• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many USA States have you visited? What's your Favorite?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Wow I like a lot of states:
California, Maine, Vermont, North Carolina, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, Washington

Haven’t spent much time in Oregon or New Mexico but I’m sure I’d like em. We’ll be visiting New Mexico this year and Oregon next year.

Never been to Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho but I’m sure I’d love em.

Texas Hill country is beautiful. South Carolina and Florida coasts are great.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only been to 13 US states, although I have also been to 6 Canadian provinces and ~35 other countries (depends on whether things like Hong Kong count...)

My favourite US state is definitely California. While I like Hawaii, California gets the nod on variety. So many different things to see and do. If I were moving to the US, it would definitely be Carlsbad, and I love Palm Springs, San Diego, San Francisco, etc.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't. But I've only been to Kauai.

Wow. Kauai is my favorite island there. To me, it is what the word "paradise" means. Goes to show ya everyone is so different. But I honestly never heard of someone not liking Hawaii.

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been in all of the states except North Dakota. The state we visit the most is South Carolina because we go to Hilton Head every year. Last year we visited friends in Lemore, California in June and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware in October

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Wow. Kauai is my favorite island there. To me, it is what the word "paradise" means. Goes to show ya everyone is so different. But I honestly never heard of someone not liking Hawaii.

I grew up in Ft Myers, Florida, in our own tropical paradise of palm trees, hibiscus, bougainvillea, citrus and Banyan trees. Our beaches were of pure white sand with a gradual shallow to deepening bottom of the warm Gulf.

There were some stunning vistas on Kauai, especially from a helicopter over Na Pali Park. Still, I can see tropical flora with the addition of mountains in the Caribbean. in my own time zone... a shorter flight away and for a lot less money.

When I think of Kauai, my fondest memories are of the open door helicopter ride with the views noted above and of the Guava farm. We had several Guava trees when I was growing up and I loved them. However, Florida guavas were practically wiped out by a worm infestation in the 70's/80's and it's hard to find the kind I loved best. Closing my eyes while eating those from the Guava farm was such a nostalgic experience.

Glad I went there. Wouldn't particularly want to go back. I do wish that we had taken an extra day or two on O'hau to visit the Memorial.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too lazy to figure it out. Would guess around 40. VT is my favorite and UT is the prettiest.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to many too, but I haven't counted. There's quite a bit of the middle section I've not been to since a wee babe, so I don't count those. (For example: my birth state of North Dakota.) All the states have their charms, but there are *many* states (and parts of states) that I feel shouldn't be inhabited by lots of people full time, including Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina's OBX, the Everglades, etc.

One of the reasons I live where I live, and why I chose to stay here, is because I think it's more sustainable to live here than many other places. When gas becomes $14 a gallon, almost all of my food can still be grown/raised within a three hour radius and will still be affordable. The land is arable without massive doses of chemicals and irrigation. Sea level rise will mean I will be an hour from the coast (as compared to under water.) There is enough rain to support the population; we have all four seasons. There is no river to flood my city during 100 year floods that have started to happen every five or ten years. In an era of climate change that it appears no one is willing to do anything about, I have tried to chose my location wisely.

And it is beautiful. While we will still only be two hours from the Blue Ridge Parkway, I'm looking forward to living closer to the coast, once everything east of 95 becomes permanent wetlands. ;)

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
US states - 47. Only AK, DE, and WV left. Love lots of places, especially HI, CO, UT, VT, and AZ, but CA is definitely my all-time favorite. Also been to 6 Canadian provinces, from BC to QC. Would love to someday visit the Maritimes.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not that many for me. I think maybe 12. I have to think and count them :cool:

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I've been blessed with jobs that had me doing a fair amount of nice travel . . . so I have been to and experienced all 50 states. I wrapped up the last couple (Vermont & Maine) back on my road trip vacation to Nova Scotia in the fall of 2015.

It's really had to pick just one favorite, as my interests are pretty eclectic. I would have to say Alaska given all of the nature and beauty, as well as the lack of over development and people. A few years back, however, while Jonesing for another Alaska Adventure, I realized that Yellowstone offered much of what I enjoyed in Alaska, so I've started roadtripping there to camp and enjoy the outdoors and wildlife photography.

