• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many USA States have you visited? What's your Favorite?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Another thread got me to thinking about traveling inside the USA. I'm pleased to say that as an adult I've visited 44 of the 50 states, with only the extreme Northeast left to see. It's on my list.

My favorite place in the world to visit is Hawaii, for a hundred reasons, from the scenery and beaches, to the lovely people and deep cultural history. My second favorite place is Southern Utah, for the red rock country and amazing natural beauty of the area.

How many states have you visited, and which was your favorite?

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I have only been to 34 with no plans to visit others but not saying we won’t. Most of the ones we haven’t been to are in the east/northeast.

Our favorite is Hawaii, enough that we are going to retire there. Second would be Wyoming. I have been there a couple times hunting and it is a beautiful state. :thumbup:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only 37 States that I have stayed two (2) nights or more.... Maine to Florida on the East Coast.. the state of Washington to the tip of California on the West coast,
some Midwest States and some Deep South States.

My favorite states are Virginia, North & South Carolina and California.
I loved Virginia because we have the true four (4) seasons winter, fall, spring and summer.
“Virginia is for Lovers.”

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to all 50...most of which my parents drove through when I was a kid. If I had to count only the ones where I've spent the night, it would be far fewer. Too hard to think of any favorites, but I love the New England area during the fall. Also like Arizona and Colorado.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Another thread got me to thinking about traveling inside the USA. I'm pleased to say that as an adult I've visited 44 of the 50 states, with only the extreme Northeast left to see. It's on my list.

Dave
I've only been to 25 but my absolute favorite is Alaska. I did a ten day cruise there, and even as a pissed off 16 year old, I couldn't help but appreciate and be amazed by the beauty of it.
I went on a rock climbing excursion without my family, just some strangers, and I'll never forget being on the side of a mountain, overlooking a small harbor town, possibly Yakutat, with a Royal blue and gold Alaskan railways train chugging along the opposite mountainside, the icey white-blue water that only exists up there, and the glaciers marching into the bay..... majestic.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have driven through them all because we moved every 2-3 years over a 20 year period during the Navy. Also I took a lot of road trips to visit places while on vacation. But to say I spent time visiting each state is a stretch because a third of them don’t have much to see and we just drove through them. If I had to pick a best state to visit, I think California has the most to see. You really need a couple weeks to see everything from Yosemite, Lake Tahoe to San Francisco, Highway 1 to southern CA, LA and San Diego each offer a vacation on their own.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, I spent roughly 30 years, long haul trucking. not only have I visited every state multiple times in all seasons, there are surely no places where two interstates cross that I haven't been to, and very few spots where two red highways cross on a map that are strangers to me.

That said, you've got me beat in Hawaii and Alaska. Only visited Alaska by sea, and just Maui and Kauai in Hawaii. So I will give all whose all time favorite is Hawaii their choice.

I think the state in the lower 48 with the most physical beauty, all year round, is Utah. White mountains in Winter, wild flowers in Spring, lakes and craggy mountains in Summer, and colorful sumacs and red oaks on the autumn. But every place in this great land has something going for it. From the Rocky coast of Maine, through the Great Smoky Mountains (you should see them in Autumn! Fabulous!) To Florida's beaches to the hill country of Texas. On through the red rock Southwest and California has enough beauty for any 3 other countries. The Oregon & Washington coasts and wine country, fantastic. My own Idaho with its very few people, giant mountains and interior so wild that no motors (not even a chain saw to cut firewood) are allowed in the largest wilderness in the lower 48 states.

[political comment removed]
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, I spent roughly 30 years, long haul trucking. not only have I visited every state multiple times in all seasons, there are surely no places where two interstates cross that I haven't been to, and very few spots where two red highways cross on a map that are strangers to me.

That said, you've got me beat in Hawaii and Alaska. Only visited Alaska by sea, and just Maui and Kauai in Hawaii. So I will give all whose all time favorite is Hawaii their choice.

I think the state in the lower 48 with the most physical beauty, all year round, is Utah. White mountains in Winter, wild flowers in Spring, lakes and craggy mountains in Summer, and colorful sumacs and red oaks on the autumn. But every place in this great land has something going for it. From the Rocky coast of Maine, through the Great Smoky Mountains (you should see them in Autumn! Fabulous!) To Florida's beaches to the hill country of Texas. On through the red rock Southwest and California has enough beauty for any 3 other countries. The Oregon & Washington coasts and wine country, fantastic. My own Idaho with its very few people, giant mountains and interior so wild that no motors (not even a chain saw to cut firewood) are allowed in the largest wilderness in the lower 48 states.

Anybody who thinks America needs to be made great again needs to get out more.

Jim

I agree with you. I can claim Alaska and Hawaii because of my father. My Dad was military, and was stationed in both states. I lived in Alaska for two years as a child, and I went to high school in Hawaii, living there for five years before I also joined the military. Having seen so many places over the years, however, I've made it a point of going back to see them as an adult. Alaska and Hawaii are great places to visit. :)

Dave

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
A lot of them, but I haven't counted. Favorites: Maine, Montana, Arizona, California, and of course our own South Carolina.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I’m going with slip but in reverse: Wyoming and then Hawaii...

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Alaska is awesome too. I never felt so small and insignificant until I went to Alaska. That is one large piece of wilderness.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
40 but we are going to Vermont next month so it will be 41. My favorite state is where I live, Utah because most of my family is there. I would love to live in Maine if it weren't so cold. I love the Carolinas and hawaii because you have the mountains and the ocean, so I don't have to decide which one I would have to give up.

Places I love to visit are the gulf coast and panhandle of Florida, montana, flagstaff, Savannah and Rhode Island.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
48 States (missing the Dakota)
10 Provinces and 1 Territory - Canada
57 Countries

Too many favorites.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Not as many as most of you, 21. My favorites are Maine (coastal), North Carolina (mountains) and Florida (southwest coast). My other half would list Hawaii (Honolulu)first.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I have done 34 of the US states, all 10 Canadian provinces and 20 countries so far, and counting. Bucket list is to visit all 50 US states eventually and the 3 Canadian territories. It's really hard to pick out favourite states, it is more like favourite places...and there are just so many!! But if I had to pick an overall favourite state it would probably be Hawaii.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Only 20 - so far. I really liked Oregon but it's tough to choose a favorite. I also love Utah and Arizona. And Hawaii. We hike everywhere so places with nice trails are high on the list. The McKenzie River Trail (near Bend, OR) was one of the nicest trails I have ever hiked - even soft pine needle covered parts (no mud, no rocks) with great waterfalls. And in Arizona my favorite is Oak Creek Canyon, especially in the fall when the leaves turn.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Been to 25 of them- 26 if you count DC- and will be hitting our 27th this Sept.

Surprisingly, as much as we love and visit New England most often we have never been to Rhode Island.

My favorite state is Vermont. Love Hawaii also- who doesn't?