• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below][merged]

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you call to see if the rofr application was received? Just a shot maybe someone will verify not.

You used to be able to call Marriott years ago and Marriott would confirm it. Not sure if they have the staffing any more to do this like they used to.

Additionally, keep in mind that all reputable closing companies submit the paperwork electronically (the days of sending it via the USPS mail are long past), so they are able to submit it to Marriott in seconds.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
You used to be able to call Marriott years ago and Marriott would confirm it. Not sure if they have the staffing any more to do this like they used to.

Additionally, keep in mind that all reputable closing companies submit the paperwork electronically (the days of sending it via the USPS mail are long past), so they are able to submit it to Marriott in seconds.

Then it should be easy to find out if they received it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Marriott has no record of ROFR request. With that, I decided to cut it. I left negative eBay feedback on the Ko Olina timeshare. In a couple of hours, I received an unpaid item claim from eBay and my negative feedback was removed.

That is despite the fact that I paid with Amex in December and the seller previously marked the eBay item as paid.

I called eBay and they refuse to do anything. They said since I did not pay via eBay, they have no record of payment, eBay does not want to see any proof of payment from me.

eBay told me that my negative feedback will not be reinstated.

Unbelievable.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The exact thing happened to me with these sellers years ago. Sellers can easily manipulate their reviews, and eBay doesn't care. I even sent eBay the police reports, and the seller just changed their eBay ID.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott has no record of ROFR request. With that, I decided to cut it. I left negative eBay feedback on the Ko Olina timeshare. In a couple of hours, I received an unpaid item claim from eBay and my negative feedback was removed.

That is despite the fact that I paid with Amex in December and the seller previously marked the eBay item as paid.

I called eBay and they refuse to do anything. They said since I did not pay via eBay, they have no record of payment, eBay does not want to see any proof of payment from me.

Unbelievable.
It keeps happening because ebay is allowing it to happen. They took the word of the seller who committed fraud. This is so unfair not only to buyers but to the legitimate sellers that are trustworthy.

At least you know now and can dispute with your credit card company.

I personally would send a certified letter to ebay corporate telling them they are allowing fraud to happen and how they they handled your problem poorly.

Yearofthebee

Reaction score
I dodged a bullet on this one last week for the Ko’olina unit as well with the same seller tra3213. I made the mistake of bidding first and asking questions later on a too good to be true deal. After bidding $2k thinking EBay would have my back if something went wrong, I found that EBay has no purchase protection at all for timeshares, which was a surprise after using EBay since they started.

I guess what gave me initial comfort was there was no negative feedback and I saw numerous closed auctions going back well into 2018, but now I see how that is possible with EBay aiding the scammers, just incredible that they would remove that feedback.

I feel bad for the other two bidders who fought the price up to 2550 in the last seconds of the auction, but I was also relieved I didn’t end up with the hassle for something I can’t imagine would pass rofr anyway. Well no more EBay for me, at least for real estate.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I dodged a bullet on this one last week for the Ko’olina unit as well with the same seller tra3213. I made the mistake of bidding first and asking questions later on a too good to be true deal. After bidding $2k thinking EBay would have my back if something went wrong, I found that EBay has no purchase protection at all for timeshares, which was a surprise after using EBay since they started.

I guess what gave me initial comfort was there was no negative feedback and I saw numerous closed auctions going back well into 2018, but now I see how that is possible with EBay aiding the scammers, just incredible that they would remove that feedback.

I feel bad for the other two bidders who fought the price up to 2550 in the last seconds of the auction, but I was also relieved I didn’t end up with the hassle for something I can’t imagine would pass rofr anyway. Well no more EBay for me, at least for real estate.
There are reputable sellers of timeshares on ebay. If you see something that interests you search here on tug for feedback and if you can’t find anything post it.

helen243

TUG Member
Reaction score

Unbelievable.

helen243

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hi I think I am in the same boat and about to put in request for refund from AMEX - I also paid in December - did AMEX reverse your charge?

I've been talking Josh and Jessica..lots of assurance but nothing concrete.

Helen

helen243

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure I posted correctly. Did AMEX reverse the charge. I am having identical issues with the same EBAY seller.

helen243

TUG Member
Reaction score

Unbelievable.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also won an ebay auction from tra123. Now going through BBB to try to get a refund... UGH!!!!! tra123 no longer has anything for sale on ebay. They have 4 recent negative feedback entries. One big problem with ebay is that you can't give feedback after 60 days, and timeshare usually take much longer than that... Lessons learned... Hoping to get my money back.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also won an ebay auction from tra123. Now going through BBB to try to get a refund... UGH!!!!! tra123 no longer has anything for sale on ebay. They have 4 recent negative feedback entries. One big problem with ebay is that you can't give feedback after 60 days, and timeshare usually take much longer than that... Lessons learned... Hoping to get my money back.

If you used the U.S. Mail to conduct any of this transaction you should contact the United States Postal Inspection Service.

Using the mail system to conduct transactions like this are considered "Mail Fraud" and carry Federal penalties (much tougher than state charges).

