• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Jack0123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmount BC
We phoned the Calgary office three weeks ago, they were very polite until they found out we were delinquent owners, we questioned the 5% interest as we are pre 2003, we were told to contact customer care via email and the would be in touch, almost for weeks later and no response to date, not sure if we should follow up or let sleeping dogs lie, have not paid them any money since 2013

Spark1

Reaction score
Every one should Google Federal Corporation information-618114-7-Online Filing Centre-Corporations Canada-Corporations-Innovation,Science and Economic Development Canada
Go to Corporate History
Corporate Name History
2004-01-13 to 2006-03-02. Sunchaser Resorts INC.
2006-03-03 to present. SUNCHASER RESORTS (CANADA) INC.
You have to ask did the Judges Know Collin Knight had these Sunchaser Resort Offshore Accounts.
Did the Judges Know what Resorts in Canada they are talking about?
Did the Judges Know Collin Knight was replaced as director of this Offshore Account on the day Fairmont declared bankruptcy March,2009 by Murray Moore?
Did the Judges Know that Murray Moore was replaced as director by Patrick Fitzsimonds on-07-JUL-201 when Northwynd was created?
Would the Judges ruled against us Knowing This? Or did they Know and felt that we would never find this information?
Every one should take this information to the RCMP or your Politician and show them what a scam this is. I feel we have to get rid of this useless NDP government And Trudeau Government and find out what now with the new governments. Richard Gotfried is receiving all this information. It would be nice to hear from others what we should do now that we know how we all were scammed.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Every one should Google Federal Corporation information-618114-7-Online Filing Centre-Corporations Canada-Corporations-Innovation,Science and Economic Development Canada
Go to Corporate History - Corporate Name History. - 2004-01-13 to 2006-03-02. Sunchaser Resorts INC. .........

Every one should take this information to the RCMP or your Politician and show them what a scam this is. I feel we have to get rid of this useless NDP government And Trudeau Government and find out what now with the new governments. Richard Gotfried is receiving all this information. It would be nice to hear from others what we should do now that we know how we all were scammed.

i hope you are able to get a response .
Good Luck .

Jack0123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmount BC
I received an email a few weeks ago saying Thought I’d let you know I received my invoiced calculated at 26.825% interest. Said I needed to call the resort for the new adjusted rate. Why did it take so long to tell the time Lease owners that 5% number and why so long for the appeal. Interest compounding at 26.825% and Geldert and Wankel’s Threat of 162%. Northmont should have to pay that money they extorted from Lease owners back with interest. Because of the planned bankruptcy you are paying money for something that has no value. This timeshare has as much value as what the promissory note that Wankel sent to the bond holders, it was Zero. The bond holders have now filed a second class suit against the Scammers. Talk to Richard Gotfried and ask him is there any way to sue these crooks using a independent Judge that is not connected with this scam. Every appeal is res judicata. Why waste your money. If Northmont is charging this kind of money the value has to be there. Take that value and use it to get a loan from the bank and see what happens. Justice Romaine allowing this bankruptcy and she is an Alberta Judge automatically means this is a Service Alberta Case therefore they are responsible for the Consumer Protection ACT. There was no protection from this NDP Service Alberta. Tell them to pay for something that is worthless. Take this to your Ombudsman in each province it would be safer than going in front of these one sidedjudges. When the judge ruled on the appeal this is where it ended as far as I am concerned. That judge felt that $6000.00 plus maintenance fees was ridiculous to expect from time Lease owners and here the Judges are letting the extorters To take millions from many that can not even afford their monthly bills. I believe these judges are part of this. Geldert is a back stabber. Say what you want but what i see is this was all planned by him and Wankel. Nov03/2017 he sends me the this MLT AIKINS this 9 page $38000.00 document. This was the document he said he would be using to get Northmont to the table. It totally was all about The illegal Unilateral Amendments and modification of our contracts. It also talked about the trustees investigatory Authority, Northmont’s Liability for operating costs,conditions Precedent to action by Corporation/Trustee, the Trustee Must Excercise its Direction to Investigate Northmont,s Request and the Petition Proccding. This was done by a very good lawyer which Geldert told me was his friend. WHY Did they not use this document to get Wankel to the table. Why did Geldert Lie to me and tell me he got them to the table and now they are going to have to pay the 25.4 Million they owe the resort for maintenance of buildings they took over because of cancellations. He also told me they will not be able to remove buildings out of the timeshare and this will bankrupted them. What is Wankel paying Geldert and why did Geldert and David Wotherspoon not use the MLT AIKINS document?

Jack0123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmount BC
I call the Calgary office four weeks ago regarding the 5% interest and was told to contact Customer Care via email and to date have not had any response.

servemeout

Reaction score
Here is the link advertising the sale of "condo units" which was part of Sunchaser timeshares. http://www.ownmountainview.ca/ Interesting to note the difference in the reno amount and what will be done. The initial RPF amount was for all of the resort to be renovated, which was never done and according to this web site will not be done until the units are sold. Also interesting to note that the 5% interesting rate ruling has not been posted to the Sunchaser web site. Hillside units are for sale again, so much for the 40 year lease. Where did the judges have their heads?

Spark1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since my last post but like a lot of you I am watching in the background hoping some good will come our way.

Some of us who have been affected by Geldert's deceit have now filed their own claims against him but of special interest is that Geldert has just replied to these claims and both the claim and associated reply are available to view / download on the BC Court website https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/civil/searchPartyResult.do?serviceId=50617112 for a small fee (to do the search put in last name "Geldert" and initial "M").

This is what you should see after you put in the search criteria:
View attachment 10307

I paid $12 to view and download one of the Claims which gives a bit of insight as to what Geldert thinks he provided as value added services to us, which in my opinion, there is a lot of failings based on what he says he provided versus what we received especially surrounding the final negotiation with Northwynd that truly failed us all even those that were effectively forced removed by Geldert to fend for themselves.

What I find most interesting in the reply is that there are actual disclosures of settlement amounts made by Geldert - the Claimant was very careful not to specify specific amounts as to not put them in breach of the confidentiality clause but at least to a layman like me Geldert has not given the same consideration to the confidentiality terms which I believe may constitute a breach of the actual settlement agreement.

Now another thing that appears to aggravate matters as part of the great negotiated settlement was the 27% interest penalty incorporated against all of us who were forced into the settlement but there are a number of people who were forced into their settlements or into a consent judgement with pre-2004 contracts that now have more reason to make a Claim against Geldert. The statuary rate of the Interest Act rate is 5% for these contracts as ruled on by the courts in Dec 2018 - this also means if there are people out there who have yet to settle with a pre-2004 contract they need to ensure to immediately reduce their penalty amount and negotiations should start at the proper amount after interest adjustments, not an inflated interest amount.

Attached is the Interest Act ruling for those that don't have a copy.
Are there Albertan’s in this group? And is there Albertan’s that are going after the 5%. I know of some lease owners that would like to take Geldert to court or maybe join the B.C. Lease owners. Keep in mind that Wankel put every one in default 2 years before the trustee petitioned the Supreme Court and also they started the extortion in 2013 of 26.825% from day one April30/2013 therefore if you feel you should pay I do not but if you do I would not allow them to charge any interest because you knew the Interest was much less and they extorted right away in 2013. I still have not seen Freedom To Choose in my Contract or the Northwynd Cancellation Agreement. They will not accept the Default Clause item number 13 when it comes to cancellation why should we accept something that is not in our contract. Please let me know if there is a case started in Alberta and a contact they can talk to.
Look up The Free Dictionary By Farlex. And go down the page and you will see on the left side of page Mention In. Click on Gag Order. Geldert has no right to do a gag order against you and he is abusing your rights, do not allow him to do this. It shows just government and a Judge can do this not a lawyer. He was a bill collector not a lawyer also block billing is not legal. Fight for your rights.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

J's Garage

Reaction score
I hope more of those affected can post reviews

Yes, Weren't these reviews a riot. "Most law firms make things so complicated and expensive that you end up worse off than when you started. Mr. Geldert always provides humble, honest & accurate services." & "One of the most hard working, straight forward professionals in the game. He's a straight shooter and won't lead you to believe anything but the truth of the situation. Extremely reliable and fair. Incredibly knowledgable(sic) and encouraging. Overall, amazing lawyer. I have had nothing but great experiences with him time after time and will ALWAYS use and recommend him."

A bunch of damn liars anyway

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes, "Overall, amazing lawyer. I have had nothing but great experiences with him time after time and will ALWAYS use and recommend him."

Yes an amazing lawyer - like the Amazing Kreskin - made thing$ disappear / your money .

Looks like a family & friends forum for posts - surprised he has those .
Perhaps like twitter - you can buy “followers”.

Last edited:

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Thanks for the valuable info UB!
Has anyone heard anything more about the BC Law Society looking into MG? Also, because I am several months out of the loop...does anyone know if people are taking MG to small claims for the over 5% (eg. paid 27%, but should have paid 5%) interest, for all the interest we paid as he was primarily responsible for our having to pay $10,000 ish to the Wankster, for legal fees we paid for poor counsel or for the whole nine yards??

Spark1

Reaction score
Thanks for the valuable info UB!
Has anyone heard anything more about the BC Law Society looking into MG? Also, because I am several months out of the loop...does anyone know if people are taking MG to small claims for the over 5% (eg. paid 27%, but should have paid 5%) interest, for all the interest we paid as he was primarily responsible for our having to pay $10,000 ish to the Wankster, for legal fees we paid for poor counsel or for the whole nine yards??
What I can not believe is many do not express their feelings about Collin Knight having bank accounts ser up over seas. If you look at that document you will see the change of the director on the day they Bankrupted FRPL and the change of director the day Northwynd was created. So Sunchaser Resorts(Canada)INC was in place from 2006 to now. These people that run Northmont are the same people as FRPL. How can you go Bankrupted when you have offshore Accounts and how can FRPL have bond money left if they went bankrupted.
Check page 217 item 5420 and you will see who is suing Geldert.

