• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual pass - DVC vs Florida

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a FL resident is also a DVC owner, which annual pass is best? Does Disney even give you a choice?

I know the DVC pass gives a 100.00 discount for the renewal. Does the FL Gold pass?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
If a FL resident is also a DVC owner, which annual pass is best? Does Disney even give you a choice?

I know the DVC pass gives a 100.00 discount for the renewal. Does the FL Gold pass?

I believe the price for the Gold pass is the same for Florida residents and DVC members, so it doesn’t matter which eligibility you choose to use. Same for the Platinum and Platinum Plus passes. However, Florida residents have access to a couple of passes that DVC members can’t buy - the passes are for after 4 PM and/or have additional blackout dates.

AllEars.net is my favorite source for information like this. Ticket prices can be found at http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/walt-disney-world-ticket-prices/.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the price for the Gold pass is the same for Florida residents and DVC members, so it doesn’t matter which eligibility you choose to use. Same for the Platinum and Platinum Plus passes. However, Florida residents have access to a couple of passes that DVC members can’t buy - the passes are for after 4 PM and/or have additional blackout dates.

AllEars.net is my favorite source for information like this. Ticket prices can be found at http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/walt-disney-world-ticket-prices/.

Thanks for that link, I have passed it on to my questioner. It appears the FL Gold pass renewal discount is the same as the DVC.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I'm DVC but not FL resident and we get the Gold Pass. If I were a Florida resident, I would get the Silver pass ($479 plus tax). It's cheaper and has the same blocked dates as the Gold ($609 plus tax), and also blocks out all of June and July, as well as beginning of August, but who wants to go then anyways? Also, as a FL resident, you can spread the payments out monthly if you want.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am DVC and I buy the Gold Pass. My brother (a FL resident) travels with us so I buy him and my kids the Weekday Select pass (which is around $300 cheaper than my Gold Pass.) They are blacked out of weekends, summer and then my typical black out holidays.

That has turned out to be a pain simply because now we have long Disney trips because of those weekend blackout days. That being said, I don't want to go during the summer or holidays anyway. And we really do need park free days. This type of pass saves me $1200/yr. I've looked at the next higher pass but that eliminates some parks at different times of year. I'd rather lose weekends than parks. And I typically shoot for 30-60 days on an annual pass. That is a lot of Disney.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
I'm DVC but not FL resident and we get the Gold Pass. If I were a Florida resident, I would get the Silver pass ($479 plus tax). It's cheaper and has the same blocked dates as the Gold ($609 plus tax), and also blocks out all of June and July, as well as beginning of August, but who wants to go then anyways? Also, as a FL resident, you can spread the payments out monthly if you want.
Thanks for that info..Have the DVC Gold Pass now, but starting Nov 1st when it expires we will be Fl residents. I will look into Silver pass. Looks like Silver Pass can be used starting August 9th this year.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Florida resident and always get the Weekday Select, which cost half as much the gold pass. As a Florida resident, you have many more options for APs.
As well as frequent FL resident special tickets that can be even cheaper.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I am Florida resident and always get the Weekday Select, which cost half as much the gold pass. As a Florida resident, you have many more options for APs.

Me too and this is the pass I buy now.
I don't want to be in the parks on the weekends anyway, as it's way too crowded.
Having the pass for weekdays works well for me. I just spend the weekends in
the resort pools or resort hopping and shopping.

This pass is about $300 so it's a "Disney bargain" compared to the others.
I am retired though so I don't have to work around school schedules.
The blackout dates aren't that bad either.
Buy it at AAA for a little discount.
Includes free parking and you get the passholder discounts.
If you eat alot at the table restaurants, buy the TIW card.
That gets you free valet parking.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/weekday-select-pass/purchase/

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
UUGH, lots of negative press about the price increase of Annual Pass! Glad we purchased ours in October, but there was just a price increase mid October. At least now, we will be looking at renewal prices. Disappointed to hear that yet another price increase went into effect yesterday! :(

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are so happy we bought our Gold Passes (DVC Members) last month. $90 increase per pass :( We are now set for 2019 and 2020.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It doesn't look like they increased the price of the Theme Park Select Pass, perhaps because it is effectively blocked out of Galaxies Edge until 2020.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They just announced a FL resident special for $219 plus tax for 4 days (non Park hopper & 1 park per day).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
They just announced a FL resident special for $219 plus tax for 4 days (non Park hopper & 1 park per day).
That is a reasonable price for Florida families!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a reasonable price for Florida families!
Over the years I've had a safe full of options including non expiring 7 & 10 tickets, seasonal passes, even previous FL specials that didn't have a drop dead rate, only a limit of 6 months once activated. More often than not we've gone and used similar FL resident specials that were better at the time and keep the other options for a later time.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • Platinum Plus: FL $999 (previously $849) / All $1,219 (previously $994)
  • Platinum: FL $899 (previously $749) / All $1,119 (previously $894)
  • Gold: FL $699 (previously $609)
  • Silver: FL $519 (previously $479)
  • Theme Park Select: $FL 439 (no price change)
  • Weekday Select: $FL 349 (previously $319)
  • Epcot After 4: FL $309 (previously $289)
  • Water Parks: $139 (previously $130)
  • Water Parks After 2: $89 (previously $79)
  • DVC Platinum Plus Pass: $999.00 (increase of $150)
  • DVC Platinum Pass: $899.00 (increase of $150)
  • DVC Gold Pass: $699.00 (increase of $90)
These are some pretty serious price increases. When we first bought DVC at the beginning of 2016, I want to say that the Gold Pass was like $539. Now the renewal rate for FL Weekday select is more than the new price was. And I bet that this really won't make a dent in the crowd levels.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But parking not included

Yup, another $100!

Also must be used by the end of August.
Parking has never been included in the 3-5 day FL resident passes or any other pass for a set number of days that I can recall including the 7 & 10 days non expiring passes. Parking is included if staying on property.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Parking has never been included in the 3-5 day FL resident passes or any other pass for a set number of days that I can recall including the 7 & 10 days non expiring passes. Parking is included if staying on property.
If staying on property, you now have to pay to park your car at the resorts. Anywhere from $15-$25 a night depending on which tier of resort you are staying at. Disney actually just increased the hotel parking prices too.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If staying on property, you now have to pay to park your car at the resorts. Anywhere from $15-$25 a night depending on which tier of resort you are staying at. Disney actually just increased the hotel parking prices too.
Not for DVC.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for clarifying. That is what happens when you try to correct a blanket statement with a blanket statement.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, the Florida Weekday select is still the best deal by a landslide.

I would be happy with either one. Wish they offered these deals to DVC Members......