• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott messing with Guest Confirmations again

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Once again, Marriott is trying to prevent owner's from putting their guest/renter's name on confirmations. If you are an owner who rents your timeshare, you should complain and nip this in the bud. This started (again) about 2 days ago.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Once again, Marriott is trying to prevent owner's from putting their guest/renter's name on confirmations. If you are an owner who rents your timeshare, you should complain and nip this in the bud. This started (again) about 2 days ago.
I haven't done it in a month or so but didn't have a problem then. What exactly are they preventing?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Marriott is trying to prevent owner's from putting their guest/renter's name on the confirmations. It started (again) about 2 days ago.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
I think you mean where they ask you who is staying with you, right?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you saying customer service refused to change a reservation to another name or they declined to add a name to the reservation. This is for an owned week not an exchange I presume.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm saying they don't want to put the guest's name on the face of the Marriott confirmation.

I'm not asking for help - I'm notifying Marriott owners that if you rent or gift your timeshare, this may be an issue.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm saying they don't want to put the guest's name on the face of the Marriott confirmation.

I'm not asking for help - I'm notifying Marriott owners that if you rent or gift your timeshare, this may be an issue.
I guess I'm still not clear, so if you change the name and get a new confirmation it won't show in their name and/or they won't be able to pull it up on Marriott.com?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let's try a picture:

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.49.21 AM.png

One owner told me they had to wait on hold for a very long time and get a supervisor to do it.

Another owner told me they had to call back and talk to a Phone Rep. who said:

"I can do it, but only because I still have the old system on my computer."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.49.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.49.21 AM.png
    163 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I have a problem with that approach in all honesty. Have you tried changing the name then getting the confirmation sent again? Once the name has changed, will it pull up in the other parties name on Marriott.com.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I have a problem with that approach in all honesty. Have you tried changing the name then getting the confirmation sent again? Once the name has changed, will it pull up in the other parties name on Marriott.com.

You don't think that Marriott, as the hired manager of a property, should allow the owner of that property to use it as they see fit?

Not being able to get a confirmation with a guest name will be a huge issue for anyone who tries to rent.

I don't own Marriott, but that's pretty customer unfriendly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it's a problem. Good luck!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't think that Marriott, as the hired manager of a property, should allow the owner of that property to use it as they see fit?

Not being able to get a confirmation with a guest name will be a huge issue for anyone who tries to rent.

I don't own Marriott, but that's pretty customer unfriendly.
I just think there are other factors. They're confirming the reservation with the owner, not the renter or guest. I think there are other ways to document the renter is authorized which is why I asked about the other options. I doubt this is done to make it difficult to rent, I suspect there are other factors, but the endpoint may be that it does make it more difficult.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's try a picture:

View attachment 11545

One owner told me they had to wait on hold for a very long time and get a supervisor to do it.

Another owner told me they had to call back and talk to a Phone Rep. who said:

"I can do it, but only because I still have the old system on my computer."
The question remains as to whether the owner is adding a name or replacing their name. There should be no issue in getting a confirmation email with a name replacement.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There really is a simple solution because when you receive the reservation from Marriott when you put it in forward mode the reservation details are editable so when the CSR doesn't put the guest's name there, some say they can't, others say sure no problem, I do it myself. If the guests calls Marriott to confirm after receiving my edited reservation to check if they are on the reservation the answer they will receive is yes. I don't even bother to ask them to put it anywhere as long as i know they added it because I know i can do it myself.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Not sure about Marriott, but for Vistana - the Reservation Confirmations are in possession of the Front Desk at checkin.
Excerpts from VSE reservation confirmation disclaimers...

94779dec2c47fc5c2e5faaf606aa655a.jpg

ff8449923beca397c59d75994dff9c23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There really is a simple solution because when you receive the reservation from Marriott when you put it in forward mode the reservation details are editable so when the CSR doesn't put the guest's name there, some say they can't, others say sure no problem, I do it myself. If the guests calls Marriott to confirm after receiving my edited reservation to check if they are on the reservation the answer they will receive is yes. I don't even bother to ask them to put it anywhere as long as i know they added it because I know i can do it myself.
Do you still call to ask the CSR to add your guest's name or do you skip that and just change the name on the reservation in the system?

I have only called to add a guest's name.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Marriott, but for Vistana - the Reservation Confirmations are in possession of the Front Desk at checkin.
Excerpts from VSE reservation confirmation disclaimers...

94779dec2c47fc5c2e5faaf606aa655a.jpg

ff8449923beca397c59d75994dff9c23.jpg

The difference is that Marriott does not charge a guest fee. Vistana collects the $59 and hence you have to call.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The difference is that Marriott does not charge a guest fee. Vistana collects the $59 and hence you have to call.
I guess this is part of my thought process, Marriott could easily charge a fee to do so or for those that aren't enrolled and make it a benefit of enrollment.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Fee? I have never been charged a fee, and I rent 3 VSE VOIs (HomeResort) per year - including 2019

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do you still call to ask the CSR to add your guest's name or do you skip that and just change the name on the reservation in the system?

I have only called to add a guest's name.
You would still have to call. This way, no matter where the rep updates it, if the renter calls in to see if they are on the reservation the rep will be able to confirm they are, whether the "primary" or not.