• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKOVRN remodel

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
They used to have some drawers where they stored the pots and pans where the oven is now. It will be interesting to see where they put all the stuff that was in those drawers.
They said they had a couple of ideas, but didn't elaborate.

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
At the pool this morning and building 5 ocean view top floor is occupied. Looks like about a 3 week turnaround.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
As @maui-or-bust said, top floor of Building 5 now occupied. Construction active on floors 2-5 now.

TxIceMan

Reaction score
Are any of the remodels done? If so, which buildings? Arriving in Maui tomorrow and would definitely prefer a newly remodeled room. Currently booked in a studio (Although hoping for an upgrade at check-in!).

Also, Would you recommend staying North or South?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Are any of the remodels done? If so, which buildings? Arriving in Maui tomorrow and would definitely prefer a newly remodeled room. Currently booked in a studio (Although hoping for an upgrade at check-in!).

Also, Would you recommend staying North or South?

Building 5 (North) Floor 6 is complete. Looks like they'll have floor 5 complete any day. Working on all other floors.

Not sure what the occupancy is but with the bulk of one building out of service your likelihood of an upgrade may be diminished.

Jase415

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Here now, and while we’re not in building 5 the rest of our family is, in a refreshed unit on the top floor. Looks like floors 3 through 6 are done, at least at the pool end. Closer to the lobby, plus all floors above the lobby, are being renovated.

The new look is nice but not overly different. Others have posted photos but I’ll add my color commentary: Basically, just new paint, carpet, and furniture. A new headboard in the bedroom looks great. In the living room, the separate sofa + chaise lounge is gone, and instead you get an L shaped sectional. TVs are wall mounted now, but who ever turns them on?? There’s some nice new artwork. Patio furniture is darker with nice blue accents and a round table, but inconsistent in how many chairs you get — some one bedroom balconies have only 2 chairs, others have the 4 you’d expect. Perhaps they ran out and are waiting for the next shipment to arrive.

Bathrooms are the same. A shame they didn’t install new toilets or add more storage in the showers.

Reactions: LJT

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Anyone know if building one ground floor units are being renovated before Christmas?

There is no Building 1 at WKORVN. That would be the south property (WKORV). WKORVN only has Buildings 5 - 8.

Jase415

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
They’re working on the ground floor units of building 5 now, so I’d assume they’ll be done well before Christmas.

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We came in last Friday Building 5, 4th floor.

Room reeked of paint and new carpet took 2 days to go away.

Small touches that need to be fixed. Also they did not replace outlets or covers. I usually do when I remodel, makes for a cleaner look. (Or I clean the grim off them at least) some covers have paint on them like they painted around them. One is missing.

I traded in with our SDO, so I am very happy.IMG_5944.JPG IMG_5944.JPG IMG_5945.JPG

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We came in last Friday Building 5, 4th floor.

Room reeked of paint and new carpet took 2 days to go away.

Small touches that need to be fixed. Also they did not replace outlets or covers. I usually do when I remodel, makes for a cleaner look. (Or I clean the grim off them at least) some covers have paint on them like they painted around them. One is missing.

I traded in with our SDO, so I am very happy.View attachment 14528 View attachment 14528 View attachment 14529

Would you be able to post photos of the finished interior product?

Vacationlvrs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN (Annual Island View 2 Weeks)
Westin KORVN (EOY Odd Ocean Front Week
1 week)
We just returned from a week at the Westin Nanea (we're owners at Westin KORVN, but reserved too late). We asked for a tour of the remodeled units in the Westin KORVN and were able to get into one of the completed ones in Building 5.

There is now a full-sized refrigerator in the studio units as well as the one-bedroom units. The studio units also have a small bump out now near the sliding glass door which has a small round table and 2 chairs. The staff member who took us to see the unit said that they had had complaints that when the sofa bed in the studio was extended that it was difficult to get around the end so the added room should help that. The studio units now have KING beds instead of the original queen beds.

The full functional ovens in the one bedroom look similar to the ones in the Nanea. The lighter colors make the rooms look larger. The studio balcony had 2 chairs and a table and the one bedroom balcony had 4 chairs and a table. There doesn't seem to be enough room on the one bedroom balcony to add the 2 extra chairs to seat 6 for dinner. The halls had some nice pictures of old Hawaii.

They were also renovating some of the rooms on the first floor of Building 7 in the Westin Nanea. (I'm not sure whether the renovations included more than paint and cosmetic décor.)

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The studio units now have KING beds instead of the original queen beds.

Do you recall if the studio units still have the fold out couch that can be made into a bed? or did they remove that to allow for the king sized bed? When we stayed last summer there was a bed and couch but I don't recall if the bed was a king or queen. I hope they kept the fold out couch because we need two separate beds if one of our kids or nieces joins us.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The studio units now have KING beds instead of the original queen beds.

The Studio units at WKORVN have had King beds since at least 2013. I've owned since construction but only have proof as of March 2013.

Last edited:

boisebruin

Reaction score
Just checked into 5504 a fifth floor studio unit and it has been newly remodeled. Layout is the same and the sofa bed is still here. A nicer, updated look. New fridge, dishwahser and stove top, all new furniture. USB plugs on each night stands. Overall nicely done.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Vacationlvrs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN (Annual Island View 2 Weeks)
Westin KORVN (EOY Odd Ocean Front Week
1 week)
Do you recall if the studio units still have the fold out couch that can be made into a bed? or did they remove that to allow for the king sized bed? When we stayed last summer there was a bed and couch but I don't recall if the bed was a king or queen. I hope they kept the fold out couch because we need two separate beds if one of our kids or nieces joins us.

Yes, there is a fold out sofa bed, but it looks like a full size (or at most a queen) in addition to the king bed in the studio unit.

They had queen beds in the studio when we stayed there in 2009 and 2011, so I'm not sure when they changed those up to the king sized beds in the studios that they have now.

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
Can anyone confirm if the ground floor of building five has been completed?
Yes. We left there on the 6th of November and people were staying in bldg 5 1st floor rooms and they were working on building #6.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any more recent thread - any updated pics posted of how the new rooms look? Are they the same as what's being rolled out at South? We haven't stayed at North in 5 years and looking at next summer.