• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this a good price?

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
Hello

Would you consider one of the Orlando resorts 2br Platinum 7k points. for 4000$ all closing costs included. MF is around 1550 yearly. 2019 pts not used. Estoppel is current.

First buy would like that price for a Vegas property but none available :)

Thx in advance

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy-in price is reasonable, but MF ratio is very high. Better to wait for Vegas.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
There are a few Vegas for sale on Redweek for Paradise but buy-in is closer to $1 a point. Also check Ebay for Elara and Paradise. Better MF ratio.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@pharmacistking sounds like you are seeking a deep discount vs. a fair deal. Both are fine approaches with a trade off of time vs. money.

How long do you intend to keep the unit? When do you want to start using? Those will drive your MF vs. Buy-in breakeven balance.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
2019 points; you may not get it. Depend how quickly the broker can close your deal, HGVC is very slow on the ROFR and transfer. Last day to bank 2019 points is Dec 31th. MF $15500 too high, I have two contracts 7,000 points MF $1,180 and 9600 point for $1126.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I know but the buy-in plus closing is high. As there been a thread on recup time from the better mf?

$4000 up front sounds great, but figure you’re paying around $500 more per year over a long haul for MF. You can get 7000 platinum points for 2/3 or maybe 1/2 that MF cost (excluding Hawaii, Trump and the ski places)).

$1500+ MF will be much more difficult to sell long term, I think. But others more experienced than I can weigh in on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The HGVC market seems slow right now because of the uncertainty with Apollo/Diamond and end of year MF looming. There are two 7k Vegas units that were asking in $6k range for Elara and Paradise in the unsold section of Ebay. (check the box for Sold" to see them.) Both have MF in the $888 - $1050 which is about $500 less per year than FL. Why don't you check out and if they meet your needs then contact the seller and make an offer lower than the asking price that did not sell? Worse they can say is "No" so you have little to lose. YMMV.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I have heard of people who go down the list in Redweek with lowball offers to sellers. Who knows? Maybe someone is tired of waiting and wants out? This works particularly well when there are multiple units available.

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
I have heard of people who go down the list in Redweek with lowball offers to sellers. Who knows? Maybe someone is tired of waiting and wants out? This works particularly well when there are multiple units available.
This is definitely part of my game. :) I have found the unsold units you were talking about. Will keep the group posted on the search.