• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Length of time to close on a timeshare

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought a Wyndam timeshare first week of February. Sent money $1 real fast. Got an email today LT transfers is now sending paperwork to Wyndam and it is taking 18 weeks to do their paper and complete transfer. So that's a total of 7 months.

Question: I am getting the 2019 week. Won't use it for trading it in house and will probably deposit it into RCI. So now is it treated like any other deposit and it will cost me the regular trading fee of $239 or do Wyndam owners get a break? Or do I have other options?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham will tell you 10-12 weeks once they receive all info, but if they are the buyer in 2 weeks all is completed. Usually LT or any other closing company will take 4-5 weeks to prepare deed, record deed then they send all info to Wyndham. My question is why is it if Wyndham is buying the deed through a third party this process is stream lined to 2 weeks after deed is recorded.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 different transactions going on with LT transfers. This one which is now over 3 months for LT transfer's part. The other is a worldmark which was bought a week after and they are now sending paperwork to sellers so that could be another couple of weeks. Since worldmark is credits based only...I have no idea why that one would take so long. I bought both on eBay and both the 2 different sellers told me when they sent the information to LT transfers. So LT transfers is taking 3 month alone. They must be very busy?

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
I don't think you get a discount on the RCI transaction, I own Wyndham and it was $2-- for my last transfer.

I have a non-wyndham currently in process with LT, they warned me a month to prepare docs with current business and my seller is not quick at getting their end done after the docs were prepared.. The seller CC's me on their emails, so I know the delay is them, not LT, but yes it did take a month strictly for document preparation on LT's end.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm just antsy and impatient because it's taking so long to get to wyndham...3 months...then Wyndam takes their sweet time but I was expecting that. I bought weeks timeshares years back and it used to take a month maybe 6 weeks. I'm planning vacations for next year and I would like to incorporate my new purchases. Maybe I just need to chill out.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rent from a VIP
I’m so surprised!!
I want YOU to answer the following questions so we can understand the advice given:
What resort & dates is the OP looking at for next year?
How many bedrooms does the OP need?
How likely will those reservations be available say September 1st [the OPs transfer will likely be done by then]?
Why rent from a VIP instead of a resale owner 6+ months out?
What savings are to be had renting from a VIP 6+ months out?

I know more stupid questions!! But I have no idea how you believe you give good advice when you don’t have a clue of the OPs needs!!!

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I guess I jinxed myself.... because just last week I was saying to myself "gee... the Wyndham forum sure has been very civil lately"......

Some of us may have that moment growing up when a parent yelled upstairs "dont make come up there".... consider this that moment.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I jinxed myself.... because just last week I was saying to myself "gee... the Wyndham forum sure has been very civil lately"......

Some of us may have that moment growing up when a parent yelled upstairs "dont make come up there".... consider this that moment.
Moment??
That’s my life story!!

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's hard to know your personal lifetime game plan for vacationing. Life makes changes. With the weeks I already have i can get to a lot of places. Some Wyndam resorts are hard that's why I bought one week with them. I wanted to do more short vacations and I live in the west so I'm thinking worldmark works. Over the past 20 years, those kids i call mine, have grown up and I have grandchildren. I really love vacationing with grandchildren the most. Driving vacations make more sense when lots of people are going. I have paid for weeks instead of trading because it was a lot cheaper with rci's trading fees. Im retired and travel about 12 weeks a year, I generally plan out a year in advance. We usually do 3 weeks at a time 4 times a year. I have one week for next June in Oregon and I would like to put 2 more, worldmark has lots of timeshares where I want to go. That's one reason I'm anxious. I love planning, but now it's like having one hand tied behind my back. I'm not opposed to renting from a VIP but I would rather use what I've bought. I feel like I'm waawaa waaing and I should call me a wambulance. Thank you for all your replies.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with a lesson on some good old fashion discipline.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's hard to know your personal lifetime game plan for vacationing. Life makes changes. With the weeks I already have i can get to a lot of places. Some Wyndam resorts are hard that's why I bought one week with them. I wanted to do more short vacations and I live in the west so I'm thinking worldmark works. Over the past 20 years, those kids i call mine, have grown up and I have grandchildren. I really love vacationing with grandchildren the most. Driving vacations make more sense when lots of people are going. I have paid for weeks instead of trading because it was a lot cheaper with rci's trading fees. Im retired and travel about 12 weeks a year, I generally plan out a year in advance. We usually do 3 weeks at a time 4 times a year. I have one week for next June in Oregon and I would like to put 2 more, worldmark has lots of timeshares where I want to go. That's one reason I'm anxious. I love planning, but now it's like having one hand tied behind my back. I'm not opposed to renting from a VIP but I would rather use what I've bought. I feel like I'm waawaa waaing and I should call me a wambulance. Thank you for all your replies.

The main thing is your open mined to looking at all your options. I always try to use the points I have available. But many times, especially within the 60 day window, I have been able to rent from a VIP for less then paying the maintenance fees on my points. On few occasions a PR VIP has had availability to book when none was available for me to book.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark (Past)
19 weeks. Still waiting
I bought Wyndham resale in December of 2018. The transfer company had everything to Wyndham January 20th 2019 and I am still waiting for the transfer to happen. I'm almost at the 19 week mark so it looks like we are in the same boat...

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I bought Wyndham resale in December of 2018. The transfer company had everything to Wyndham January 20th 2019 and I am still waiting for the transfer to happen. I'm almost at the 19 week mark so it looks like we are in the same boat...

Same here. February 3rd Wyndham received my paperwork. The closing company took their sweet time, and then screwed up the deed. That mess is being cleaned up at the moment, creating yet more delays. Now I know why the timeshare broker dumped them. I have two others in flight with different company, but the second one was delivered in the beginning of March. They are coming out of their busy season. Things should start to pick up soon. When was the last time you called Wyndham to check on a status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. February 3rd Wyndham received my paperwork. The closing company took their sweet time, and then screwed up the deed. That mess is being cleaned up at the moment, creating yet more delays. Now I know why the timeshare broker dumped them. I have two others in flight with different company, but the second one was delivered in the beginning of March. They are coming out of their busy season. Things should start to pick up soon. When was the last time you called Wyndham to check on a status?

I called Wyndham today on a deed transferring in they said things are moving much faster 6-8 weeks compared to 12-14 weeks quoted at the beginning of the year. I Had a similar situation on a deed I just transferred in . Wyndham rejected a deed because Date on deed was the 9th with notary date the 19th. Seems like they are a little more stringent on what gets a pass. Wish I would of picked up on that but it was a honest mistake that added another 8 weeks to closing that was already at 14-16 weeks.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham today on a deed transferring in they said things are moving much faster 6-8 weeks compared to 12-14 weeks quoted at the beginning of the year. I Had a similar situation on a deed I just transferred in . Wyndham rejected a deed because Date on deed was the 9th with notary date the 19th. Seems like they are a little more stringent on what gets a pass. Wish I would of picked up on that but it was a honest mistake that added another 8 weeks to closing that was already at 14-16 weeks.
Last two deeds I transferred out only it took 2 weeks from the day Deed was received by Wyndham. Miracles do happen.
This post is my personal opinion

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

The one where the deed was incorrect added five weeks. The closing company swears the deed was correct to begin with, and it was a mistake on Wyndham’s part. Of course Wyndham is not agreeing or denying that. I only see one deed recorded on Hawaii’s side so I assume the closing company so correct. After that mess was was cleared up, it took then another five weeks to get to it. Then they came back and said they wanted my husband’s ID, but he was not an owner on the deed. They agreed they didn’t need it and agreed to continue. That added at least a week. Who knows how long it will take them now. I have another one that is almost 11 weeks now. Also, I asked for an estoppel for one of my contracts and they totally screwed that up to. Said imo my have 168,000 or 308,000 available for 2020 and 2021 which is incorrect. In the case of 2021 though, that’s impossible. We cannot borrow or book 2021. So there is no way I could have used any of those points. Title is not my favorite place right now.