• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great deal on stay at West57

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've done all but a couple of these, and I recommend all of these. The most important thing I saw in here was about the L-train shutdown (hadn't heard about this before). This goes right to one of our favorite brewpubs in Brooklyn, This is catastrophic!

Cheers.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
From Penn Station, take 1 to Columbus Circle (59th and 8th), AC to Columbus Circle or E to53rd and 7th. All short walks to W. 57th.

Cheers.

Thanks. So I might try it to be different. In either case, I end up on the subway, which I don't mind.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Here at W57. From EWR took NJRR to Penn station and walked directly to the subway 1,2,or 3 line one station to Times Square then the R line 2 stations to West 57 and 7th - a short walk down the block to W57th. Very fast

PSA: Note that the station at the other end of the block at W57 & 6th is closed for renovation until December so avoid that line for now.

Great to be back in the Big Apple! Love the vibe and energy here. Ate at a wonderful Thai restaurant on 56th right behind W57 last night called Topaz. So much to explore.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at W57. Took LIRR to Penn station and walked directly to the subway 1,2,or 3 line one station to Times Square then the R line 2 stations to West 57 and 7th - a short walk down the block to W57th. Very fast

PSA: Note that the station at the other end of the block at W57 & 6th is closed for renovation until December so do you dont want to take that line.

Great to be back in the Big Apple! Love the vibe and energy here. Ate at a wonderful Thai restaurant on 56th right behind W57 last night. So much to explore.

We usually just take one train and walk a bit, rather than changing at Times Square. I generally prefer to walk a bit over a train change when possible as these can be time sinks.

As to the 57th & 6th station - even when it is open, this is only the F train and is not accessible at either Penn Station or Times Square. Not good way to do that transfer.

What the F train (and this ideal train stop) is good for is arrival from LGA. They have an express bus from LGA to the Roosevelt Ave. Station. Then take the F (which is express in Queens) and like 4 stops) to 57th and 6th. This is the fastest option to W. 57th from any airport, generally.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Agree. Walking a block to avoid a train change is also a good option. One of the great things about NYC is that there are many transit options.

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here at W57. From EWR took NJRR to Penn station and walked directly to the subway 1,2,or 3 line one station to Times Square then the R line 2 stations to West 57 and 7th - a short walk down the block to W57th. Very fast

PSA: Note that the station at the other end of the block at W57 & 6th is closed for renovation until December so avoid that line for now.

Great to be back in the Big Apple! Love the vibe and energy here. Ate at a wonderful Thai restaurant on 56th right behind W57 last night. So much to explore.

There is a good Indian place on 56th called Bengal Tiger. I tried it when I was there in September. Small place, often crowded. I have a theater friend I met in NY in March, and she lives there and goes there often.

Are you seeing shows?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
No shows this trip. On business plus a little fun too. Looking forward to a show or two next spring. Will have to check out the Indian place too.

Staff is awesome here at W57. A manager was assisting us personally with room selection in advance of our visit and the front desk recognized us when we arrived with a warm welcome.

Looking into Elevated Rewards. They seem to have added some more casual and less expensive options and attractions for 15% off which is good. We used a few years ago at an expensive restaurant so I had the impression it was only applicable to "white tablecloth" dinners.

We also received the $150/night bounceback offer for a NYC trip next year. She said it was good for W57, HCNY and hotels, however the paperwork says "hotel room only" We'll see what the reservations reveal. I think it will only be for 2 ppl. room. Hope we can stay at HGVC and not a hotel room. $200 elevation rewards will come in handy for meals.

Last edited:

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually just take one train and walk a bit, rather than changing at Times Square. I generally prefer to walk a bit over a train change when possible as these can be time sinks.

As to the 57th & 6th station - even when it is open, this is only the F train and is not accessible at either Penn Station or Times Square. Not good way to do that transfer.

What the F train (and this ideal train stop) is good for is arrival from LGA. They have an express bus from LGA to the Roosevelt Ave. Station. Then take the F (which is express in Queens) and like 4 stops) to 57th and 6th. This is the fastest option to W. 57th from any airport, generally.

Cheers.

If you don’t mind walking a block at the front end - you can get the F one avenue west of penn station at 34 and 6 avenue.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don’t mind walking a block at the front end - you can get the F one avenue west of penn station at 34 and 6 avenue.

Yeah, I had thought of that, and it probably makes more sense than going to Columbus Circle...once the 57th and 6th station is open again :)

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just at W57 over the weekend and had a great time in NYC, as usual. My flight was early and I hopped on the AirTrain and E subway train to 7th and 53rd. I was meeting friends from Oregon, and we all ended up on the same AirTrain. What are the odds?! They arrived into Terminal 2 and I arrived into Terminal 7. Great timing! They were staying at the Courtyard Marriott, not too far away. We met for dinner at Trattoria Del'Arte on 7th at 57th (part of the Elevated Rewards discount program and one of my favorite places). I went to Whole Foods first for a few items and also to the Neil Simon Theatre to pick up our Cher Show tickets (fun and entertaining show, by the way!) before dinner. Everything is so close and convenient!

Weather was *super* cold and clear. I saw four other shows--The Jungle at St. Ann's Warehouse in Brooklyn (great), To Kill a Mockingbird at the Shubert (riveting and so well done), Waverly Gallery at the Golden (Elaine May broke my heart and deserves a Tony, she gives a must-see performance), and Lifespan of a Fact at Studio 54 (front row with Daniel Radcliffe right there! Great acting, somewhat tedious story, but done well).

I can't wait to go back. Love the W57 location, rooms, and staff. Debating whether I should dare try for the end of January/early February. I hear that the weather is awful. But there are so many shows I have to see...

Oh, I often eat at Astro Restaurant for breakfast and did not realize that they are part of Elevated Rewards, too! I could have been saving $2 earlier!

LindaJ

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just at W57 over the weekend and had a great time in NYC, as usual. My flight was early and I hopped on the AirTrain and E subway train to 7th and 53rd. I was meeting friends from Oregon, and we all ended up on the same AirTrain. What are the odds?! They arrived into Terminal 2 and I arrived into Terminal 7. Great timing! They were staying at the Courtyard Marriott, not too far away. We met for dinner at Trattoria Del'Arte on 7th at 57th (part of the Elevated Rewards discount program and one of my favorite places). I went to Whole Foods first for a few items and also to the Neil Simon Theatre to pick up our Cher Show tickets (fun and entertaining show, by the way!) before dinner. Everything is so close and convenient!
Oh, I often eat at Astro Restaurant for breakfast and did not realize that they are part of Elevated Rewards, too! I could have been saving $2 earlier!

Does anyone know what other places are offered on the Elevated Rewards program? Attending presentation on last full day and not sure we'll be able to take advantage of the elevated rewards program unless we can maje reservations in advance.

LindaJ

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Does anyone know what other places are offered on the Elevated Rewards program? Attending presentation on last full day and not sure we'll be able to take advantage of the elevated rewards program unless we can maje reservations in advance."

I meant "....make reservations in advance"

After I posted, I saw the list that CyberC made. It does not list Trattoria Del'Arte. Is that no longer available?

Also, if I'm unable to use the Elevated Rewards, may I give it to a friend who lives in New York so they can take advantage of it??

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trattoria Dell'Arte (sorry, I misspelled this earlier) was on the list in December. I also go to Oak & Steel and get a bottle of wine for the room if I think I will be having a couple of glasses during my stay. I have my list from my December visit if you want to compare to CyberC's (where is that?). I'll also be there this month. Can't wait. So many shows to see, so little time.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
82B47342-EFA1-473E-9C47-07D2D5BEACF8.jpeg

960986A6-E580-415D-9F20-0E5FCE3B10D1.jpeg
The card is only good during your stay.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
As an owner I never fully understood the ER program and discounts. However our next stay will have $200 ER and we look forward to using them. Thanks to TUGgers for bringing the value to my attention.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
A few years back we were staying at the Waldorf in mid-town and were approached about attending a presentation at W57, they gave us our ER card right away so we had time to use the different rewards.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of notes here:

1. The ER card (at least the one we have) is a hard plastic card and has no expiration date. It gives like 15% off at listed locations. They don't ask for any ID (I don't recall if the card has a date on it).
2. The ER dollars (usually $200 for a presentation) are more limited. We have had them last for about 1.5 months. Also, we went to get them as soon as we arrived even though our presentation wasn't for another day or two. This way, we could start using them.
3. The list website is listed below, and it does look a fair bit pared down from prior lists:

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/club-membership/hilton-club/elevated-rewards-new-york

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just emailed a new Elevated Rewards list and Trattoria Dell'Arte is still on there, FYI.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just emailed a new Elevated Rewards list and Trattoria Dell'Arte is still on there, FYI.

Which is interesting since it's not in the link I included, and one might expect that to be live and up-to-date. (Italian is too carby for us, so we'd probably not notice one way or the other, but I know that this place is popular with some).

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which is interesting since it's not in the link I included, and one might expect that to be live and up-to-date. (Italian is too carby for us, so we'd probably not notice one way or the other, but I know that this place is popular with some).

Cheers.

I actually like their antipasto bar--lots of great vegetables. I try to limit carbs, also, but their super thin crust pizza is amazing. I order it without cheese. Just sauce and all their vegetables. They also apparently have a great snapper dish which I may try this coming weekend, if I have time.

LindaJ

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
1. The ER card (at least the one we have) is a hard plastic card and has no expiration date. It gives like 15% off at listed locations. They don't ask for any ID (I don't recall if the card has a date on it).
2. The ER dollars (usually $200 for a presentation) are more limited. We have had them last for about 1.5 months. Also, we went to get them as soon as we arrived even though our presentation wasn't for another day or two. This way, we could start using them.

OK. My understanding is that I will get 200 Elevated Rewards Dollars. So, the ER dollars gives a person 15% off the bill and it's get subtracted from the card? I guess I need a lesson on how the program works. Thanks!

Thanks, Denise L.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. My understanding is that I will get 200 Elevated Rewards Dollars. So, the ER dollars gives a person 15% off the bill and it's get subtracted from the card? I guess I need a lesson on how the program works. Thanks!

Not quite. These are two separate things. The 200 ER dollars count directly against the bill (should not include tax, but sometimes they do). So, this is $200 off the bill at whichever places you go. The 15% ER card is separate. Can't be combined with the dollars, but 15% off just by showing the card.

Cheers.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Elevated Rewards card provides a 15% discount (usually). I have never had Elevated Rewards dollars, so I would assume you use those like a gift card for the bill once the discount is applied?

Just got back on Monday. I had a great time, as usual. Saw as many shows as I could see. Highly recommend Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish at Stage 42 (off-Broadway). The entire production is in Yiddish with English and Russian supertitles. At curtain call, the matchmaker (Jackie Hoffman) gave a nice speech to ask for donations for Broadway Cares, and she was hilarious when she said, "We know you have a choice when it comes to Yiddish musicals..." and thanked us for coming. This was the first show I "rushed" via the TodayTix app, and it was $37.50 and I was seated in center orchestra. Perfect seat.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the tip @Denise L. Your post is making me look forward to our next visit.

I just dug out our permanent plastic ER card that we received as owners several years ago (no one told us what it was for.) We will also receive ER Rewards this next visit because we are attending a presentation and hope to hear about the Quin.

I need to be more diligent about finding last minute tickets to shows. We usually plan to see a show in advance (we will finally see Hamilton on Broadway!) I also love walking around, people watching, going to a museum or attraction, and of course...eating NYC food! So don't plan too much.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Elevated Rewards card provides a 15% discount (usually). I have never had Elevated Rewards dollars, so I would assume you use those like a gift card for the bill once the discount is applied?

Yes. They are $25 demoninated "bills" and you just use them to pay the check. No cash back, so try to be as close to a multiple of $25 as possible at each place.

Just got back on Monday. I had a great time, as usual. Saw as many shows as I could see. Highly recommend Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish at Stage 42 (off-Broadway). The entire production is in Yiddish with English and Russian supertitles. At curtain call, the matchmaker (Jackie Hoffman) gave a nice speech to ask for donations for Broadway Cares, and she was hilarious when she said, "We know you have a choice when it comes to Yiddish musicals..." and thanked us for coming. This was the first show I "rushed" via the TodayTix app, and it was $37.50 and I was seated in center orchestra. Perfect seat.

Definitely shows! We use the Tkts booth, and the one at South Street Seaport has no line. We are seeing Harry Potter in April, and that has no discounts.

The next thing people should explore is Open House New York (ohny.org). Very well worth it!

Cheers.