• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott taking over ILG resorts and II

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And for clarification it is MVW who bought ILG, nothing to do with the Marriott or Hyatt hotel chains.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Even the story that was posted is from May 2018.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
There has been discussion that MVG may 'spin-off' II from their ILG acquisition as a result of restrictions being placed on what they can do with Interval International. For example, allegedly Marriott was told they cannot eliminate the non-Marriott II exchange fees for Marriott owners (which would have been a nice perk) because they cannot use II to create an advantage to Marriott owners of II accounts over non-Marriott owners of II accounts. Also, allegedly Marriott was told they could not relocate II from Miami to the Orlando area to consolidate call-center operations of II and MVCI for operational efficiency/cost reductions. If true, it would make sense to me to sell it off if there is no added benefit to Marriott (more than we already had w/exchange preferences) before they bought it. In short, I question if Marriott owners will see any added benefits from II now being owned by Marriott. This is all speculation based solely on verbal conversations.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
There has been discussion that MVG may 'spin-off' II from their ILG acquisition as a result of restrictions being placed on what they can do with Interval International. For example, allegedly Marriott was told they cannot eliminate the non-Marriott II exchange fees for Marriott owners (which would have been a nice perk) because they cannot use II to create an advantage to Marriott owners of II accounts over non-Marriott owners of II accounts. Also, allegedly Marriott was told they could not relocate II from Miami to the Orlando area to consolidate call-center operations of II and MVCI for operational efficiency/cost reductions. If true, it would make sense to me to sell it off if there is no added benefit to Marriott (more than we already had w/exchange preferences) before they bought it. In short, I question if Marriott owners will see any added benefits from II now being owned by Marriott. This is all speculation based solely on verbal conversations.
Have you ever exchanged into non Marriott resorts? If so how many times? I often wonder if I wasn’t enrolled in II would I really care? I literally only exchanged once, and that was an award certificate lol. My mother exchanged from harborside into Aruba Ocean Club once. There really was no advantage to owners or any preferential treatment within II, not counting the priority in your home network. someone just posted in the interval Facebook group a letter from II in Italian that they closed the Italian office. Don’t speak the language so no idea what it says and they didn’t translate so that was a waste lol

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever exchanged into non Marriott resorts? If so how many times? I often wonder if I wasn’t enrolled in II would I really care? I literally only exchanged once, and that was an award certificate lol. My mother exchanged from harborside into Aruba Ocean Club once. There really was no advantage to owners or any preferential treatment within II, not counting the priority in your home network. someone just posted in the interval Facebook group a letter from II in Italian that they closed the Italian office. Don’t speak the language so no idea what it says and they didn’t translate so that was a waste lol
It has just been translated.

“Dear Member,

We hereby inform you that as of 1 July 2019, Interval International services will be provided to you by specially trained Italian-speaking tourist consultants, directly from our European headquarters in London.

Customer service has always been of primary importance to our company and we are committed to continuing to provide you with the same level of service that we have always provided.

To make exchanges, book Getaways, renew and update your registration and more, you can call us at 02 72536333 - the same number you already know, at local rates.

You can also send us an e-mail to the address membershipservicesitaly@intervalintl.com.

Our opening hours will continue to be Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 18.00.

Don't forget that you can also take advantage of all our services and manage your account online at intervalworld.com.

As always we appreciate your registration and we will serve you in the future.

Sincerely
Registration Office
Interval International”

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It has just been translated.

“Dear Member,

We hereby inform you that as of 1 July 2019, Interval International services will be provided to you by specially trained Italian-speaking tourist consultants, directly from our European headquarters in London.

Customer service has always been of primary importance to our company and we are committed to continuing to provide you with the same level of service that we have always provided.

To make exchanges, book Getaways, renew and update your registration and more, you can call us at 02 72536333 - the same number you already know, at local rates.

You can also send us an e-mail to the address membershipservicesitaly@intervalintl.com.

Our opening hours will continue to be Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 18.00.

Don't forget that you can also take advantage of all our services and manage your account online at intervalworld.com.

As always we appreciate your registration and we will serve you in the future.

Sincerely
Registration Office
Interval International”
Consolidation. Gotcha

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Before the DC points program with Marriott, I would deposit regularly and take advantage of the short stay and XYZ exchange options with II. This enabled me to use 1 of my 3 BR lock-off units and get up to 24 nights of accommodations with it. Once I switched mostly to using DC points, I only use II to go to a location where there is no MVCI presence by exchanging into a non-Marriott property.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Before the DC points program with Marriott, I would deposit regularly and take advantage of the short stay and XYZ exchange options with II. This enabled me to use 1 of my 3 BR lock-off units and get up to 24 nights of accommodations with it. Once I switched mostly to using DC points, I only use II to go to a location where there is no MVCI presence by exchanging into a non-Marriott property.
Ah ok that makes sense. Hopefully you were able to stay at some decent resorts. I used to own harborside resort which had insane maint fees that exchanging to another resort was never worth the price I paid already for maint. That resort is nice because of Atlantis access but just as a resort its more of a motel with a pool LOL.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ah ok that makes sense. Hopefully you were able to stay at some decent resorts. I used to own harborside resort which had insane maint fees that exchanging to another resort was never worth the price I paid already for maint. That resort is nice because of Atlantis access but just as a resort its more of a motel with a pool LOL.

That is good info. Harborside is a property we have talked about visiting because of Atlantis amenities. Have seldom seen availability at a time we cou!d go in II.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
That is good info. Harborside is a property we have talked about visiting because of Atlantis amenities. Have seldom seen availability at a time we cou!d go in II.
Most people who go either hate it or like it. I happen to love it because I owned there and loved the Atlantis. You do have to schlep around a huge property and if you have a crap view you may not like it. It’s hard to get good views in your room. I don’t mind such a huge property but others don’t like getting on shuttle buses. Also, since they added a VAT it’s a huge increase in cost. The prices for food and drink are astronomical. I pack a cooler and bring my own alcohol and make lunch in the room and honestly I like that better. I can’t be eating greasy burgers everyday. That’s the plus about a TS. The kitchen comes in use for breakfast, making lunches to pack and after the beach snacks. Harborside seldom ever came up in interval because people either rented their weeks or went. With such high mf it wasn’t worth doing anything with it. It’s a good buy if you only want to go there every year in the high season, holidays and summer months. I have no problems at 8 months getting Memorial Day week which is my favorite time to go. Less crowds.