• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

is Sheraton Vistana Cascades 1 bedroom high season a good trader in II and RCI?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been looking for a way to enroll in RCI to have access to cash deals, mostly for NE US, mountain resorts. I have an opportunity to buy week 16 EOY 1 bdr (not premium) at Sheraton Vistana Resort. The MF are 240/yr (or 480 total for the week). Because we already have Interval I like the idea to be able to deposit in both.

Am I going to be able to get any decent exchange in Interval? We also own Lagunamar and I can see all the weeks in the Sightings section except the ones with Marriott priority. I expect the trading power to be lower but i guess if we do not aim for the moon we would be ok. We do not need Hawaii, maybe once every few years and i can use WLR if necessary for that. But we still generally prefer Vistana/Marriot quality. If i understand correctly, the lowest trading power in Vistana is still pretty decent because of the priority, right?

The same question for RCI weeks. Does anyone know the trading power?

I think that I can enroll in RCI and then sell (give away) the SVR and keep the RCI weeks membership for the cash deals as long as i pay the annual fee. Can anyone confirm this? This would not be out of concern for the trading power, only if we decide we own too many weeks but we still want to keep RCI.

Thanks a lot, have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
These are great questions- following for responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I'm not sure about Sheraton Vistana Villages but I have a small 1BR Gold Plus (highest season) annual Sheraton Broadway Plantation and its a great trader. MF are ~$565/year and it can be deposited into either RCI or II. I always use it in II and get great trades.

You should be able to pick up one for free, if the SVV turns out to be a poor idea.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Sheraton Vistana Villages but I have a small 1BR Gold Plus (highest season) annual Sheraton Broadway Plantation and its a great trader. MF are ~$565/year and it can be deposited into either RCI or II. I always use it in II and get great trades.

You should be able to pick up one for free, if the SVV turns out to be a poor idea.
sorry I made a mistake initially, it was Sheraton Vistana Resort, the Cascades phase, not Villages, I should have known better since i own SVV Bella... the names are confusing. though.

Does anyone know, if i call RCI tomorrow, as a non member, are they going to tell me about the trading power?

thanks

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry I made a mistake initially, it was Sheraton Vistana Resort, the Cascades phase, not Villages, I should have known better since i own SVV Bella... the names are confusing. though.

Does anyone know, if i call RCI tomorrow, as a non member, are they going to tell me about the trading power?

thanks
I called RCI and I have the answer now: for the 1 bedroom Sheraton Vistana Resort #0450 I would get 22 TPU. Would that be ok for $480 MF? As a new member I would also get a reduced 1 year membership at $59 and a $33 discount for my first exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
No. I wouldn't buy that. I wouldn't buy anything in Orlando. The SBP is a good idea, or SDO, and preferably a high season and not a 1-52 at SDO. Orlando is overwhelmed with timeshares.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. I wouldn't buy that. I wouldn't buy anything in Orlando. The SBP is a good idea, or SDO, and preferably a high season and not a 1-52 at SDO. Orlando is overwhelmed with timeshares.
how many TPU would SPB or SDO 1 bedroom high season get? When i had the RCI account and i could check inventory, there were a lot of available weeks at those resorts in the system.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP said the deal was for EOY. That would not be a good buy since you would only get the TPU's when your MF is paid in full. Please correct me if I'm wrong but that is how I thought it worked with an EOY purchase.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If i want to deposit a 2020 week, in addition to the current $240 MF, I would have to prepay the 2020 $240 MF. Not an issue. In a way it is actually better. I own 2 Lagunamar EOY contracts (one odd, one even). If i want to deposit 2020 i just have to prepay the even year contract which is approx 50% of what I would have to prepay if it was a EY contract. In terms of cash flow, EOY contracts are better for next year deposits IMO.

Last edited: