• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flagged for no more points purchases

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
What the heck could prompt this?

I called in to make a developer purchase and I was told that they were not allowed to sell me points.

An aside: my sales rep has left Wyndham and I had a price lock

Today, I contacted Corporate Sales and they told me I was flagged, so I cannot buy anymore points. Sales person said my account is flagged "Non Personal Use" and to call Legal for reason. I didn't call.

Still can make reservations, but it is possible I will be audited. Were you Audited?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Non Personal Use? It sounds like Wyndham has you flagged as a renter. Do you do a lot of renting? Maybe Wyndham did you a favor. If you want more points you are forced to buy resell. They saved you a lot of money.

Then on the other hand, is blacklisting legal? Can a publicly traded company refuse someone service? If so under what grounds.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I wonder if I will get the cold shoulder when I go for my Shell update next year. Maybe they will let me give back my Shell points to avoid a scene? That would be cool.

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Non Personal Use? It sounds like Wyndham has you flagged as a renter. Do you do a lot of renting? Maybe Wyndham did you a favor. If you want more points you are forced to buy resell. They saved you a lot of money.

Then on the other hand, is blacklisting legal? Can a publicly traded company refuse someone service? If so under what grounds.

I have a current loan from Wyndham for a 20yr term to pay off a NYC developer purchase of 200,000 points.

I hope they let me rent to help pay off the loan.

I guess I will just wait and see what they do.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have a current loan from Wyndham for a 20yr term to pay off a NYC developer purchase of 200,000 points.

Yes you can rent. What you can't do is buy any more points directly from Wyndham at this time. You can however buy resale points.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you are going to rent, my advice is to look for high demand locations and high demand timeframes to maximize profits. Those will cost you more points, but you can charge more. Look for the older resorts because the points required are generally lower. Use Craigslist because it's free. If you pay to advertise the profits are lower. Study Craigslist to get a feel for pricing and locations. We're here to help so take advantage of our wealth of knowledge.

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to rent, my advice is to look for high demand locations and high demand timeframes to maximize profits. Those will cost you more points, but you can charge more. Look for the older resorts because the points required are generally lower. Use Craigslist because it's free. If you pay to advertise the profits are lower. Study Craigslist to get a feel for pricing and locations. We're here to help so take advantage of our wealth of knowledge.

Thank you for advice. I retire this year, so I will be using more of my points for personal use soon.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for advice. I retire this year, so I will be using more of my points for personal use soon.
That is the best use of point, personal use. Enjoy!

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you can rent. What you can't do is buy any more points directly from Wyndham at this time. You can however buy resale points.

I just got a call from Corp. sales from Vegas (702) number that they will be referring me to my Corp. Sales rep. In Redmond, WA.

Advised that sales rep will call me at 230pm PST today.

First a rep says I can't buy points, now they call me scheduling a sales call?

I wonder what will happen.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
That is odd... given that Redmond is where Worldmark is based out of. Maybe they are going to try to sell you WM credits, since you are barred from buying Wyndham points.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Didn't they shut down the Redmond WA Office last year?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just got a call from Corp. sales from Vegas (702) number that they will be referring me to my Corp. Sales rep. In Redmond, WA.

Advised that sales rep will call me at 230pm PST today.

First a rep says I can't buy points, now they call me scheduling a sales call?

I wonder what will happen.
Could be a scam. I get phone calls from 702 all of the time, and they are scams. You could have been giving this person way too much information to lead the call into something that it wasn't. Just saying.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham did or still does have telesales in Redmond WA. It’s a regional office with more than just telesales

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont believe so.... later this year if I remember correctly.

Just got a call back from 702 number and she said after review she saw " Not for personal use " , and said I couldn't buy from tele sales. But to try a Wyndham location sales. Also, she said that I could contact corporate "legal" to inquire about " Not for personal use " notation on my account.

Also, I won't be receiving call from Redmond, WA sales office, she advised.

My conclusions:

1) I won't call Wyndham corporate "legal" department.
2) I can continue to buy resale points.

Jmama9643

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am new to this group, and have been a Wyndham Owner for Many years, and have been on the Do Not Update list for at least 3 years now. I figured they put me on it because I had more points than I can use in a year, and some of them are resale, and I figured they knew I wouldn't be purchasing any more points from them at anywhere NEAR the retail price. Not sure why anyone would once they know they can purchase resale. Anyway, some the stuff you are talking about here is new to me, and I guess I didn't realize Wyndham was blocking people from purchasing more points. Not sure how they can block anyone from purchasing resale points though... Willing seller, willing buyer.? Or does this only pertain to buying from Wyndham directly? If so, who cares, they are WAY OVER PRICED!!!

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Jmama9643 wrote: "Not sure how they can block anyone from purchasing resale points though..."

That part is easy...get a certain number of contracts on your account (I believe it is 30, but someone will correct me if I am wrong) and even though you have done all the paperwork, "paid" for the resale (purchase, transfer fee, etc.), the deed was recorded, and then the painfully long 14-16 weeks of waiting, Wyndham informs you that they will not add the contract to your account...sucks, but it could happen...

Cheers!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jmama9643 wrote: "Not sure how they can block anyone from purchasing resale points though..."

That part is easy...get a certain number of contracts on your account (I believe it is 30, but someone will correct me if I am wrong) and even though you have done all the paperwork, "paid" for the resale (purchase, transfer fee, etc.), the deed was recorded, and then the painfully long 14-16 weeks of waiting, Wyndham informs you that they will not add the contract to your account...sucks, but it could happen...

Cheers!
Wyndham could always set you up with another account number. Nothing says you can't have more than one account number.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Wyndham could always set you up with another account number. Nothing says you can't have more than one account number.
Agreed...but that's assuming Wyndham wants to play nice...

Cheers!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed...but that's assuming Wyndham wants to play nice...

Cheers!
Wyndham is a for profit company so I don't think a second account will be an issue. It's all about the bottom line ($$$$). I use to have two account numbers until I downsized. I'm sure there are hundreds of owners who have more than one account number. Some even have several accounts.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham tried to put me in a second account after 10 contracts but then merged them together. They forced me into a second account at 40 contracts and would not merge (or give me Platinum benefits on the second account without more $).