J's Garage

Reaction score
Well from the bankruptcy documents. "FRP was incorporated on February 9, 1979 in the Province of Alberta and is currently carrying business in the Provinces of Alberta and British Columbia."

Outside Service Alberta's jurisdiction... yeah BS

Spark1

Reaction score
Where exactly are the overseas bank accounts set up?
Use your little finger and you will see the little arrow on this page numbered 1 to 2018. Push on that arrow between 1 and 213 until you get to page 96 of this forum. Now look for Punters post No. 2377 which will be http://Offshoreleaks.icijorg/nodes/101722595 click on this. It will show Offshore Leaks Database at the top and on the bottom page it will show the directors from 09-July-2003 to 31-March-2009. These dates are important Murray Moore replaced Collin Knight the director on 31-March-2009. This date is the day FRPL went Bankrupted. The other important Date is 07-JUL-2010 Murray Moore was replaced by PATRICK J FITZSIMONDS ,this date is when Northwynd was created.
To find Sunchaser Resorts (Canada)INC all you have to do is Google this. Federal Corporation Information-618114-7. And you will bring up 4 pages pertaining to these accounts. You will see
Sunchaser Resorts INC was Amended to the new corporate name 2006-03-03 Sunchaser Resorts (Canada) INC. Justice Romaine gave the resort to people that already had accounts set up for this great gift.

Real World

Reaction score
Use your little finger and you will see the little arrow on this page numbered 1 to 2018. Push on that arrow between 1 and 213 until you get to page 96 of this forum. Now look for Punters post No. 2377 which will be http://Offshoreleaks.icijorg/nodes/101722595 click on this. It will show Offshore Leaks Database at the top and on the bottom page it will show the directors from 09-July-2003 to 31-March-2009. These dates are important Murray Moore replaced Collin Knight the director on 31-March-2009. This date is the day FRPL went Bankrupted. The other important Date is 07-JUL-2010 Murray Moore was replaced by PATRICK J FITZSIMONDS ,this date is when Northwynd was created.
To find Sunchaser Resorts (Canada)INC all you have to do is Google this. Federal Corporation Information-618114-7. And you will bring up 4 pages pertaining to these accounts. You will see
Sunchaser Resorts INC was Amended to the new corporate name 2006-03-03 Sunchaser Resorts (Canada) INC. Justice Romaine gave the resort to people that already had accounts set up for this great gift.

After carefully reading your post it is apparent that you don't know where the overseas bank accounts are set up or even if they exist.

Directors are added and deleted from corporations and their recorded business addresses have nothing to do with bank accounts.

Corporations are created and dissolved and their recorded business addresses have nothing to do with bank accounts.

Why don't you post where the overseas bank accounts are so everyone has this important information?

Spark1

Reaction score
After carefully reading your post it is apparent that you don't know where the overseas bank accounts are set up or even if they exist.

Directors are added and deleted from corporations and their recorded business addresses have nothing to do with bank accounts.

Corporations are created and dissolved and their recorded business addresses have nothing to do with bank accounts.

Why don't you post where the overseas bank accounts are so everyone has this important information?
Paradise Papers-Barbados corporate registry. I gave you the instructions how to download the documents so I see you know more about this than I do so now you can tell us whether this information can lead to bank accounts. Remember social media is our condo association and I welcome your input to this research. I can tell you Lee Merriman felt this was totally connected to FRPL because of the changing of directors on those two dates. Reading your post looks like you did not download these documents. This is why we post this information so we all can get involved. You brought up good information and hopefully you can find out why the changing of directors on those two dates that pertain to the date of the bankruptcy and the date Northwynd was created.

Real World

Reaction score
I agree 100% that we post information so we all can get involved.
The most important word in the preceding sentence is the word "information".
A common definition of "Information" is "Facts provided or learned about something or someone".
The facts you are providing relate to the registration of corporations and their directors in a foreign jurisdiction.
There are no facts provided related to bank accounts in a foreign jurisdiction so there is no information about bank accounts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they should make it clear that it is an opinion.

it is my opinion that passing off opinion as fact can be extremely dangerous.

Spark1

Reaction score
I agree 100% that we post information so we all can get involved.
The most important word in the preceding sentence is the word "information".
A common definition of "Information" is "Facts provided or learned about something or someone".
The facts you are providing relate to the registration of corporations and their directors in a foreign jurisdiction.
There are no facts provided related to bank accounts in a foreign jurisdiction so there is no information about bank accounts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they should make it clear that it is an opinion.

it is my opinion that passing off opinion as fact can be extremely dangerous.
Are you being [comment removed by moderator] I gave you all the information needed to search this material. This can be connected to this bankruptcy of FRPL. It can envolve bank accounts and tax invasion. [Comments removed by moderator]

MOD NOTE: Play nice people. We can disagree without profanity or making things personal. This goes to all parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spark1

Reaction score
Are you being [comment removed by moderator] I gave you all the information needed to search this material. This can be connected to this bankruptcy of FRPL. It can envolve bank accounts and tax invasion. [Comments removed by moderator]

MOD NOTE: Play nice people. We can disagree without profanity or making things personal. This goes to all parties.
This is my last Post.