• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seriously Considering HRC Resale Purchase - Questions?

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything is points. When you go to trade with interval it asks you how many points you want to search with. Its a generic Hyatt search regardless of what week is on your deed. Hyatt pulls top tier in II but you cant trade back into a Hyatt with II.

View attachment 13462

I thought II had a secretive formula to determine the value of the week you trade in and then depending on the value they determined what inventory they show you (all done by software) and then that’s when points come in. Only after their formulas had determined the value of your week to comparable inventory.

What you are saying is that my Maui Christmas week has the same value in II as any other Hyatt Diamond week. Does not seem right?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
AFAIK Hyatt points coming from a Diamond 3br Maui Christmas week and from a studio mountain mud season week, have no distinction in II whatsoever and can see the same exchange inventory.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok all about points inside and outside.

Internally within Hyatt, can I put in a request for multiple locations/weeks before I move into CUP period? Or they won’t confirm unless I decline my home resort first.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The number of requests is not limited. Irrespective of the number of requests you make, when one of them becomes available various criteria must be met:
- You are first on the request list (or there is no request list)
- You have sufficient points to fill the request
- The credit card you provided when making the request is valid

If you have not confirmed usage of your HRPP owned unit-week, those points will be used. Accordingly, your HRPP status will end and your owned unit-week will become available to HRC members. You don't have to take any action on HRPP confirmation. Any balance of points will remain in CUP.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok all about points inside and outside.

Internally within Hyatt, can I put in a request for multiple locations/weeks before I move into CUP period? Or they won’t confirm unless I decline my home resort first.

You can put in multiple locations/weeks requests during HRPP or CUP - you do not have to decline your home resort to make the multiple requests. If one of your requested locations/weeks becomes available during your HRPP period, the Hyatt system will automatically convert your HRPP week to CUP and use those points to confirm your requested reservation. If you do not reserve your home resort 6 months prior to it's check in date, the week will automatically move from HRPP to CUP.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sapper, I'm curious what the same search would show for results at coconut plantation and wild oak ranch.

In a past thread I've read that owning at a particular club does not help with trading for another property at that club. For example, I own a 1 bedroom at Carmel, but I've heard that wouldn't enable me to have preference in getting a 2 bedroom at Carmel (preference over non-Carmel Hyatt owners).

I know this post was about a week ago, but I own a Carmel and I see many more than 48 units available. Thus, I'm wondering if that particular convention wisdom is incorrect. Specifically, if you own at a particular club and club owners at that club convert their points to II early (or exchange their week), wouldn't that property be visible to other club members at that resort but not club members at the other resorts until the HRPP expires?

Our of curiosity, can someone who doesn't own at Carmel tell me how many units they see today when they search for all nights, any unit type with the parameters 8-24-19 to 8-23-20.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
In a past thread I've read that owning at a particular club does not help with trading for another property at that club. For example, I own a 1 bedroom at Carmel, but I've heard that wouldn't enable me to have preference in getting a 2 bedroom at Carmel (preference over non-Carmel Hyatt owners).

I know this post was about a week ago, but I own a Carmel and I see many more than 48 units available. Thus, I'm wondering if that particular convention wisdom is incorrect. Specifically, if you own at a particular club and club owners at that club convert their points to II early (or exchange their week), wouldn't that property be visible to other club members at that resort but not club members at the other resorts until the HRPP expires?

Our of curiosity, can someone who doesn't own at Carmel tell me how many units they see today when they search for all nights, any unit type with the parameters 8-24-19 to 8-23-20.
76 but some are for 1 night

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

The only type of owner preference I have ever heard of is at Aspen, and it’s not availability, but preferential room assignment. Ie, an Aspen owner using points for booking (not their owner unit week) will get a better room assignment than a non-Aspen owner. I own at Carmel as well, and have asked if the same thing applies there... ie, will I get an ocean view vs a garden view, and the answer was first booked gets first choice.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Do you pay the Hyatt club dues every year if you only own on EOY unit? I suspect so but wanted to confirm that. We are considering an EOY Pinon Point Gold season worth 1,880 points. Any other insights would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Mike

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you pay the Hyatt club dues every year if you only own on EOY unit? I suspect so but wanted to confirm that. We are considering an EOY Pinon Point Gold season worth 1,880 points. Any other insights would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Mike

Club dues, yes - maintenance fees, no. I think club dues are around $157 right now. Personally I would prefer 2,000 or 2,200 points to get nominal trading power.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
With over 750 HRC weeks sold in 17 years allow me to answer your questions;

