• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What does ROFR look like for the seller?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
...other than the fact that our broker listed our contract too low.

Do they still pull estoppel? From what I was told, they become the new closing company.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sold one of my contracts and Disney took it in ROFR. Disney became the new closing company but everything else in the contract remained the same (fees, commission, etc). I will say they take their good old sweet time to complete. We received our closing documents about 11 days before the final closing date listed on the original contract. Then, when we received the documents from Disney, there was an error so we had to have new documents sent out. Overall, it has been painless. But I think we would have closed sooner with an independent buyer other than Disney.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sold one of my contracts and Disney took it in ROFR. Disney became the new closing company but everything else in the contract remained the same (fees, commission, etc). I will say they take their good old sweet time to complete. We received our closing documents about 11 days before the final closing date listed on the original contract. Then, when we received the documents from Disney, there was an error so we had to have new documents sent out. Overall, it has been painless. But I think we would have closed sooner with an independent buyer other than Disney.

Did they charge you to pull their own estoppel?

We can't close for two months anyway but I'm thinking that it won't be as fast as if they didn't take it. It wasn't exactly a timeshare experience that I wanted to have under my belt. lol

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t see the estoppel listed explicitly on the breakdown for the transaction. But, I do see a $150 fee listed as First Reliable Transfers, processing fee. This is the same amount listed on the original contract for the estoppel fee. So yes, we are still being charged the estoppel fee.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
...other than the fact that our broker listed our contract too low.

Do they still pull estoppel? From what I was told, they become the new closing company.

@bendadin, don’t feel bad, Disney may have taken it for other reasons such as UY, residential unit the points came from, or factors we don’t even know exist. One of the resale brokers reports that they’ve taken over 20% of all the contracts that broker has handled in 2019, including as many as 30% from some resorts, and the ROFR thread on DISboards carries more than one instance of Disney passing on one contract and taking another at a higher price.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
@bendadin, don’t feel bad, Disney may have taken it for other reasons such as UY, residential unit the points came from, or factors we don’t even know exist. One of the resale brokers reports that they’ve taken over 20% of all the contracts that broker has handled in 2019, including as many as 30% from some resorts, and the ROFR thread on DISboards carries more than one instance of Disney passing on one contract and taking another at a higher price.

Yeah, I remember being worried when I bought my contracts. And while I was on the safer side of it this time, it is still a blah feeling. I saw the ranges of the contracts that Disney was taking back, while we were in that range, it was only 100 points with only 19 left for 2019 and their ROFR contracts tended to be larger. And they didn't even wait out the 30 days, either.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Yeah, I remember being worried when I bought my contracts. And while I was on the safer side of it this time, it is still a blah feeling. I saw the ranges of the contracts that Disney was taking back, while we were in that range, it was only 100 points with only 19 left for 2019 and their ROFR contracts tended to be larger. And they didn't even wait out the 30 days, either.

Yes, this year has been different for ROFR for sure. In the past it seemed that they wouldn’t take stripped contracts, now they do. Speculation is that since they can now change the UY to suit them, they’re taking contracts that help them fill requests from direct buyers quickly instead of maintaining wait lists.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this year has been different for ROFR for sure. In the past it seemed that they wouldn’t take stripped contracts, now they do. Speculation is that since they can now change the UY to suit them, they’re taking contracts that help them fill requests from direct buyers quickly instead of maintaining wait lists.

I think that the going rate for AKV is $199 on direct, so I can see why they would take it. I still have one 50 point direct. We bought that one after the resales. I wanted one solid contract that I could put my kids on so that they can buy their own AP. lol It gives me the membership for the DVC gold and parties, so I am good. I might now have to do the bank and borrow every three years to get a good stay out of my points. But now my kids are spoiled by Wyndham. So they don't want to stay in a value studio for 9 points. That was my fault, though. lol