• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

Reaction score
I am so happy to find the thread of Tugbbs after I fell to buy the bluegreen package in Texas on Dec 2 2018. I immediately sent a certified letter with all the materials in the box on Dec 3 which was shown by USPS delivered on Dec 7 2018. Now it has been over 30 days and I have been tracking my credit card (I paid in full use credit card) for refund and so far no luck yet. Should I be worried (I know it's 45 days that they have for the refund)? I have not called or emailed them as advised here. Should I call my credit card company and inform them the rescission and dispute the charge (I am not sure if the Chase CC will dispute now). It's quite a large charge on the card and I really hope Bluegreen will refund me soon.. Thank you for any advice!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now it has been over 30 days and I have been tracking my credit card (I paid in full use credit card) for refund and so far no luck yet. Should I be worried (I know it's 45 days that they have for the refund)? I have not called or emailed them as advised here. Should I call my credit card company and inform them the rescission and dispute the charge
I think I would call the Customer Service phone number on the card and discuss this with them. Just because it's been plenty long enough to find out if a refund is in the works. You might also ask them about disputing the charge. Can't hurt. Might help.

Jim

Reaction score
Thank you for the sugfesugge! I will do just that. So at this time still no need to contact bluegreen? Just checked cc still no refund. 34 days now and countjng.
I think I would call the Customer Service phone number on the card and discuss this with them. Just because it's been plenty long enough to find out if a refund is in the works. You might also ask them about disputing the charge. Can't hurt. Might help.

Jim

Reaction score
I called the CC customer service number and they said they can start the dispute if I want to. I decided to give it another a few days since the official 45 days would be around Jan 22. Then today when I tried to use the owner # (provided in an email about 10 days after the purchase) to register for access. When I type my social and phone # to look up for my owner # it says the account can't be found.. Does this mean on bluegreen's end mine is already cancelled and just waiting for the refund to go through? I do not want to dispute if that is the case as that will delay the refund for sure once the official dispute starts..Any advice? Thanks!!

Sikha

Reaction score
Hello all,

I signed my contract in Florida but notice the property listed on my documents is in Illinois. Florida has a 10 day rescission period but Illinois has a 5 day rescission period. Which one do I follow? I will dropping my rescission letter and other documents in the mail tomorrow.

Thank in advance
Welcome to TUG, glad you found us in time. Please consider becoming an official TUG member which support this wonderful site. It is only $15.

Certified Mail is a special USPS service that provides proof of mailing via a receipt to the sender. With electronic USPS Tracking, the sender is notified when the mailing was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made.

Certified Mail costs $3.35. That fee is in addition to the First Class Mail or Priority Mail delivery fee to send the mailpiece. Additional services for Certified Mail include Return Receipt. The cost of Return Receipt is $2.75 for a mailed receipt or $1.45 for an Electronic Receipt that is emailed to you.

It is proof you sent it and they received it.
View attachment 9673
Can some one please help me the address to sent the cancel letter and the process how to send?

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can some one please help me the address to sent the cancel letter and the process how to send?

Send the notice of cancellation through the US Postal Service using citified mail, with return receipt. This proves you sent it and informs you of the delivery. The address is:

Bluegreen Vacations
4960 Conference Way North
Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431

bgsorry

Reaction score
WOW - I feel a lot better after finding this forum.
We purchased BG on Fri. May 17 in Tenn. That state has 10 day cancellation policy and we are going to do that as soon as possible. My biggest concern is what to send. They gave me at least 30 pages of documents. I've seen that you should return a COPY of signed contract - not really sure which of these are actually the contract. I think the one I need is titled "Closing Settlement Statement". This actually shows purchase price and has both of our signatures.We also received the BG hardbound book of their resorts, RCI resort book, Charter Certificate, Bonus Points Certificate. Do we send all this back in a box with the letter inside?

Sorry for the supidity here, but pretty nervous about this whole ordeal.

One other thing they talked us into was opening a Barclay - Master card which we charged the entire purchase on.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW - I feel a lot better after finding this forum.
We purchased BG on Fri. May 17 in Tenn. That state has 10 day cancellation policy and we are going to do that as soon as possible. My biggest concern is what to send. They gave me at least 30 pages of documents. I've seen that you should return a COPY of signed contract - not really sure which of these are actually the contract. I think the one I need is titled "Closing Settlement Statement". This actually shows purchase price and has both of our signatures.We also received the BG hardbound book of their resorts, RCI resort book, Charter Certificate, Bonus Points Certificate. Do we send all this back in a box with the letter inside?

Sorry for the supidity here, but pretty nervous about this whole ordeal
One other thing they talked us into was opening a Barclay - Master card which we charged the entire purchase on.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Just send the letter. USPS Certified w/return receipt (so you get notified when it's delivered). That page with the signatures will do fine. (a copy, not the original) Add the line. 'Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover', then send their junk back by cheapest means. Don't cancel the credit card until the refund is credited to it.