Unfortunately, Yellowstone in the summer (especially July & August) is brutal with crowds (and stupid people!) so I've found that May suits my interests there just fine. In fact, I'll be returning again in just about a month. It's become my "end of bowling season mental break for work and people" vacation over the past few years.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Love Hawaii, even though we go 2-3 times per year, I never grow tired of it. I also love Florida coastal and definitely Disneyworld. I could move there easily, and we could actually afford Florida.

We have friend who bought a full condo on Maui, oceanfront, and it was tempting to do the same thing. Very tempting. I think it was $450K, but it's tiny. It's big enough for a vacation home (king bed is a real plus) and has a full kitchen and nice living room. It's bigger than a Westin studio, but not as big as a one bedroom at Westin.

They have a company renting the unit, when they aren't there to use it. I think they are doing well with it. They eventually want to stay longer. I don't know if they want to pay it off early. They are living the dream for sure. They have a cabin in the mountains, very close to the bigger towns. of Silverthorne, Dillon, Frisco and Breck. So both of their homes are vacation homes. They had to get rid of a lot of stuff, when they sold their house in Denver. I could not do it.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
All 50, most of them several times.

Some of my favorites include my home state, CA, the obvious, HI. Others are VA, ME, FL, AK and AR.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Just 16 for me but hopefully Utah very soon!

Favorites are Hawaii, of course, coastal Maine and Oak Creek Canyon (Sedona) AZ. Opposites, I know! :doh:

Utah is incredible - where specifically are you going in Utah?

For me, I have NOT been to Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming (although I looked into it from RMNP!), Oregon, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
BUT - this summer, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming are coming off this list so I will be at 42 soon.

I love Colorado and would live there yesterday if I could. I've never seen anything like Rocky Mountain NP - but I also enjoyed the Cascade Mountain in Washington.
I am actively looking for a reasonable place to retire to out west and Utah / Wyoming / northern New Mexico are all under consideration.
I'm afraid most of Colorado may demand more than I can afford (at least in the mountain areas).

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All 50, most of them several times.

Some of my favorites include my home state, CA, the obvious, HI. Others are VA, ME, FL, AK and AR.

I came so close to pull the trigger on a vacation later this year to Yosemite. Definitely need to get there one day soon....
Northern California seems so much more alluring to me than southern but to each their own....

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This sounds delightful!

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Utah is incredible - where specifically are you going in Utah?>>>>snip

So I've heard! Southern Utah -- Escalante region, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, etc. Family obligations are preventing an extended vacation right now, so I'm thinking fall 2020 might work. If you have suggestions, I would appreciate your input.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
So I've heard! Southern Utah -- Escalante region, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, etc. Family obligations are preventing an extended vacation right now, so I'm thinking fall 2020 might work. If you have suggestions, I would appreciate your input.
Not sure what kinds of suggestions you are looking for, but if it's timing I think that fall is awesome. We went the first week of Nov 2016 and did Zion, Bryce, a brief stop in Kodachrome State Park, and Capitol Reef. It was warm enough to do the Narrows in Zion, and that was awesome. Driving between the parks was easy. The only bad part of the trip was lack of good beer - Utah as an abv limit and it makes all of the beer taste a bit watered down. (Lolol, the things one remembers). Go for it.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Not sure what kinds of suggestions you are looking for, but if it's timing I think that fall is awesome. We went the first week of Nov 2016 and did Zion, Bryce, a brief stop in Kodachrome State Park, and Capitol Reef. It was warm enough to do the Narrows in Zion, and that was awesome. Driving between the parks was easy. The only bad part of the trip was lack of good beer - Utah as an abv limit and it makes all of the beer taste a bit watered down. (Lolol, the things one remembers). Go for it.

Going in Sept. to Springdale. I hope there is a liquor store in town or at least in Hurricane on the way. I have to have my margaritas and wine.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Going in Sept. to Springdale. I hope there is a liquor store in town or at least in Hurricane on the way. I have to have my margaritas and wine.

Stop at the St. George Costco in Washington, Utah, (the town right before Hurricane), on the way to Springdale. You’ll have the best options there.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We have been to many of the States but have only spent time in about 16. As far as areas and timing go, I like the Oregon Coast in Summer and any beach Hawaii in the winter.

As far as a favorite State goes, I think Washington. There is no place like home !!!

Bill