• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First time MVC owner going to Aruba Surf Club

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Hello, this is our first Marriot Vacation Club stay with my wife and I. We are going to Aruba Surf Club in a few weeks. What are some good advice tips or anything I should prepare for? I got a welcome email asking me if I want to opt in now for the breakfast and dinner buffets and also if I want to add more room cleaning. Are there any other fees we are going to pay during our stay? Should we pack anything with us? If anyone can just help us out, we are literally walking into this blind. Thank you.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
The restaurants on the island are excellent, do not opt in for eating at the resort. I usually get the daily tidy and towel change service. We don’t need a daily full cleaning. There are some taxes added to you bill but they are nominal.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
You will have a great time! There are some taxes but I think they are approximately $100 for the week. You be charged for daily room cleaning if you opt for that. There is a washer/dryer in room so you can just wash your own if you prefer. Bring tubes for the lazy river, bring pods for the washing machine if you plan to use. I bring a few snacks or cereal for the kids. Definitely don’t bother with the buffet dinner. There are tons of great restaurants, many of them you can walk to. Bring sunscreen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Awesome, thanks.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Note the washer dryer is only in room if you have a 1 or 2 bedroom. No w/d in the studio/lock off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Oh man, I think ours is a Studio. I wanted to pack light and use it, oh well I will figure something out.

The thing that I cannot completely figure out is the difference between a regular hotel stay vs MVC stay. Of course, we have all stayed a ton of times in hotels and I am a lot more familiar with how they work. If I want to try my luck for a view or upgraded room, slip the hotel check-in staff a $20 bill; if it's a special event/anniversary, ask for champagne in the room; shampoo/soap/towels all refreshed everyday; I want a late night snack or water, room service 24-hours a day...Things like these. How is it with MVC? How can I get an ocean view room? It will suck if we are staring at buildings and greens for 7 days. Do we take our own shampoos and soaps? Do we take our own beach towels and/or extra bath towels? Thanks

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort has beach towels. You cannot slip the check in staff money for an upgraded view. If you are an owner you bought a specific view! A timeshare is like staying in a rented condo. Some timeshares have daily maid service but Marriott’s do not. They do offer it for an extra fee. You have a kitchen so you can buy snacks to keep. Even if you have studio you will have a small refrigerator and a microwave. There are grocery stores not too far away and there is a mini market at the resort.

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Villa locations are based on availability as Interval International reservations do not have any view type guaranteed.

That was the response when I asked about a room with a view. How do II people get ocean view rooms? What can I do to get one?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Villa locations are based on availability as Interval International reservations do not have any view type guaranteed.

That was the response when I asked about a room with a view. How do II people get ocean view rooms? What can I do to get one?

They don’t unless they get lucky.