Welcome to TUG.

Jim

bradski

Reaction score
Y'all are seriously awesome. Just bought on Saturday in Myrtle Beach. I saw the rescind instructions and questioned the QA person as we were signing things. She was very nice and confirmed that that was what we needed to do to rescind. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have signed up if there wasn't a way out quickly. I just wanted to talk it over more with my wife once we were alone and away from the atmosphere of the preview center. It doesn't sound like a bad program at all, if you can use it the right way. We're not in a place right now where we can do that though, so bubye bluegreen. We'll be sending our letter tomorrow. Thanks especially for the letter template.

Brad

Pilgrim424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
When you are rescinding, do you just sent the letter or do you send everything we signed in the packet back? We bought 5/25/19 and will send the letter out tomorrow FLa. We bought at South Mountain, NH Would it be better to drive to South Mountain and hand deliver?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When you are rescinding, do you just sent the letter or do you send everything we signed in the packet back? We bought 5/25/19 and will send the letter out tomorrow FLa. We bought at South Mountain, NH Would it be better to drive to South Mountain and hand deliver?
You can send just the letter certified and then mention in the letter that upon request you can send the other materials that were given. Technically they can withhold the cost of those materials but there isn't a deadline when you have to send them back by and you can use a less expensive method to send those back as well. The important part is the rescission letter with proof of mailing.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We DO NOT recommend returning to the sales room- or answering the phone if they call. All that can accomplish is them having another crack at you to change your mind. Plus, rescissions are usually not processed at the resort, but at a corporate business office somewhere else.

Send them a letter, USPS Certified. That's the best way, unless your contract says something else.

Jim

Pilgrim424

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Just got back from sending them the letter by certified mail. According to NH law, I have to call them to give them notice that I will be cancelling. The woman was very polite. They want the rest of the paperwork and books back but said I could send it separately.

Feel good about cancelling, like I dodge a bullet. Glad I found this site.

Bruce

CV123

Reaction score
so glad you found us in time! you just saved a fortune!

no need to fret if you sent off the letter within your rescission period to the correct address, they will honor your cancellation.

and now you can go pick up BG points on the resale market for literally nothing.

I have a question. I sent the rescission letter to the address specified in the paperwork. I got an email stating that they are refunding the $49. But no mention of the refund of the rest of the money- down payment of $1,254. Will they be refunding the rest of the money? I am really stressed out right now.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, they are obligated to refund 100% of what you have paid when you rescind in time.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you used a credit card? Suggestion, please contact your credit card holder ASAP about your lack of refund credited to your credit card account.
Good luck.

CV123

Reaction score
yes, they are obligated to refund 100% of what you have paid when you rescind in time.

I sent the letter within 4days of signing the contract via UPS-overnight. BG's email does not mention that contract was cancelled.

CV123

Reaction score
Did you used a credit card? Suggestion, please contact your credit card holder ASAP about your lack of refund credited to your credit card account.
Good luck.
Yes I used a credit card. I will contact my credit card company, thank you.

Marivel

Reaction score
I have a question. I sent the rescission letter to the address specified in the paperwork. I got an email stating that they are refunding the $49. But no mention of the refund of the rest of the money- down payment of $1,254. Will they be refunding the rest of the money? I am really stressed out right now.[/QU
I have a question. I sent the rescission letter to the address specified in the paperwork. I got an email stating that they are refunding the $49. But no mention of the refund of the rest of the money- down payment of $1,254. Will they be refunding the rest of the money? I am really stressed out right now.

Any updates? I also sent the rescission letter and got an email stating they were refunding the $49 but nothing said about the down payment of $1,254...have you heard anything else?

Marivel

Reaction score
Any updates?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Relax. They are obligated to process the rescission. However, they are NOT required to appraise you of the progress of the rescission. We know it is stressful, but can only say to give it some time. It can take up to 45 days (though usually a lot less) for a credit card refund to post. You just sent the letter less than 10 days ago. So use the time to read up on timeshares if the concept still interests you. Then when your money is safely back in your account, you can get back to planning a great vacation. That's the most fun anyway.

Patience.

Jim

John5127

Reaction score
I bought into a bluegreen timeshare he in Florida in may, just had time to rad everything and am finding out about the cancellation rules, they keep calling Mr to come back 2 weeks from now to finish paperwork, I signed a lot of stuff in may only to find ot I can't go to most places, or you have to check in on Saturday anyway, the paperwork I have says I have to cancel in 10 days or before I have all the proper documents. What documents would that be and is that what they want Me to come back for. Is there any way to still cancel? Thank you greatly.