• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are some things you say that make you feel old?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Today at Lowes, a Lowes guy put 300 pounds of floor leveler onto a cart for me and then loaded it into the back of my truck. This kind of makes me feel old.

Bill

I'm 31 and they sometimes insist on loading items from the yard at my local hardware store. I'm sure it's a liability thing that my become more and more common. I can see them being required by policy to at least offer to assist customers load items weighing more than 50lbs to avoid an injury lawsuit on property..... Damn lawsuit happy world we live in...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Several years ago when I had only an S-10 Pickup we were buying yard product from Lowe's for our new very large raised flower and plant bed. We were probably about 58. Our first load a guy about 50 helped us load about 25 bags. He struggled. We told we would be back for a 2nd load. When we returned he was no where to be found. The Assistant Manager came to help. He could not pick up even one bag. So Patti and I did the second load oursleves. Besides the loading we did the off loading ourselves and carried each bag about 50 feet from the driveway to the backyard. The Lowe's garden people are wimps.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
It's a Midwest thing. I was born & raised in Michigan, lived in Ohio and now Illinois. Pop is always called pop. I didn't know it had any other name until I was well out of college.
In the st. louis area it's called soda. There is a website that displays where it's called what. www.popvssoda.com

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'm 31 and they sometimes insist on loading items from the yard at my local hardware store. I'm sure it's a liability thing that my become more and more common. I can see them being required by policy to at least offer to assist customers...

Several years ago (last century) at Lowes, I dropped a sheet of 4'x8' siding (T1-11) on my foot. I had to visit an urgent care center as it smashed two of 'em (broke one in 6 places). I was told that I should sue for them for letting me hoist it myself. I laughed and said, "contributory negligence."

Last week, however, I did request assistance in loading a workbench... I need my toes.

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Things I say that makes me feel old:
Ouch ...
Oooo ...

Come to think about it, I said the same things when I was in college (playing softball and flag football) but I didn't mind it as much. :D

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Ouch ... Oooo ...

At a recent dinner with my stepsons, I said that, when I was young, I didn't want to dine with my elderly in-laws becuz all they did was talk about their various ailments, so I understand they may not want to dine with us much, becuz that's pretty much what we do.

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Ouch ...
Oooo ...

I just wanna be able to rise from a seated position without grunting.

Last year my 50+ year old friend said he needed to get money from the "money mover"... which is what ATMs were called in the 80s. I told him he's really dating himself. He looked a little confused for about 15 seconds, then laughed.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I want pretty, nice recipe cards...those spark joy in me. ;) While you will get multiple hits with a Google search, upon clicking most of those links, the cards are actually 4x6 recipe cards, not 3x5. Yeah, sometimes even Google fails. There are homemade ones on Etsy that are uber-expensive. Amazon has ONE DESIGN...on plain brown Kraft paper. You can download "print your own" designs. Yeah, no.

I just want a pack of mass-produced 3x5, pretty recipe cards, that were usually sold all over the place for about $5. All they seem to make now is 4x6. *sigh*

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I want pretty, nice recipe cards...those spark joy in me. ;) While you will get multiple hits with a Google search, upon clicking most of those links, the cards are actually 4x6 recipe cards, not 3x5. Yeah, sometimes even Google fails. There are homemade ones on Etsy that are uber-expensive. Amazon has ONE DESIGN...on plain brown Kraft paper. You can download "print your own" designs. Yeah, no.

I just want a pack of mass-produced 3x5, pretty recipe cards, that were usually sold all over the place for about $5. All they seem to make now is 4x6. *sigh*

I just spent five minutes Googling "3X5 Index Cards Recipe" and came up with the links below. Will any of them work for you?

Dave

https://store.cookbookpeople.com/3x...tKazb_uAvKdcWcMhmtQf-WozFAVyMcW0aAodFEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Weatherbee-064-Recipe-Cards-5-Inches/dp/B0006BC3F8

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sun-Flow...hguid=a9987cac-8a9-16a1e405882172&athena=true

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Veggie-R...hguid=0e0eb825-c8e-16a1e41a65b3b7&athena=true

https://www.findsimilar.com/search?...S6Y6BiX9dfmFmeLJSJGV_ZapYLEKCqrkaApA_EALw_wcB

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The ones on Amazon are too plain (I remember these from my initial Google searches, too.) I won't shop at Walmart. and the last link is for ones on Zazzles (they are more than $1/card; like the ones on Etsy.) The first link has some good choices, though...I hadn't seen that link in the numerous, previous Google searches I had done.

But the big mystery to me is this: there are clearly WAAAAY more options for 4x6 cards than 3x5 cards, which definitely was not the case "back in the day." I wonder what drove the change?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
But the big mystery to me is this: there are clearly WAAAAY more options for 4x6 cards than 3x5 cards, which definitely was not the case "back in the day." I wonder what drove the change?

Aging cooks with poor eyesight? LOL!

On some of the pages for 4X6 cards, scrolling down showed the same version in a 3X5 card. No idea why the originals you liked are so hard to find. :shrug:

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just wanna be able to rise from a seated position without grunting.

I have to make sure I have "options" for getting back up if I get down on my knees. Found that out the hard way a couple months ago when I had to crawl a few feet to a stationary chair in my office because the desk was too high to help, and I didn't dare trust the rolling chair. I'm sure the neighbors heard me grunting and cursing both.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last year my 50+ year old friend said he needed to get money from the "money mover"... which is what ATMs were called in the 80s. I told him he's really dating himself. He looked a little confused for about 15 seconds, then laughed.

DH still calls it the "cash station" which was the local name around here in the 80s.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A true Chicagoite: Sperry & Hutchinson (S&H Green Stamps)

We used to drive by the headquarters on the tristate tollway.

I used to work there!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reaching for the creme rinse, but not being sure I actually washed my hair, and having to wash it again.
Walking into a room and stopping. Wondering why I came into the room.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reaching for the creme rinse, but not being sure I actually washed my hair, and having to wash it again.

I haven't heard "creme rinse" used for a long time. I guess it is still sold. I can't remember the name of the brand of creme rinse that I used back in the 70's.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I haven't heard "creme rinse" used for a long time. I guess it is still sold. I can't remember the name of the brand of creme rinse that I used back in the 70's.

So maybe crime rinse is another term that ages me. I use it interchangeably with conditioner.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
How about...
When you use your home phone (a/k/a landline) to "ring" your cell phone to find it in a pants pocket.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When my daughter was in high school two years ago, she said that "Facebook is how your teachers communicate with you i.e. we don't use it."

When I was young, "dating" meant that you dated multiple people and were not exclusive. My daughter says that "dating" now implies that you "going steady." (a word they don't use anymore).

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I have to make sure I have "options" for getting back up if I get down on my knees. Found that out the hard way a couple months ago when I had to crawl a few feet to a stationary chair in my office because the desk was too high to help, and I didn't dare trust the rolling chair. I'm sure the neighbors heard me grunting and cursing both.
I wish I could still get down on my knees, but after having both knees replaced, it's not an option unless it's really thick, padded carpet. When something feel under the dresser, I was able to get on the floor to reach it, but then had to roll across the floor to a chair. Getting up was even harder because I couldn't help laughing at myself.