• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two Spain MVC resorts

Bill4728

Reaction score
I know I should just forget this topic BUT I can't get this out of my head.

There are two MVC resorts on the SE coast of Spain Playa Andaluza and Marbella Beach Club
Why is Marbella Beach Club listed as being in Marbella and Playa Anduluza listed as being in Malaga when they both appear to be about 9 miles from Marbella? Also Playa Anduluza is on the far southwest of the city of Marbella and at least 50 miles from Malaga. Where Marbella beach Club south east of Marbella and is only 30 miles from Malaga?

Why aren't they both listed in Marbella?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
28682BC7-302C-4E6F-B829-2F367609E3F5.png
I know I should just forget this topic BUT I can't get this out of my head.

There are two MVC resorts on the SE coast of Spain Playa Andaluza and Marbella Beach Club
Why is Marbella Beach Club listed as being in Marbella and Playa Anduluza listed as being in Malaga when they both appear to be about 9 miles from Marbella? Also Playa Anduluza is on the far southwest of the city of Marbella and at least 50 miles from Malaga. Where Marbella beach Club south east of Marbella and is only 30 miles from Malaga?

Why aren't they both listed in Marbella?
I suspect just Marketing and as Marbella Beach Resort was the first MVC resort in Europe, perhaps it helped promote and locate it by association with Marbella?
As you correctly say, both resorts are well outside of Marbella town.
Marbella Beach Resort is slightly closer, but really only slightly and it is a good drive into town from either although easy to get to.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I suspect just Marketing and as Marbella Beach Resort was the first MVC resort in Europe, perhaps it helped promote and locate it by association with Marbella?
As you correctly say, both resorts are well outside of Marbella town.
Marbella Beach Resort is slightly closer, but really only slightly and it is a good drive into town from either although easy to get to.
Yes I can see that but I just can not understand why MVC would list Playa Andaluza as in Malaga when it is in fact no where near Malaga

answeeney

TUG Member
Reaction score
Malaga is a province of which the city of the same name is the capital. Technically, both resorts are in Malaga. I take your point about the distance to Marbella - it is a stretch to claim the resort is located there. Similarly, Playa is often referred to as being in Estepona but that is a long long walk too.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I can see that but I just can not understand why MVC would list Playa Andaluza as in Malaga when it is in fact no where near Malaga
Gotcha, I missed that point as I am so used to people asking about both resorts distance from Marbella.
As Answeeney says, both are in Malaga province and both are primarily accessed from Malaga Airport.
However, as Playa is that much further from Malaga it makes no sense at all to list it as being in Malaga.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
So what are these two resorts like? Any opinions? Thanks

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what are these two resorts like? Any opinions? Thanks
I'm going there next July with a family group of 10. We are booked into Playa with a 3b and a 2bd but I'm on a waitlist for Marbella. I've stayed a week at Marbella and really enjoyed it in 2006. If you want to go to Europe and you have enough points to stay in MVC TS's then this is really the best spot in Europe. There are lots of things to do even a trip to Africa. I won't go into details as I did that once before and was ostracized for my choice of entertainment.

Four grandkids coming with us and they are absolutely thrilled with going to Europe and Africa. As grandparent I have to say, it doesn't get much better than having your grandkids say " grampa, where are we going next year."

I own seven weeks in MVC, all bought developer, total cost about 150k. MVC made a lot of money off me. I got the best deal. All these kids that grew up going to Palm Beach, St Thomas, Europe and other places are going to be doing that with their Grandkids long after I'm gone. I definitely got the best deal.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going there next July with a family group of 10. We are booked into Playa with a 3b and a 2bd but I'm on a waitlist for Marbella. I've stayed a week at Marbella and really enjoyed it in 2006. If you want to go to Europe and you have enough points to stay in MVC TS's then this is really the best spot in Europe. There are lots of things to do even a trip to Africa. I won't go into details as I did that once before and was ostracized for my choice of entertainment.

Four grandkids coming with us and they are absolutely thrilled with going to Europe and Africa. As grandparent I have to say, it doesn't get much better than having your grandkids say " grampa, where are we going next year."

I own seven weeks in MVC, all bought developer, total cost about 150k. MVC made a lot of money off me. I got the best deal. All these kids that grew up going to Palm Beach, St Thomas, Europe and other places are going to be doing that with their Grandkids long after I'm gone. I definitely got the best deal.
We stay at both and have enjoyed both.
Either is a good base for touring the coastal and inland areas of Southern Andalucia.
Most people seem to prefer Marbella Beach Resort, which is the original, larger, with more facilities / activities and a little more available locally within walking distance.
We prefer Playa Andaluza, which is newer, smaller with for us more of an exclusive character feel.
It helps though that we own Sea Front there, which is not an option at Marbella Beach Resort.

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
We are going to Spain from mid-April to mid-May of next year. I have an ongoing search request with Interval for either of these resorts. Am I likely to get a match, given that I don't have a Marriott preference?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to Spain from mid-April to mid-May of next year. I have an ongoing search request with Interval for either of these resorts. Am I likely to get a match, given that I don't have a Marriott preference?
Easter Bank Holiday is 10th to 13th April next year, so late April to mid May I would have thought that you should have a fairly good chance.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club

Couldn’t agree with you more. Thanks for the report.