• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two new Interval A/Cs dropped in account.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I call if the GOF effect, the older we get the easier it becomes to complain about every little thing. GOF - grumpy old fart.

I got my 2 also, for a unit I no longer own that Interval would love me to deposit apparently. :)

I just used one in December so I needed a resupply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We need to write a paper for a journal!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Yay I found a cert in my account too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We found a certificate in our account today. Nothing of interest found.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Yeah, the freebies are extremely limited..... Good thing I like Branson and it's close to me/the closest resort area to me. Freaking Midwest=middle of everything and nothing......

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Yeah, the freebies are extremely limited..... Good thing I like Branson and it's close to me/the closest resort area to me. Freaking Midwest=middle of everything and nothing......

Flyover country. My wife wants to go to that place you can dig for gems, is that close to Branson? I’ll have to grab a week near there to take her.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Flyover country. My wife wants to go to that place you can dig for gems, is that close to Branson? I’ll have to grab a week near there to take her.

You would think after she found you, she wouldn't need to do that anymore!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
You would think after she found you, she wouldn't need to do that anymore!
^ hahahaha! Are you talking about serious prospecting or Silver Dollar City? Silver Dollar City is right outside of Branson and is actually pretty awesome.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Flyover country. My wife wants to go to that place you can dig for gems, is that close to Branson? I’ll have to grab a week near there to take her...

Crater of Diamonds is great fun! We took our nephews there, and had a blast digging in the dirt and sluicing the mud in our hunt for a big diamond for their mom! We think we found a small one, but dropped it and lost it in the mud again. A week after we were there, a kid found a record setting diamond!

Instead of staying in Branson, best to stay in one of the many timeshares around Hot Springs, Arkansas. From there, it's about an hour drive down to Crater of Diamonds State Park.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Crater of Diamonds is great fun! We took our nephews there, and had a blast digging in the dirt and sluicing the mud in our hunt for a big diamond for their mom! We think we found a small one, but dropped it and lost it in the mud again. A week after we were there, a kid found a record setting diamond!

Instead of staying in Branson, best to stay in one of the many timeshares around Hot Springs, Arkansas. From there, it's about an hour drive down to Crater of Diamonds State Park.

Perfect! thanks for the tip on location to stay.

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the inventory seen by ACs change over time? Some of the posts on this thread seem to say this. Do the available locations change over time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Yes I believe they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Does the inventory seen by ACs change over time? Some of the posts on this thread seem to say this. Do the available locations change over time?

Generally new units are added JIT into the current month, or following one depending upon when we are in the month. IMO the better stuff farther out in time is available when the AC first appears.​

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

[/QUOTE]
Since you are a TUG member, you can access the sightings board. There is a thread there that lists nice sightings using an AC.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

They are associated with a grid that shows locations and months they are offered. I find this grid is spot on for AC inventory that is further out. LM weeks do tend to pop up that fall outside of the grid.

To see grid: my units; go to ACs, click on the certificate number, click on grid tab

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

They are associated with a grid that shows locations and months they are offered. I find this grid is spot on for AC inventory that is further out. LM weeks do tend to pop up that fall outside of the grid.

To see grid: my units; go to ACs, click on the certificate number, click on grid tab[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Grid is VERY helpful as I was struggling to see what's available at a glance. (Tuggers are the best!) I have 2 certs expiring on the same date in July. Does the resort availability differ between certs? or do I need to check each one separately?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts

To see grid: my units; go to ACs, click on the certificate number, click on grid tab

Thanks for the tip. Grid is VERY helpful as I was struggling to see what's available at a glance. (Tuggers are the best!) I have 2 certs expiring on the same date in July. Does the resort availability differ between certs? or do I need to check each one separately?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you got the same ACs the rest of us did. They have the same availability. I'm hoping to use two at the same resort this spring for a family trip. So I've done the hard check on this already lol

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 certs expiring on the same date in July. Does the resort availability differ between certs? or do I need to check each one separately?

You should check each separately - the two that were recently dropped into the account definitely have differences. Looking at those 2 for May available units right now:
1 has 7 locations offered and a cost of $229 to redeem
The other has 7 locations offered and a cost of $299 to redeem

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
mdurette is right. I have one with a redemption cost of $229 and the other, with more options is $299. The $229 has 8 options in April, the $299 one has 35. I was just looking at Branson..... and in that location its, 9 resorts available vs 19. I've also noticed that since these ACs dropped, the availability has changed a bit, especially in regards to what's available in the near future.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Ok I'm admitting my ignorance here. But I don't see a $229 or $299 cost for an A/C. I've never used one so does the cost show up when you select someplace? I've booked my first Getaway and the prices are listed for those. I saw something about giving the A/C to someone else and a $69 fee for that. I have two in my account currently. I read someone had 5 in their account. Not sure how these are divvied out.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm admitting my ignorance here. But I don't see a $229 or $299 cost for an A/C. I've never used one so does the cost show up when you select someplace?

right. you select the AC "unit" and find a location in a month that they offer availability. Once you select the villa that you want (assuming you can find something), you just go through the process to find out how much it would cost. So long as you back out before completing/confirming the payment process, there is no charge.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $299 one has been extended to the end of Sept.

Edit: Interesting - others are reporting all of their freebies have extended to Sept. I only had one. What about the rest of you?

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have two that still expire July 7th. A new one just appeared good until Oct 6th.

My membership expires in June, I have an offer letter that will give me another freebie if I re-up for 3 years with a $45 discount.

I’m going right down to the wire but will pay up before it expires June 20th. Right now it wont let me confirm an AC past that date.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I have two that still expire July 7th. A new one just appeared good until Oct 6th.

My membership expires in June, I have an offer letter that will give me another freebie if I re-up for 3 years with a $45 discount.

I’m going right down to the wire but will pay up before it expires June 20th. Right now it wont let me confirm an AC past that date.

I got a new one as well. Kinda booked up for the year but one never knows when I'll pull the trigger on something else.