• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Resorts Qualify for PIC

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
I've been reading some other threads about the PIC program and I'm uncertain as to what weeks would qualify? Any RCI weeks anywhere? I understand that the type of unit (2 or 3 bedroom) gets different point values for PIC purposes. We're currently in the process of taking a 308,000 Grand Desert week (originally bought from Fairfield) over from my wife's mother through the Ovations/Tribute process to maintain VIP Silver (grandfathered) and might look into VIP Gold. So, how do you go about identifying the RCI qualified week for PIC? Thanks.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Basically any non Wyndham week that can be deposited into RCI & not in a Resort or RCI points program.
Many weeks can be dropped from a points program you would just have to ask the resort where the week is at if it can be dropped out of the points program.

Usual recommendations
Stay with RCI Gold Crown Resorts
3+Bedroom, 4 Bedroom doesn’t get you more points but can be enrolled
Buy where you would stay yourself, hopefully that comes with low MFs
Buy higher demand weeks for easier exit it if you want out someday, resort that does deed backs would be ideal.

Some say the weeks have to be in your name, back when I did the weeks only needed to be under contract not transferred at the resort yet to be enrolled. That’s a bit of a gamble if you don’t actually end up with the week transferring

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Basically any non Wyndham week that can be deposited into RCI & not in a Resort or RCI points program.
Many weeks can be dropped from a points program you would just have to ask the resort where the week is at if it can be dropped out of the points program.

Usual recommendations
Stay with RCI Gold Crown Resorts
3+Bedroom, 4 Bedroom doesn’t get you more points but can be enrolled
Buy where you would stay yourself, hopefully that comes with low MFs
Buy higher demand weeks for easier exit it if you want out someday, resort that does deed backs would be ideal.

Some say the weeks have to be in your name, back when I did the weeks only needed to be under contract not transferred at the resort yet to be enrolled. That’s a bit of a gamble if you don’t actually end up with the week transferring

Recently, I was helping someone find a PIC week. They were working with a telesales rep I know. Apparently, they are being more picky about the resorts and/or weeks they let enroll. It sounds like they want weeks that have higher trading power. Some resorts were taken off the list entirely. The people who already had those enrolled, still have them enrolled. They just stopped accepting new enrollments for that resort. This is coming from just one office. That one office might be playing by different rules, but I don't think so. This is why I always say, talk to a telesales rep first about what qualifies, before bidding or buying anything.

Also, to add to your comment about risk, there is always a risk they will call the resort to check to see if you own it. If they have any reason to believe the owner might not own the week, they will call the resort. It would be best for the owner to have a copy of the deed handy, in case they contest it. If you don't have a deed, they can void the PIC enrollment, but you're still on the hook for the points you bought. So make sure your telesales rep knows upfront you do not own them yet, and just need help determining eligibility before you buy. Wyndham doesn't care if you got the week on eBay, according to a telesales rep. I guess because Wyndham gets the same rental income regardless of if it's retail or resale bought.

Some resorts can take months to transfer into your name, but a deed proves you own it. Deeds usually don't take that long if you have a decent closing company, but timelines can vary by county. Vacation villages are slow as molasses with ownership transfers. I had the deeds long before the transfer process finished.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Recently, I was helping someone find a PIC week. They were working with a telesales rep I know. Apparently, they are being more picky about the resorts and/or weeks they let enroll. It sounds like they want weeks that have higher trading power. Some resorts were taken off the list entirely. The people who already had those enrolled, still have them enrolled. They just stopped accepting new enrollments for that resort. This is coming from just one office. That one office might be playing by different rules, but I don't think so. This is why I always say, talk to a telesales rep first about what qualifies, before bidding or buying anything.

Also, to add to your comment about risk, there is always a risk they will call the resort to check to see if you own it. If they have any reason to believe the owner might not own the week, they will call the resort. It would be best for the owner to have a copy of the deed handy, in case they contest it. If you don't have a deed, they can void the PIC enrollment, but you're still on the hook for the points you bought. So make sure your telesales rep knows upfront you do not own them yet, and just need help determining eligibility before you buy. Wyndham doesn't care if you got the week on eBay, according to a telesales rep. I guess because Wyndham gets the same rental income regardless of if it's retail or resale bought.

