• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritts Resort

Jamerican71

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 bedroom at Tortuga reserved through RCI. I have a request through RCI for upgrade to Grand and plan to put in a request with Morritt's sales dept 10 days prior to my arrival. My question is are both buildings to the left and right of the check in both Tortuga? Is there a list somewhere of the upgraded units? Has anybody seen a RCI exchange get upgraded to oceanfront? Thank you!

Attachments

• Morritts Resort.pdf
    428 KB · Views: 34

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
The building to the left of check in (in your photo) is the Londoner and is the newest building. Most units in this building are given to owners and II deposits as it’s listed as a separate code in II.

The building to the right is the Wembly or Seaside building and was built after the Grand but the units have not been recently upgraded as the Grand has. Both of these buildings along with an additional older wooden ocean front building (incorrectly labeled in the photo as the Londoner) all belong to the Tortuga Club as far as RCI is concerned and the resort HOA.

There is not a published list of updated units, but the poolside units are currently being updated and many of them have been completed and are very nice! I would be very sure to at least make that your second request after oceanfront.

Unless you specifically know someone in sales, room requests should be made 2 weeks ahead of time to the Florida office that handles reservations and unit assignments. 800-447-0309

Good luck. Hope you have a great trip!

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
THANK YOU!!!

If I am reading correctly, my requests should be 1st choice: oceanfront and 2nd choice: renovated poolside -- is that correct?

Yes, I think that would be your best bet. They won’t guarantee it but others have posted after their trip that they did get an oceanfront unit. A lot will depend too on the time of year you are going. If it’s not high season (Jan-March) you have a better chance.