• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Panama City Presidential Units

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Are all the presidential units in the upper level like Bonnet Creek? Are the presidential reserve units at the very top of the tower?

I know all the presidential reserve units are at the top of building 6 at Bonnet Creek and I was wondering what the distribution is for Panama City. I'm moving close to that area and plan on staying there a lot.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are all the presidential units in the upper level like Bonnet Creek? Are the presidential reserve units at the very top of the tower?

I know all the presidential reserve units are at the top of building 6 at Bonnet Creek and I was wondering what the distribution is for Panama City. I'm moving close to that area and plan on staying there a lot.
I dont know about all the PR units, but I stayed in a 2 bedroom PR at Panana City and it was on floor 16 or 17, end unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Presidential units are all considered upper level.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Presidential units are on most floors. Not just the top floor. We had one on the third floor for a guest - wife hated heights, but liked a good view.

Wes

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There is a 2 Bedroom Presidential on every floor except the 1st floor (the westside of the building). Farrrr from the elevator, but right by a stair well :)

The top 2 floors are all presidential units.

Panama City is an anomaly, IMO, as at most resorts the presidential units are on the top floors. I'm not aware of other resorts where they are on every floor like PC (when it's a high-rise).

PC is not the best place to be, on a top floor, if you don't like heights :) Nice to have the presidentials on every floor.

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
I dont know about all the PR units, but I stayed in a 2 bedroom PR at Panana City and it was on floor 16 or 17, end unit.

We are renting from an owner in late Oct. (7 nights) He said all the presidential units where upper top floors. Does anyone have pictures the would like to share. Plus what would be a good rate for a rental of one of these? It's a 2BR 2Bath Presidential reserve at Wyndham Panama city Beach. We have stayed at this resort back in 2016 but it was a 1BR deluxe but was still nice for the 2 of us.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are renting from an owner in late Oct. (7 nights) He said all the presidential units where upper top floors. Does anyone have pictures the would like to share. Plus what would be a good rate for a rental of one of these? It's a 2BR 2Bath Presidential reserve at Wyndham Panama city Beach. We have stayed at this resort back in 2016 but it was a 1BR deluxe but was still nice for the 2 of us.

Expedia has a two bedroom, one bath unit (not Presidential) for $2062 including taxes for seven nights 10/19-10/26. So anything beneath that discount rate is a “good deal.”

It is off season so a VIP owner working with an upgrade could offer you a much better price. But $300 a night through Expedia is another viable option to consider if you’re wanting to fret over what an owner has offered you.

And Wyndham has no two bedroom units available for those dates.

Wes

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
Expedia has a two bedroom, one bath unit (not Presidential) for $2062 including taxes for seven nights 10/19-10/26. So anything beneath that discount rate is a “good deal.”

It is off season so a VIP owner working with an upgrade could offer you a much better price. But $300 a night through Expedia is another viable option to consider if you’re wanting to fret over what an owner has offered you.

Wes
Wow not fretting over the price we got. The transaction was super smooth and at a GREAT PRICE! Really looking for pictures of those types of units. We would like to invite another couple so looking for pictures. There doesn't seem to be many. Thanks for your input.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was mentioned about looking at Expedia...also try looking at VRBO and Airbnb...sometimes owners have listings on those sites. Many times they will have their rates listed, even if they dont have a unit available to rent.

When I rent a unit to someone else I base it off of Wyndham's Extra Holiday's price and discount that. I dont want someone who rents from me paying more than what someone who rents from Wyndham pays. Doing it this way, everyone has always felt they received a great deal.

As far as pictures, I'm sure I have some somewhere. The 2 bedroom presidential units have a very similar layout as the 2 bedroom deluxe units (the kitchen area is larger in the 2 bed pres) and you dont have the bunk beds in the entry way. Both units have the Master suite with the bay window that overlooks the Gulf.

The furnishings and finishings in the 2 bed pres are upgraded. If I remember correctly, the 2 bed pres units are the units on the far west end of the tower....not necessarily all at the top of the tower(though they are all probably floors 9 and up, what the resort considers "upper floors", also the 2 bed deluxe and pres have bay windows in the Master suite...and there are only 3 "columns" of those bay windows on the Wyndham tower running from top to bottom floor).

As a final note, dont expect any other preferential treatment for being in that room. Again, they are typically on the far west end, which means you won't have a neighbor on one side (less outside noise) but you also have further to walk to get to your room (if that's an issue). You will still have to find a parking spot among the masses. As a tip, the bridge crossing from the parking garage to the tower is on level 3 of the garage. If you can get a spot on that level you're golden. Otherwise, you'll have to use stairs/elevators to get to level 3 to cross the bridge...then you'll jump on a different set of elevators to get to your room...you'll see (it's not the most convenient setup).

Hope this helps set expectations a little better...and I hope you enjoy your trip! For all its little nuances, my family enjoys staying at this resort! It's close to Pier Park with tons of entertainment and shopping. My youngest daughter typically wants to go there for her birthday...so we'll get a 2 bedroom deluxe, she'll invite friends and we all have a blast! Especially with that beautiful bay window in the master bedroom...the sunrises and sunsets are beautiful if you're up in the room!

Blessings!

Orlando

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try google search. Lots of photos there. It’s a good sized unit. You’ll have plenty of room for two couples.
IMG_0864.JPG

Wes

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
It was mentioned about looking at Expedia...also try looking at VRBO and Airbnb...sometimes owners have listings on those sites. Many times they will have their rates listed, even if they dont have a unit available to rent.

When I rent a unit to someone else I base it off of Wyndham's Extra Holiday's price and discount that. I dont want someone who rents from me paying more than what someone who rents from Wyndham pays. Doing it this way, everyone has always felt they received a great deal.

As far as pictures, I'm sure I have some somewhere. The 2 bedroom presidential units have a very similar layout as the 2 bedroom deluxe units (the kitchen area is larger in the 2 bed pres) and you dont have the bunk beds in the entry way. Both units have the Master suite with the bay window that overlooks the Gulf.

The furnishings and finishings in the 2 bed pres are upgraded. If I remember correctly, the 2 bed pres units are the units on the far west end of the tower....not necessarily all at the top of the tower(though they are all probably floors 9 and up, what the resort considers "upper floors", also the 2 bed deluxe and pres have bay windows in the Master suite...and there are only 3 "columns" of those bay windows on the Wyndham tower running from top to bottom floor).

As a final note, dont expect any other preferential treatment for being in that room. Again, they are typically on the far west end, which means you won't have a neighbor on one side (less outside noise) but you also have further to walk to get to your room (if that's an issue). You will still have to find a parking spot among the masses. As a tip, the bridge crossing from the parking garage to the tower is on level 3 of the garage. If you can get a spot on that level you're golden. Otherwise, you'll have to use stairs/elevators to get to level 3 to cross the bridge...then you'll jump on a different set of elevators to get to your room...you'll see (it's not the most convenient setup).

Hope this helps set expectations a little better...and I hope you enjoy your trip! For all its little nuances, my family enjoys staying at this resort! It's close to Pier Park with tons of entertainment and shopping. My youngest daughter typically wants to go there for her birthday...so we'll get a 2 bedroom deluxe, she'll invite friends and we all have a blast! Especially with that beautiful bay window in the master bedroom...the sunrises and sunsets are beautiful if you're up in the room!

Blessings!

Orlando

Thanks for all your info. I did read on the reservations that we will not receive any of the perks of a Presidential Reserve owner and we are ok with that.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wes
I would agree with Wes . Try to find a VIP who is willing to work with you and pass along the 50% discount for booking within the 60 day window. You may also receive a free upgrade.

Happytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
I would agree with Wes . Try to find a VIP who is willing to work with you and pass along the 50% discount for booking within the 60 day window. You may also receive a free upgrade.
Yes, this is what was done.