting out of a deal. Why would a seller do that? Because they got a higher offer from someone else.

Is this worth pursuing? Probably not. But if this seller is one commonly involved in timeshare resales, we would like to know who it is.

Here is the Marriott Exercise of ROFR. I see no dates, maybe I’m missing something. The agent has a very good reputation, and it’s absolutely not worth pursuing.

Attachments

• marriottexerciseofrofr.pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 45

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
From the post, I am thinking you have not actually been to Waiohai yet? For us, the two resorts are highly complimentary.
The rooms are very comparable. They should let you check out a room while you are there. Here are our resort comparisons:
Ko Olina has two balconies; Waiohai has one.
I think Ko Olina has a better master bath. Larger shower.
Waiohai has the better kitchen.
Ko Olina has separate thermostats. Waiohai just one for the whole 2BR
Ko Olina has better on site food options. Waiohai has far more nearby offsite food options.
Waiohai beach is infinitely better than Ko Olina's lagoons.
Ko Olina pools are MUCH better than Waiohai
Brian I have read all of your posts about Waiohai and they are the main reason we chose to buy there. We will be on Kauai tomorrow. My agent suggested increasing our offer by $500 to see if other sellers would take it AND to see if that would pass ROFR. But we definitely don’t want an EOYO if first use is 2021...

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I got two from Marriott, from two separate transactions. One ROFR exercised, one ROFR waived. Both documents have no date anywhere on them.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thanks, Greg. The seller of the Waiohai has made a reservation in September ‘19 for us (assuming Marriott waives) so we were considering renting a 2/2 MKO for a week to match with it. It’s good to know there won’t be a huge premium over MF’s. We are completely blown away by MKO (we are here now).
I am also here at MKO. I would love to meet and talk to another tug member. If you would like to meet up, I am in room 30217 but am moving rooms tomorrow. I am available tonight and will be at resort to about lunch tomorrow. Then back into Kona tower until end of the month.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Here is the Marriott Exercise of ROFR. I see no dates, maybe I’m missing something. The agent has a very good reputation, and it’s absolutely not worth pursuing.

That looks basically identical to my ROFR "waiver" from last January, with the exception that mine was a waiver and yours was an exercise. Same format; slightly different language. Different signatures and witnesses, but the same Notary. So it seems legit.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am also here at MKO. I would love to meet and talk to another tug member. If you would like to meet up, I am in room 30217 but am moving rooms tomorrow. I am available tonight and will be at resort to about lunch tomorrow. Then back into Kona tower until end of the month.

We are in 10417/418. Would you like to come by or meet in the lobby? Would love to meet you too!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our agent is extremely reliable and has an A+ reputation. We will continue to work with her..

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We will be at Longboards at 7:30 AM tomorrow for breakfast if you would like to join..

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Frank, it was a pleasure meeting and picking your brain about the Marriotts’ here in Hawaii. I look forward to seeing you again in two years!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Frank, it was a pleasure meeting and picking your brain about the Marriotts’ here in Hawaii. I look forward to seeing you again in two years!
It was very nice talking with you also. Have fun on Kauai! Make sure to get in touch with me next time you are back on Oahu. Will be in your nrck of the woods at the end of Oct.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now I'm officially jealous.
Might not be so jealous when I show you what i have to pay in MF. I feel it every Feb when I have to pay the mf on the credit cards.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Might not be so jealous when I show you what i have to pay in MF. I feel it every Feb when I have to pay the mf on the credit cards.

I just had my payment of $11K processed for Marriott MF. Your pain may be greater than mine, but I'm feelin' it.