• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind Timeshare Contract Jockey Club Resorts

kk1521s

Reaction score
Thank you Karen.

As for the resort I bought it at does anything need to be sent there ?

Should I also send an email , in addition to the letters?

Lastly, once I send these letters out with certification , when will they get back to me ? Should I call and ask if they have received it?
They are obligated by contract to get me out right and reach out to me right ?

Should I contact my bank and credit card company too?

kk1521s

Reaction score
Thank you Karen.

As for the resort I bought it at does anything need to be sent there ?

Should I also send an email , in addition to the letters?

Lastly, once I send these letters out with certification , when will they get back to me ? Should I call and ask if they have received it?
They are obligated by contract to get me out right and reach out to me right ?

Should I contact my bank and credit card company too?
Just to add I am no longer in NV or AZ right now, I cannot hand deliver.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I think sending the letters to the address you have is sufficient. They may or may not get back to you. It's best not to talk to the sales team anyway because they may try to talk you out of rescinding or sell you something else. They aren't required by law to contact you but they are required to refund the money you paid them. It might take up to 45 days.

I think it is best to wait a bit before contacting your credit card company. Others have reported that disputing the charge delayed their refund. Once you've mailed your letter (and be sure to keep a copy of what you sent) and you have your receipt for certified mail, you can just relax and patiently wait for your refund.

kk1521s

Reaction score
I think sending the letters to the address you have is sufficient. They may or may not get back to you. It's best not to talk to the sales team anyway because they may try to talk you out of rescinding or sell you something else. They aren't required by law to contact you but they are required to refund the money you paid them. It might take up to 45 days.

I think it is best to wait a bit before contacting your credit card company. Others have reported that disputing the charge delayed their refund. Once you've mailed your letter (and be sure to keep a copy of what you sent) and you have your receipt for certified mail, you can just relax and patiently wait for your refund.

So I might not even get a formal confirmation that my contract is gone ?
The contract says (20 days) for the refund.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
That's correct about not getting a formal confirmation. If it says 20 days that all the better!

If the contract states 20 days for a refund and you haven't gotten a refund by then, you could then contact your credit card company and let them know you rescinded and have proof of mailing.

kk1521s

Reaction score
That's correct about not getting a formal confirmation. If it says 20 days that all the better!
Oh so thy won’t even contact me to confirm ? That worries me they have so much of my information..?

But they are supposed to refund everything and that’s how I know correct ?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh so thy won’t even contact me to confirm ? That worries me they have so much of my information..?

But they are supposed to refund everything and that’s how I know correct ?
Yes. I know it's hard not to be concerned and worried, but if you've followed the rescission instructions as written in your contract, you should be just fine.

kk1521s

Reaction score
Thank you Will. I have been talking to people in another forum as well.

I am still within the NV 5 day time period. When I called they had the audacity to give me the hand delivering address. Such scammers. I read my contract once more and found the ( image attached below).

Should I send to Sedona pines resort as well?
They gave the jockey club ( headquarters).

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Will. I have been talking to people in another forum as well.

I am still within the NV 5 day time period. When I called they had the audacity to give me the hand delivering address. Such scammers. I read my contract once more and found the ( image attached below).

Should I send to Sedona pines resort as well?
They gave the jockey club ( headquarters).

To cover yourself (and your peace of mind) send your Rescission Letters to all the addresses you have. Be sure to send every one via CERTIFIED MAIL. Save the Postmarked Receipts. All they care about is the actual day of mailing which is on your Postmarked Receipts.

REMEMBER, you only have so many days to do this. Do it first thing Wednesday morning!

Avoid emails and telephone calls from them as these phone calls "could be" a sales call trying to make you a better offer or talk you out of your rescission request.

Legally, they have to refund within 45 days, however it "could be" sooner if you are lucky.

Keep us all posted with results. Now go out and celebrate :cheer::banana::wave::hi::clap::whooopie:

kk1521s

Reaction score
To cover yourself (and your peace of mind) send your Rescission Letters to all the addresses you have. Be sure to send every one via CERTIFIED MAIL. Save the Postmarked Receipts. All they care about is the actual day of mailing which is on your Postmarked Receipts.

REMEMBER, you only have so many days to do this. Do it first thing Wednesday morning!

Avoid emails and telephone calls from them as these phone calls "could be" a sales call trying to make you a better offer or talk you out of your rescission request.

Legally, they have to refund within 45 days, however it "could be" sooner if you are lucky.

Keep us all posted with results. Now go out and celebrate :cheer::banana::wave::hi::clap::whooopie:

Thank you. Should I send a proof of my right to rescind as well? Again I don’t have to send anything to the resort i bought it right if it’s not in the contract? Should I send anything in the contract along with anything else in the contract?

Sorry ,

I don’t think I can stop mulling this until it’s all over and sent.

Also, I want to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens to anyone ever again. What can we do ?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I want to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens to anyone ever again. What can we do ?
Well, you could send $15 and actually JOIN TUG and a Member! It helps keep TUGBrian in Perrier and caviar. Everybody else is volunteers. (Just kidding). But semi seriously, as a Member, you get access to millions of reviews of thousands of resorts by other TUG Members- How does it get better than that? Oh, and access to sightings of rare resort availabilities and you get to post for sale/rent ads in the Marketplace. Such a deal! Membership is in here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/bulletin-board-help.248812/ somewhere.

Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You could include a copy of the first page of your contract if it shows what you bought, date, your signature, or any other pertinent info. Your letter can be very simple--just state that you are exercising your legal right to rescind your purchase and you expect a refund of all the money you paid. Have all parties who signed the contract sign the rescission letter.

As to what you can do to help others, stick around TUG. Post your experience if others come here asking the same questions. Be sure to post here when you get your money back. Learn all you can about how timeshares work. They can be great ways to enjoy vacations and make memories with your family. But, there are ways to acquire them that are cheaper than buying from the developer.

kk1521s

Reaction score
Well, you could send $15 and actually JOIN TUG and a Member! It helps keep TUGBrian in Perrier and caviar. Everybody else is volunteers. (Just kidding). But semi seriously, as a Member, you get access to millions of reviews of thousands of resorts by other TUG Members- How does it get better than that? Oh, and access to sightings of rare resort availabilities and you get to post for sale/rent ads in the Marketplace. Such a deal! Membership is in here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/bulletin-board-help.248812/ somewhere.

Jim
I will be sure to right after I get this all sorted out. Will keep you guys posted.
Thanks

kk1521s

Reaction score
You could include a copy of the first page of your contract if it shows what you bought, date, your signature, or any other pertinent info. Your letter can be very simple--just state that you are exercising your legal right to rescind your purchase and you expect a refund of all the money you paid. Have all parties who signed the contract sign the rescission letter.

As to what you can do to help others, stick around TUG. Post your experience if others come here asking the same questions. Be sure to post here when you get your money back. Learn all you can about how timeshares work. They can be great ways to enjoy vacations and make memories with your family. But, there are ways to acquire them that are cheaper than buying from the developer.
Thanks Karen. I am so glad I discovered this on time. Fingers crossed all goes through well. Sending out the letter first thing Wednesday morning.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

kk1521s ........ Be sure to follow the advice Karen G. gave you and you will be fine!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thanks @Karen G and @Passepartout for backing me up. I was afraid I would miss something in dispensing rescission advice.

kk1521s

Reaction score
Can i send out the post from any USPS post office? I am no longer in the state I bought it in.

The last line of this image document is throwing me off " 5 days after deposit of same in any united states post office box in the state to which the notice is addressed"
Can someone clarify this for me ?

Attachments

• nv.jpeg
    nv.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 62

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can send it from ANY post office. And that 5-day blah, blah, blah just means you have 5 days to mail it. Send it USPS Certified w/return receipt. You'll be fine.
The kicker:
In Nevada, you may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale for a timeshare purchase up until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date you signed the contract (Nev. Rev. Stat. § 119A.410(1)). The contract of sale must include a statement of the right to cancel.

Jim

Last edited:

kk1521s

Reaction score
You can send it from ANY post office. And that 5-day blah, blah, blah just means you have 5 days to mail it. Send it USPS Certified w/return receipt. You'll be fine.

Jim
I dont know this legal jargon is confusing me. Anyone send from a state they didn't buy in? My friend read this and is saying you must send from post office in NV and its just all so confusing?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know this legal jargon is confusing me. Anyone send from a state they didn't buy in? My friend read this and is saying you must send from post office in NV and its just all so confusing?

The Post Office is "The United States Post Office" not "The Nevada Post Office". That said, mail it from ANY Post Office today. Don't wait.

Use CERTIFIED MAIL and save the Postmarked Receipt.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Can i send out the post from any USPS post office? I am no longer in the state I bought it in.

The last line of this image document is throwing me off " 5 days after deposit of same in any united states post office box in the state to which the notice is addressed"
Can someone clarify this for me ?

The key word you overlooked is “delivered”. It has to be delivered to the Nevada po box, not “mailed” from said box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are overthinking this. Now just take a deep breath, prepare your letters to all the addresses you have, go to the post office, mail them by certified mail, and keep your receipts from the post office along with your copies of the letters. Relax! Lots of people on TUG have followed the provisions of their purchase contracts and successfully rescinded their purchases. You will, too, if you mail your letters today.

kk1521s

Reaction score
You are overthinking this. Now just take a deep breath, prepare your letters to all the addresses you have, go to the post office, mail them by certified mail, and keep your receipts from the post office along with your copies of the letters. Relax! Lots of people on TUG have followed the provisions of their purchase contracts and successfully rescinded their purchases. You will, too, if you mail your letters today.

So the seller address provided is a P.o. box and we can’t send certified mail there. Since we aren’t too too far we decided go into the office and give them the letter along with mail being sent to all 3 places.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the seller address provided is a P.o. box and we can’t send certified mail there. Since we aren’t too too far we decided go into the office and give them the letter along with mail being sent to all 3 places.
You certainly can send certified mail to a PO Box. Read this: https://www.certifiedmaillabels.com/faqs/can-you-send-usps-certified-mail-to-a-po-box

Going in person to deliver your letter is a bad idea. Are you going into the Jockey Club office in Las Vegas? Don't talk to anyone in the sales dept. because they may try to talk you out of rescinding.

What you decide to do is, of course, up to you. Please let us know what happens.

kk1521s

Reaction score
After talking it through with the family it seemed like the right decision to make. We bought it in AZ but need to go to headquarters in NV at the jockey club to make things right. I’m mailing all three recession letters signed by both of us out today either way.

Anyone know the hours for the jockey club office?
We are very aware of these sharks and their high pressure sales tactics we are not buying into anything after all this. We have established that we are saying nothing but “i’m not interested” and that we are exercising our legal right to cancel. I know two other members from years ago went in to hand deliver to this address to cancel this. Any advice , or anything about the hours?