Some metal bracelets may convince them to refund your money. It won't be cheerfully :crash:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I saw another listing by them - a 3br platinum Grande Vista, I immediately thought it must be the same scammer. How do you know it’s the same person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Same item they listed many times before, same wording, same terms (minus Amex), same feedback pattern, Tennessee.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Yes, they frequently lis Newport Coast. Now they are eliminating Amex so the buyer has no recourse!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here they are again, now under travel4you5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marriott-N...inum-Season-California-Timeshare/352638766168

Could you please click that link above, then click Report Item / Listing Practices / Suspect Fraudulent Listing

I just did, but eBay will do nothing if it's just one report. I hope a lot of tuggers report them to eBay, then they could be shut down quickly.
They have 3 listings up now, with one closing in 17 hours. These guys are awful. How do we make sure eBay works to stop these fraudulent sellers??

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have 3 listings up now, with one closing in 17 hours. These guys are awful. How do we make sure eBay works to stop these fraudulent sellers??

Good luck with that! I wish something could be done but eBay's pockets grow larger by letting many of these businesses continue to operate thru their platform.

eBay needs to seriously question why a company keeps changing their name; it's sort of a giveaway.

NMSikes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
So, I'm new to all this. Jumped in before I was ready and won an Evay auction from tra3212. World mark points for $1800. Paid by electronic check, while thinking "Geez, I'd think a professional outfit would have better stationary on their communications and forms." DUH! Joshua at KBTravel quickly handed me off to "Jessica" at TS Title. But my check was electronically made out to VP Title, endorsed by "Kelly Williams". I'm afraid that's $1800 - Down the drain!

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I'm new to all this. Jumped in before I was ready and won an Evay auction from tra3212. World mark points for $1800. Paid by electronic check, while thinking "Geez, I'd think a professional outfit would have better stationary on their communications and forms." DUH! Joshua at KBTravel quickly handed me off to "Jessica" at TS Title. But my check was electronically made out to VP Title, endorsed by "Kelly Williams". I'm afraid that's $1800 - Down the drain!
Don't give up!!! Post to Better Business Bureau. You may be able to get your money back.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
An update... "Josh" from BK Assets doesn't email back. VP Title doesn't answer their phones. Bank won't fight echecks. Still waiting for response from BBB. I would advise anyone who is dealing with either of these groups to file with BBB. Here is a link for VP Title's BBB claims. https://www.bbb.org/us/tn/pigeon-fo...ransfer/vp-title-llc-0533-90018552/complaints.

Good luck everyone who has dealt with either of these groups. I'm still hoping to receive my money back...

NMSikes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
From the Seiverville PD:

"My name is Ray Brown and I am the Lieutenant of the Sevierville Police Departments Criminal Investigation Division. I am very familiar with the companies you mentioned in your email to Chief Manning. The owner of these businesses is currently under criminal indictment for Theft regarding timeshare issues from his company.

At this point, he has retained a lawyer and I do not expect him to pay anyone what he owes. My suggestion to you is for you to forwarded me all your correspondence with these companies and their employees. Please include any contracts you have signed showing a total price. I will follow up with you regarding the way you paid this company and we can show a paper trail of your funds being sent to his company and that there was no refund sent back to you.

We receive complaints on this company monthly so we are preparing another round of indictments for additional victims. We hope to have these indicements ready for the June grand jury. Please forward me the requested information along with your drier license state and number (so I can add you as a victim) and we will begin the process of securing an indictment on your behalf.

Also, this company is actually in the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction but the Sevierville Police Department is handling the case at this time. If that changes at any point, which I do not believe it will, I will inform you of that contact.

Detective Lieutenant Ray Brown
Sevierville Police Department
Criminal Investigations Division
300 Gary Wade Boulevard
Sevierville, TN 37862
office]865-868-1749
fax 865-868-1734

cid:image001.png@01D4F9E3.E12F68A0

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Seiverville PD:

"My name is Ray Brown and I am the Lieutenant of the Sevierville Police Departments Criminal Investigation Division. I am very familiar with the companies you mentioned in your email to Chief Manning. The owner of these businesses is currently under criminal indictment for Theft regarding timeshare issues from his company.

At this point, he has retained a lawyer and I do not expect him to pay anyone what he owes. My suggestion to you is for you to forwarded me all your correspondence with these companies and their employees. Please include any contracts you have signed showing a total price. I will follow up with you regarding the way you paid this company and we can show a paper trail of your funds being sent to his company and that there was no refund sent back to you.

We receive complaints on this company monthly so we are preparing another round of indictments for additional victims. We hope to have these indicements ready for the June grand jury. Please forward me the requested information along with your drier license state and number (so I can add you as a victim) and we will begin the process of securing an indictment on your behalf.

Also, this company is actually in the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction but the Sevierville Police Department is handling the case at this time. If that changes at any point, which I do not believe it will, I will inform you of that contact.

Detective Lieutenant Ray Brown
Sevierville Police Department
Criminal Investigations Division
300 Gary Wade Boulevard
Sevierville, TN 37862
office]865-868-1749
fax 865-868-1734

cid:image001.png@01D4F9E3.E12F68A0

Detective Brown;

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this for all to read.