• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flights to St. Thomas

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
in the past I could swear we flew nonstop Boston to STT on JetBlue. I’m not seeing any non stop with any airline. Has this changed? I hate stopovers.
Jewls

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
. I’m hoping more will be added. I wonder if it’s been like this since the hurricane? Going November 1st.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to remember that while the island is coming back strong it is not back to anywhere near it's post hurricane capacity. Morning Star and the reef are still closed, minus about 800 rooms. Bluebeards Castle is closed, about 400 rooms, Sugar Bay is closed another 600 rooms. All those rooms closed means all those people aren't flying down to STT. The independent room and villas are not fully back yet, add another 500-600 rooms. If all those folks aren't coming then the airlines cut back flights and prices rise which is what happened.

I give it a good two more years before the flight schedules and prices start to return to pre hurricane levels.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thank you I didn’t know all those places are still closed.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I had a non stop booked late October on a Sunday. Jfk STT.
I received notification from delta about two weeks ago that I am now connecting they Atlanta. AA also is connecting.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
We are here now at Ritz STT and the island is noticeably quieter, as you would expect. Many places are closed but the people are very positive/resilient. There is still visible damage but it’s better than I expected (not sure what I expected).

It’s wonderful to be here and I hope those properties re-open soon because the locals definitely need our support. This is a great place!

Best,

Greg

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Wyndham Bluebeard’s Beach Club (70+ rooms) is still closed. Not expected to be open until 2020. Wyndham Margaritaville is open.
Looking forward to a late fall visit to Westin St John.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a non stop booked late October on a Sunday. Jfk STT.
I received notification from delta about two weeks ago that I am now connecting they Atlanta. AA also is connecting.

I'm afraid that's going to happen to us as well. We're booked BC R/T JFK-STT in Feb 2020 with Delta. We usually use AA but they offered no non-stops except on the weekends and they were in the astronomical range price-wise. This past FEB people who booked Delta non-stop midweek got switched to 1 stop flights.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now at Ritz STT and the island is noticeably quieter, as you would expect. Many places are closed but the people are very positive/resilient. There is still visible damage but it’s better than I expected (not sure what I expected).

It’s wonderful to be here and I hope those properties re-open soon because the locals definitely need our support. This is a great place!

Best,

Greg

How is the beach at the Ritz. We didn't get over there this year but I heard it was in pretty rough shape.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
A lot of flights to St Thomas became unprofitable after the hurricane (no one traveling), so they shut them down. Airlines have been slowly rebuilding their schedules.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
The beach is definitely in rough shape — the sand has receded a bit and there is a ton of sea grass (this is on the timeshare side, which was never great to begin with). They’ve closed off access to the hotel side so I’ve not yet sneaked across during the day to see the hotel beach (but I have sneaked across at night, and the pool is filled and in place and the grounds are in good shape).

This remains an amazing property. I am happy to be here and will definitely return. It’s quiet — I don’t know what the occupancy rate is but there are empty chairs everywhere — beach and pool. That surprised me — it is easy to get prime real estate and I don’t know why that is.

And I reiterate, the people are amazing. I learned (quickly) not to bring up the hurricanes because it clearly was a traumatic experience for the residents. But eventually they bring it up and the stories are remarkable about what people appreciate that I take for granted (running water to wash their hands, a refrigerator). Amazing people.

So I am happy to be here — the island remains special and the water is beautiful, and I hope hurricanes miss for the next 1000 years.

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The beach is definitely in rough shape — the sand has receded a bit and there is a ton of sea grass (this is on the timeshare side, which was never great to begin with). They’ve closed off access to the hotel side so I’ve not yet sneaked across during the day to see the hotel beach (but I have sneaked across at night, and the pool is filled and in place and the grounds are in good shape).

This remains an amazing property. I am happy to be here and will definitely return. It’s quiet — I don’t know what the occupancy rate is but there are empty chairs everywhere — beach and pool. That surprised me — it is easy to get prime real estate and I don’t know why that is.

And I reiterate, the people are amazing. I learned (quickly) not to bring up the hurricanes because it clearly was a traumatic experience for the residents. But eventually they bring it up and the stories are remarkable about what people appreciate that I take for granted (running water to wash their hands, a refrigerator). Amazing people.

So I am happy to be here — the island remains special and the water is beautiful, and I hope hurricanes miss for the next 1000 years.

Best,

Greg

Greg, thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing your insights regarding restaurants etc.

We are planning to visit next April and have nights reserved at the Ritz, so I am sure things will continue to improve. We will be trying to get some nights at Westin St John to spend even more time in the area.

Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
We are going soon. After reading the reviews they all mention a grocer which deliver. Is it moe’s?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going soon. After reading the reviews they all mention a grocer which deliver. Is it moe’s?
This just posted from the April newsletter

Groceries Delivered to Your Villa

The Cove recently contracted with the very popular, Moe’s Fresh Market to be the on-site delivery service. Don’t want to rent a car, or take a taxi to shop for groceries? Why not have food and drinks delivered directly to your villa while you relax at the beach?

Prior to your arrival you will receive information how to shop from the convenience of your home computer.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Love your beagle in your avatar, looks a lot like mine.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have don BOS to STT no stop with jet blue in th past. I know they stopped after the hurricane, but I thought I read they were starting back up again soon. Maybe just certain days at this point...