• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando Stay Cypress Point vs. Grand Beach

gdrj

Reaction score
For 2 adults which resort would you stay at? Reviews on Trip Advisor seem to favor Grand Beach. I have not stayed at either resort.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
For 2 adults which resort would you stay at? Reviews on Trip Advisor seem to favor Grand Beach. I have not stayed at either resort.

While you state only 2 adults would be going, I would not book a studio (Cypress Pointe) or a 1 bdrm (Grand Beach). CP has no kitchen in their studios and GB has no balcony for the 1 bdrm units. The 2 bdrm units at both resorts are good. If looking at a 2 bdrm unit I would book Grand Beach over Cypress Pointe though CP will be cheaper in costs. CP is closer to getting to Disney property (if that is your reason for going) than GB. Overall both resorts are nice but GB is slightly nicer.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Grand Beach is a much nicer property, as reflected in the points costs. Its away from the action though, if you like walking around.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Cypress Pointe as it is walkable to many restaurants as well as Disney Springs.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
No elevators in Cypress Pointe condo buildings -- got to walk up 2 or 3 flights of stairs unless you get a ground-floor unit.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

mbinpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
As others have said, Cypress Point is within walking distance of plenty of places to eat and closer to the parks. Grand Beach is just off the main road, but on a less developed stretch. Cypress Point has more swimming pools and a much larger lounge area poolside, Grand Beach seems quieter. If staying at the Grand Beach, make sure you ask for a room that faces the lake, otherwise you are overlooking electric substation and scrub land. If taking kids, I like Cypress Point, and when going with my SO or another adult couple I prefer the Grand Beach.