I have been considering a HRC purchase for about a year now. Wasn't willing to pull the trigger because of not fully understanding how the new system would impact HRC....Anyways, I believe I'm ready, looking at two different properties (Wild Oaks or Beach House). I'm considering buying a diamond fixed week 2bdr/2bath. So can you please provide feedback/suggestions/answers to the following:

1) The website where I found the unit does not have the best reviews. Most of the bad reviews are from people who paid significant amount to list property. I'm buying from them (SMTN or Timeshare Broker Services) so this should not be a serious concern to me, correct? I mean ultimately it would benefit the seller who paid if I buy it? How do I protect myself, my personal information and my money in this case if I have to do everything through them? How bad are they if I'm in the "buyer" side?
*I suggest that their prices are almost always much higher than the current market which is how they get some sellers to pay them a lot of money for an ad; Broker do not charge up front and provide sellers with the real market value
2) Just curious, Is a Christmas or New Years diamond week worth more internally in HRC exchange and II external exchange than a regular diamond week?
*NO HRC Points are points and even two low season weeks owned can provide the points for a Diamond week which I did this year with my two 1,400 points weeks to get a week in Maui using 1,400 from one and 800 from another

3) Can HRC sell the property and take it out of the HRC system? How are we protected against that? I only see 15 now but it seems I keep reading about 16? At one point was it 18? What happened?
ALL current HRC resorts are still in the HRC program. ONLY 9 are in the (very expensive) HPP / Portfolio Points program with no deeded week ownership and sell for about $21. per point
4) Does HRC include any bonus time usage?
Through II you get their quarterly GetAways
5) Does HRC have a program to rent units on behalf of owners? What are the % fees?
Yes, fees are usually quoted at 40% but there is no guarantee of price or the number of days they get rented is what I've heard

6) With a diamond week, how are the exchanges (availability) to other diamond weeks at other resorts? i.e. in the last twelve months about a 80% success rate, 50%, 20% ...on a down trend?
Completely variable based on Resort & more putting their requests in up to 18 months ahead; doubt any real info is available from any resort
7) How can I exchange into other Hyatt resorts that are not part of the HRC list?
All HRC resorts can be traded in to; not sure what 'not part of the HRC list you mean. IF hotels then no exchange from resales but the conversion is so unfavorable that it rarely if even would make sense to do this.
8) Where can I find the fees (if any) if I want to give or rent my week to family or friends?
Guest certificate is $30
9) Looking at Wild Oaks and Beach House...Are they fully sold out? When was the last time they were renovated?
There is NO developer weeks for sale at ANY HRC; Beach House was 100% sold out and has about 98% of their inventory in HRC as few have been ought back by Hyatt in the almost 3 years since HPP started
Wild Oak Ranch has the most percentage of inventory in HPP vs. all other resorts since it never sold out and can build more buildings to support HPP
10) It seems maint fees go up 3-7% every year, correct? What about after renovations?
Dues vary by every reason at every timeshare; insurance deductible rates are being accounted for in 2020 so dues vary;
Hyatt has never had a special assessment' but every timeshare can.
Let me know how I can help you find the best match and value.
BillGabrielli@me.com

Thank you all, this website is awesome.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold

Best regards.

Mike
Every other year / Biennial dues are the full amount for the year owned and $159 for the other years for Hyatt and Interval membership.
BillGabrielli@me.com

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
I am seriously considering HRC but have few questions about the booking system. If you own week 17 (as example) can you book a stay now beyond week 17 ( like summer) ? Or since the CUP phase expires on week 17, you can’t book beyond that, but can only book 60 days prior to a summer week (LCUP) ? Thanks

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
I have been considering a HRC purchase for about a year now. Wasn't willing to pull the trigger because of not fully understanding how the new system would impact HRC....Anyways, I believe I'm ready, looking at two different properties (Wild Oaks or Beach House). I'm considering buying a diamond fixed week 2bdr/2bath. So can you please provide feedback/suggestions/answers to the following:

