• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WahooWah

Reaction score
Marriott exercised ROFR on a 3BR Fixed week 48 unit 3206 in the Lahaina Tower at the Maui Ocean Club for $52,000.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Marriott exercised ROFR on a 3BR Fixed week 48 unit 3206 in the Lahaina Tower at the Maui Ocean Club for $52,000.

Looks like that is over $5/pt. The Marriott algorithm must add more value for Maui and 3BR.

My only reaction is WOW! And a week 48 at that. Not a super high demand week either - first week of December. Would never have thought they would have paid that.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately ROFR is starting actually set a high floor for more and more weeks.
I guess that may depend on whether you are buying or selling...?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
That is amazing -- we've talked about the days when Marriott ROFRs the highest quality weeks, irrespective of price. This appears to be the situation -- I would think it will reverse when the economy softens, but that is stunning to see. Thanks for posting this.

Best,

Greg

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Well, I'm feeling pretty darn good about my WKORV OFD right about now.

Never could get my mind around the cost of a 2 or 3 br MM1 OF

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Marriott exercised its ROFR on my attempted purchase of an OceanWatch Platinum-plus (July 4) ocean view week at $10k.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Marriott exercised its ROFR on my attempted purchase of an OceanWatch Platinum-plus (July 4) ocean view week at $10k.

So 3950 point value to Marriott equates to $2.53/point.

Don't forget to post to ROFR.net.

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
So 3950 point value to Marriott equates to $2.53/point.

Don't forget to post to ROFR.net.
It was worth a try... I didn't realize how good I had it back 2017 when I first started buying MVC and had several slide through ROFR in the $0.80-$2/point range.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year, I purchased a Timber Lodge ski week for $4200. Ski weeks there get 4325 DC points (but of course, it's not enrolled...) I was also able to purchase a 3 BR Grand Chateau for $3200 including current year's use. Those units get 4625 DC points (again, not enrolled...). Glad I purchased last year. (Some people say the Grand Chateau weeks are least likely to get ROFRed because so many weeks are already in the DC.) It surprises me that the Timber Lodge Summer weeks only get 3300 points, when the ski weeks get 4325 points. I thought Lake Tahoe was at least as busy during summer as during ski season... Would be cool if Marriott ever had a reasonable cost method for bringing weeks into the DC...

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch

Tried again, this time at $11k for another OceanWatch Platinum-plus (July 4) ocean view week. This time it was successful, Marriott just notified they are waiving their ROFR.

In both instances, Marriott's ROFR response time was less than a week from the date I signed the contract.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Tried again, this time at $11k for another OceanWatch Platinum-plus (July 4) ocean view week. This time it was successful, Marriott just notified they are waiving their ROFR.

In both instances, Marriott's ROFR response time was less than a week from the date I signed the contract.
I'm glad this went through -- this is a high quality week and it's good to see that Marriott isn't buying all of them. Congrats and enjoy your week!

Best,

Greg

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club - 1 Bdrm, Platinum Season

Does anyone have any insights in regards to minimum $ threshold for ROFR waiving/passing for Marriott Aruba O/C, 1 bedroom, ocean view, platinum season?

I am not seeing any recent updates in the ROFR DB for this property.

Thx.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Broker received ROFR waiver on first one today. Hope to slip the second one in past the goalie. Will record on rofr.net once the transfer is complete.

Kick save and a beaut. :)

Marriott exercised ROFR for 2 BR Gold Grande Vista @ $516 all-in, including 2019 usage.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
After Marriott took the Maui Napili 3BR OF November fixed week at $54K, I thought I’d throw this out as another data point:

- Marriott Napili 3BR, fixed weeks 4-5, 5th floor I believe, listed at $55K each, $110K, buyer took both at around $120K to mitigate risk of ROFR.

For comps on the beach, a Hyatt 2BR OF, floors 5-8, Fixed Week 5 or 6, just sold for $65K. The other is still available. :)

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Just a couple of updates, from mulitple broker discussions...

Marriott Maui 2BR OF Floating Old Towers Passed at $25K last week
Marriott Maui 2BR OF Fixed Week 34 Lahaina Tower passed at $34K last summer, after we started seeing Marriott spend more money on ROFR.

The other Hyatt week mentioned above has also been sold. No price info, but given seller's situation, expect it was around $65K.

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Marriott Grande Vista 2BR lockoff gold season passed at $500.

Vacation fun

Reaction score
That’s great !!! Wondering if Marriott is slowing down on doing ROFR like they aggressively had been doing since they spent so much for the purchase of II, Hyatt and Weston just recently.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
There's another entry in ROFR.net that Marriott exercised on MGV platinum 2BR annual @ $1975, so they're still awake over there. The gold season week I just bought doesn't hold the same value renting, trading, etc., but it works for our purposes.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Kick save and a beaut. :)

Marriott exercised ROFR for 2 BR Gold Grande Vista @ $516 all-in, including 2019 usage.

And I'm not sure on how this one was presented to Marriott - I bought it for a dollar on eBay but I had to pay closing costs. The broker may have submitted it as $1.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Sorry, edited to clarify. The float was the old towers and the fixed was in Lahaina.
That makes sense. The old towers go for less than Napili/Lahaina. They exercised on me on Jan 10 at $29k in the new towers, 2BR OF float.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
That makes sense. The old towers go for less than Napili/Lahaina. They exercised on me on Jan 10 at $29k in the new towers, 2BR OF float.
I saw that, seemed to work out to right below $4/point..which would have been $29,900. I wonder how close that was.

It's the $54K 3BR Lahaina ROFR at $54K that is skewing the curve. Was it a 3BR that was the kicker for them, as that was just over $5/point, or is there a Maui factor built-in to their decision. Seems like it would be a pure points decision on Marriott's part, though I guess percent of a resort's weeks in the Trust must also play into it. Wish we had a recent Lahaina/Napili 2BR sale in the 30s to see what happened.