Some resorts can take months to transfer into your name, but a deed proves you own it. Deeds usually don't take that long if you have a decent closing company, but timelines can vary by county. Vacation villages are slow as molasses with ownership transfers. I had the deeds long before the transfer process finished.

I've also recently found the same issue with PIC properties. I'm currently helping a close friend of mine with a Wyndham purchase with PICs. They are owners at the Plantation resort (now called Wyndham Plantation) in Surf City, SC near Myrtle Beach, and got caught up in some lies when attending the Wyndham update last week. He rescinded the deal after getting in touch with me since he wants VIP and the only way he can get it is via PIC without spending a fortune. During the course of our initial PIC investigations, we determined that both resorts where I currently have PIC properties, are no longer eligible for net new PIC contracts. As Richelle said, it may be tied to trade value at least in part, but in my investigation I found it's also tied to inventory amounts at any one resort. Once the amount of PIC inventory crosses a certain threshold, which may vary dependent upon the resort, Wyndham may no longer take net new PIC contracts for that resort. Those that have existing PIC properties should be fine, but anyone looking at those resorts for net new PIC properties/contracts may find those PIC properties are no longer eligible. So make sure you are working with someone in telesales to validate whatever PIC property you are looking at prior to making any purchase, otherwise you may find yourself stuck with a timeshare that you don't necessarily want that isn't PIC eligible.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've also recently found the same issue with PIC properties. I'm currently helping a close friend of mine with a Wyndham purchase with PICs. They are owners at the Plantation resort (now called Wyndham Plantation) in Surf City, SC near Myrtle Beach, and got caught up in some lies when attending the Wyndham update last week. He rescinded the deal after getting in touch with me since he wants VIP and the only way he can get it is via PIC without spending a fortune. During the course of our initial PIC investigations, we determined that both resorts where I currently have PIC properties, are no longer eligible for net new PIC contracts. As Richelle said, it may be tied to trade value at least in part, but in my investigation I found it's also tied to inventory amounts at any one resort. Once the amount of PIC inventory crosses a certain threshold, which may vary dependent upon the resort, Wyndham may no longer take net new PIC contracts for that resort. Those that have existing PIC properties should be fine, but anyone looking at those resorts for net new PIC properties/contracts may find those PIC properties are no longer eligible. So make sure you are working with someone in telesales to validate whatever PIC property you are looking at prior to making any purchase, otherwise you may find yourself stuck with a timeshare that you don't necessarily want that isn't PIC eligible.
Wow!! PICs that qualify has really changed since HitchHiker71 did theirs last summer.

Thanks for the correction, I definitely don’t want to lead people astray

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wow!! PICs that qualify has really changed since HitchHiker71 did theirs last summer.

Thanks for the correction, I definitely don’t want to lead people astray

We only found out about this recently. Within the past few weeks or so. Put the brakes on the deal for an owner I was helping. Took us both by surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
We only found out about this recently. Within the past few weeks or so. Put the brakes on the deal for an owner I was helping. Took us both by surprise.

Thank you all for the info. Nothing is ever too straight forward when dealing with this stuff. I’m not sure sure how far I’ll take it but wanted to explore it a little to do the cost/benefit analysis to see if it’s worth it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

To enroll two PICs, you need to buy 98,000 points. I know 105,000 goes for just over $16k. That would put you 86,000 points shy of platinum. If you can swing it, I say buy the 184,000 to go straight to platinum. I cannot be 100% sure, but that could run you between $22,000 and $25,000, depending on what specials they have going on. That’s my best guess. If I’m off, it won’t be by much.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
To enroll two PICs, you need to buy 98,000 points. I know 105,000 goes for just over $16k. That would put you 86,000 points shy of platinum. If you can swing it, I say buy the 184,000 to go straight to platinum. I cannot be 100% sure, but that could run you between $22,000 and $25,000, depending on what specials they have going on. That’s my best guess. If I’m off, it won’t be by much.

Thanks for the numbers. We're still in the transfer process, so will take a look at it after that.