1) The website where I found the unit does not have the best reviews. Most of the bad reviews are from people who paid significant amount to list property. I'm buying from them (SMTN or Timeshare Broker Services) so this should not be a serious concern to me, correct? I mean ultimately it would benefit the seller who paid if I buy it? How do I protect myself, my personal information and my money in this case if I have to do everything through them? How bad are they if I'm in the "buyer" side?
2) Just curious, Is a Christmas or New Years diamond week worth more internally in HRC exchange and II external exchange than a regular diamond week?
3) Can HRC sell the property and take it out of the HRC system? How are we protected against that? I only see 15 now but it seems I keep reading about 16? At one point was it 18? What happened?
4) Does HRC include any bonus time usage?
5) Does HRC have a program to rent units on behalf of owners? What are the % fees?
6) With a diamond week, how are the exchanges (availability) to other diamond weeks at other resorts? i.e. in the last twelve months about a 80% success rate, 50%, 20% ...on a down trend?
7) How can I exchange into other Hyatt resorts that are not part of the HRC list?
8) Where can I find the fees (if any) if I want to give or rent my week to family or friends?
9) Looking at Wild Oaks and Beach House...Are they fully sold out? When was the last time they were renovated?
10) It seems maint fees go up 3-7% every year, correct? What about after renovations?

Thank you all, this website is awesome.
Thank you
Lots of great questions
I’m a licensed broker and Prior Hyatt Residence Club sales experience with over 850 Hyatt weeks alone sold in 18 years.
ive owned and used my Hyatt ownerships

(Part of post removed that is better done by private conversation)

Last edited by a moderator:

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Some resorts do charge a split week fee like High Sierra, but Highlands Inn does not. I don't have units with lockoff.

My two cents are:

1. Use myresortnetwork.com to establish pricing

2. Keep an eye on annual fees, then points, then price. I bought based on maximizing points/annual fees in my price range.

3. Personally I had two great experiences with broker Bill Gabrielli on the buy side.

Good luck!
Thank you!
Much appreciated and I hope all is well
Bill

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am seriously considering HRC but have few questions about the booking system. If you own week 17 (as example) can you book a stay now beyond week 17 ( like summer) ? Or since the CUP phase expires on week 17, you can’t book beyond that, but can only book 60 days prior to a summer week (LCUP) ? Thanks
So to keep it simple, it runs a year ahead. So if you want a week after 17, you would use next years points to book that. Once you give up your home unit, then you can book one year ahead. So you would give up your 2022 week 17 on or after 2021 week 17 and book 2021 week 26 (as an example) with it. Since it falls after your 2021 week 17 you are going into next years points. So the first year you own you may have to make another plan with those points like eee deposit or possibly deal with lcup problems. Hopefully if you do, it will only be the once, and then you will learn how to use it Beginning next year.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
So to keep it simple, it runs a year ahead. So if you want a week after 17, you would use next years points to book that. Once you give up your home unit, then you can book one year ahead. So you would give up your 2022 week 17 on or after 2021 week 17 and book 2021 week 26 (as an example) with it. Since it falls after your 2021 week 17 you are going into next years points. So the first year you own you may have to make another plan with those points like eee deposit or possibly deal with lcup problems. Hopefully if you do, it will only be the once, and then you will learn how to use it Beginning next year.
Well,
You CAN book for example a week 26, 2021 with your 2021 CUP points up to the start of week 17, 2021. You can book up to one year out with CUP points; or after week 17 you can book for the next 6 months with the LCUP/ Limited points then you must book 60 days or less from occupancy.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well,
You CAN book for example a week 26, 2021 with your 2021 CUP points up to the start of week 17, 2021. You can book up to one year out with CUP points; or after week 17 you can book for the next 6 months with the LCUP/ Limited points then you must book 60 days or less from occupancy.
Well, yes, but I was trying to simplify it for him. That was why I just left it as “running into lcup problems”, for a first time user it’s a lot to absorb.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Thanks for all the great info..

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Well, yes, but I was trying to simplify it for him. That was why I just left it as “running into lcup problems”, for a first time user it’s a lot to absorb.
:) yes it is; even after selling Hyatt for 18 years I know that

cfabar1

Reaction score
Hello, What are the differences between buying new and buying used with HRC? Will I still be able to exchange points, stay at other resorts, etc. if I bought a week or two of points at Bonita Springs for example.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, What are the differences between buying new and buying used with HRC? Will I still be able to exchange points, stay at other resorts, etc. if I bought a week or two of points at Bonita Springs for example.
Biggest difference is you can’t convert HRC points to Hyatt points however most feel this is a low value proposition anyways. Yes you can do the other things you mentioned, but to clarify you are buying a deeded week which can be converted to points for internal exchanges or transferred to II for external exchanges.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
[great questions
Same exact benefits with only exception is no world of Hyatt hotel
Option that is br far the lowest value trade in timeshare.
I also think this is the best timeshare for interval international trading plus, of course, trading in any Hyatt Residence Club. Bill

QUOTE="cfabar1, post: 2541373, member: 125869"]
[/QUOTE]