• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Grand Desert 126k odd

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
126k odd year
Buyer to pay $299 transfer fee plus $215 deed prep and recording fees

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
What is the MF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t imagine @dgalati and @bendadin coming to a deal. :p
Ovations may be a better option if they want to give it to Wyndham for $0 without paying any closing costs. Many may not want to pay maintenance fees for up to 1 year without points available until 2021. Good thing is account will not go negative with Ovations or on a private party sale if transfer is in a even year.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
If first use year starts 2021 would you consider $1 seller pays all closing and resort transfer fees?

Do you stalk me?? Honestly, every thread I open you cause SO MUCH DRAMA that it gets locked. You really need to find a better use of your time.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As @dgalati is offering you $1, I will offer you $5 with your covering transfer and closing costs. I’m not a big fan of paying eight months of MF while waiting for the next year to use the TS.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
As @dgalati is offering you $1, I will offer you $5 with your covering transfer and closing costs. I’m not a big fan of paying eight months of MF while waiting for the next year to use the TS.

How can you think that your words aren't attacking people?

You and the other one are very blatantly telling people that they should only get free resales PERIOD. So it goes to reason that in your opinion, anyone who owns anything more than a free resale is a fool. Yet then the two of you go on to preach EXPLOITATION of VIP owners touting to rent from a VIP at their MF rate and obtain their discounts and upgrades. And then there is this little strips the points and push them back to Wyndham game which as history as clearly shown, is an excellent way to be shown the door. Seems unETHICal to me, if ETHICS are at all important to you.

"The cheap comes out expensive" can be really appropriate in the timeshare world. What you call "excellent deals" I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

So it appears that your average MF plus program fee is around $6.11/k. My MF average is more like $5.05. So in one year at your rate for the points that I spent would have cost you $9604 while it cost me $7939. BUT in actuality the additional point value with my discounts and upgrades cost me $0 whereas it would have cost you an additional $17,775. And I have a small potatoes account.

Do not call a VIP stupid or foolish. It is condescending. Rescission and resale is not always the answer.

And stop calling me a lawyer. I've never said that I was a lawyer. Seriously, you almost cannot be more wrong.

And this property is no longer available. I'll just keep it the whole $28/month that it costs me. Not to mention that my husband's mother is on that deed so I can send her places with my discounts and upgrades with no guest certificate.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How can you think that your words aren't attacking people?

You and the other one are very blatantly telling people that they should only get free resales PERIOD. So it goes to reason that in your opinion, anyone who owns anything more than a free resale is a fool. Yet then the two of you go on to preach EXPLOITATION of VIP owners touting to rent from a VIP at their MF rate and obtain their discounts and upgrades. And then there is this little strips the points and push them back to Wyndham game which as history as clearly shown, is an excellent way to be shown the door. Seems unETHICal to me, if ETHICS are at all important to you.

"The cheap comes out expensive" can be really appropriate in the timeshare world. What you call "excellent deals" I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

So it appears that your average MF plus program fee is around $6.11/k. My MF average is more like $5.05. So in one year at your rate for the points that I spent would have cost you $9604 while it cost me $7939. BUT in actuality the additional point value with my discounts and upgrades cost me $0 whereas it would have cost you an additional $17,775. And I have a small potatoes account.

Do not call a VIP stupid or foolish. It is condescending. Rescission and resale is not always the answer.

And stop calling me a lawyer. I've never said that I was a lawyer. Seriously, you almost cannot be more wrong.

And this property is no longer available. I'll just keep it the whole $28/month that it costs me. Not to mention that my husband's mother is on that deed so I can send her places with my discounts and upgrades with no guest certificate.

1) I don’t preach just free resales. The other time, I advised someone to get a $10k DVC resale because he wanted only Disney, which you called bad advice. Another time, I told someone if they wanted VIP, they should get Wyndham telesales and PIC. Although I like Dom, we don’t have the same positions.

2) if someone plans to own Wyndham long-term (ie 10 years), VIP is the better deal. I don’t think VIP is foolish or stupid, but just for those with long-term Wyndham plans.

3) Most who rescind aren’t TS hobbyists and don’t buy the “small potato” TSs of $8k/yr in MF. Heck, they probably would only spend $1k/yr in Mf, $2k/yr at the most. As they are seeking financial advice on Ts, unless they really want VIP, how can we ethically put them into the path of VIP ownership?

4) If I find out I don’t need the ARP for Ocean Walk during Bike Week, Star Island during Disney Christmas, or CWA, I will give them back via Ovations.

5) I’m still waiting for the posts in which I have bullied people.

6) I thought CPNY said you’re a lawyer, as reflected below.

Attachments

• 87A6585A-A893-42C8-BAFA-67A1F73C56F2.png
    87A6585A-A893-42C8-BAFA-67A1F73C56F2.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: