• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Eplus strategy

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received a prompt and helpful email from Mark. This is the relevant excerpt:

Thank you for your email and for the thorough explanation. When you use

all three E-Plus retrades, you are left with a few options. You may

keep the current confirmation and use it yourself or allow a guest to

use it. You may also complete a standard retrade to another resort and

date (taking into consideration how close you are to the current check

in date). The option of a standard retrade would require the full

exchange fee to complete. Finally, you can cancel your confirmation

and receive a replacement week good for one year from the day you cancel

your current confirmation. As you indicated, this replacement week

requires a fee to redeem and may be restricted based on when you cancel

the current confirmation.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
As you indicated, this replacement week

requires a fee to redeem and may be restricted based on when you cancel

the current confirmation.
You can also added eplus to the replacement week.

LWiZ1957

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Town Center
Need a little help. This is my first time fully using my E-Plus. Normally, it has been one trade to get to the week I wanted. My original week check-in was 25 May 19. I traded out to 21 Jul 19 and then to 18 Sep 19. I am trying to get to a check-in of 21 or 22 Dec 19. Having one re-trade left I am not quite sure what move to make in order to get to a check-in date of 21/22 Dec 19; any suggestions?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Need a little help. This is my first time fully using my E-Plus. Normally, it has been one trade to get to the week I wanted. My original week check-in was 25 May 19. I traded out to 21 Jul 19 and then to 18 Sep 19. I am trying to get to a check-in of 21 or 22 Dec 19. Having one re-trade left I am not quite sure what move to make in order to get to a check-in date of 21/22 Dec 19; any suggestions?
I suspect that your first retrade was inside of 59 days from checkin, thus why you have gone only about two months out each time? If so, unfortunately at this point you can only retrade out to the middle/end of November with your last retrade. The only way you can get to December is to cancel the exchange, get a cancellation replacement week/deposit which will be valid for one year from the date that you cancel. At that time you can then use that deposit to do a brand new exchange to December. You will have to pay the full exchange fee and you will lose the money you paid for ePlus also. Though you can add ePlus to the new exchange.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Just wanted to add my two cents about the benefits of the E-plus program. I reserved a two bedroom at Ocean Pointe for Oct. 1-8 with my lockoff one bedroom MGV, but was only able to get a studio at Ocean Pointe for Sept. 30-Oct. 7 with the studio part of my MGV. I got the E-plus for the studio. We went ahead and got plane tickets for Oct. 1-8. Later on, managed to do an E-plus trade for studio to a one bedroom, but still Sept. 30-Oct. 7. Just last week a two bedroom Oct. 1-8 appeared and I grabbed it! Well worth the extra money for the E-plus and the two upgrade fees! I should note that I checked every single day to see what was available.

When you say you checked every single day, how are you checking for the new availability? Sorry, I'm brand new to II so might be a stupid question? Thanks.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Elked12:
KarenP means that she logged in to II.
She selected: My History > Exchanges, found the confirmed exchange on which she had purchased E-plus, and pressed the "Start E-plus retrade" button. This allowed her to search online for currently available inventory.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Elked12:
KarenP means that she logged in to II.
She selected: My History > Exchanges, found the confirmed exchange on which she had purchased E-plus, and pressed the "Start E-plus retrade" button. This allowed her to search online for currently available inventory.

Right on. I get it now. So you need to do E-plus to do it. Would this scenario work? I put in an ongoing request for Aruba Surf Club for the timeframe December to March by using a deposited studio at Aruba Surf Club in say July (obviously because mine's in the Gold Season) ....enter for the upgrades to one or two bedrooms for the posted fees. Down the road I get accepted but just for a Studio......I accept it and purchase E-Plus and continually search for a 1 or 2 bedroom and if it comes up I retrade to it and pay the upgrade fee? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right on. I get it now. So you need to do E-plus to do it. Would this scenario work? I put in an ongoing request for Aruba Surf Club for the timeframe December to March by using a deposited studio at Aruba Surf Club in say July (obviously because mine's in the Gold Season) ....enter for the upgrades to one or two bedrooms for the posted fees. Down the road I get accepted but just for a Studio......I accept it and purchase E-Plus and continually search for a 1 or 2 bedroom and if it comes up I retrade to it and pay the upgrade fee? Thanks for your help.

Yes, and if you pull the upgrade 59 days or less from check-in then there is no fee. Obviously paying the fee earlier is ideal if it comes up.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Yes, and if you pull the upgrade 59 days or less from check-in then there is no fee. Obviously paying the fee earlier is ideal if it comes up.

Does anyone have experience doing what I set out in my scenario? and what should my expectations be for success?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience doing what I set out in my scenario? and what should my expectations be for success?

I have done it many times. Success just depends on how hard it is to get the week you are after. If not extremely difficult I usually just leave the request as the larger size rather than trying to manually check every day after getting the studio.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
I have done it many times. Success just depends on how hard it is to get the week you are after. If not extremely difficult I usually just leave the request as the larger size rather than trying to manually check every day after getting the studio.
My search will be from Dec 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 so hopefully that'll give me enough range to get something. Thank you

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My search will be from Dec 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 so hopefully that'll give me enough range to get something. Thank you
Not likely to match with peak Aruba season this late into the year. It is possible but not likely.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not likely to match with peak Aruba season this late into the year. It is possible but not likely.

The first two weeks in December is what is most likely to come through.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club

Oh wow. I didn't realize it would be THAT hard but oh well, worse case I use my booked week. Thanks All.

LWiZ1957

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Town Center
I suspect that your first retrade was inside of 59 days from checkin, thus why you have gone only about two months out each time? If so, unfortunately at this point you can only retrade out to the middle/end of November with your last retrade. The only way you can get to December is to cancel the exchange, get a cancellation replacement week/deposit which will be valid for one year from the date that you cancel. At that time you can then use that deposit to do a brand new exchange to December. You will have to pay the full exchange fee and you will lose the money you paid for ePlus also. Though you can add ePlus to the new exchange.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, my first retrade was inside 59 days from check-in. My first retrade was 18 May 19. I would have checked in on 25 May 19. When I did the first retrade on 18 May it only allowed my 13 May 19 to 23 Jul 19. There were no check-in dates of 23 Jul 19 so I had to chose 21 Jul. The next retrade only allowed me to retrade out to 18 Sep. So once I made that second retrade I realized I was not going to be able to make it out the check-in date I wanted. Being new at this hurt me, for I relied on the II rep to give me advice, telling me that I would make it out to Christmas time if I did, what I did. Now I realize that I needed to start much early...outside the 59 day before check-in date. Again...thanks for the advice.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So I have a different scenario. I had to cancel a week within the 59 day period. I got a replacement week good thur April 2020.

So if I understand correctly if I traded it today and took eplus, I could go out 59 days and then go out three more times 59 days so approximately under 8 months in the future to about February 2020.

Now lets suppose I waited until February 2020 to do my first trade and traded for a week in April 2020 (thats when the week expires) taking eplus. Would eplus allow me to trade into October 2020?

I probably will find something to use before but just in case want to know my options. Might be a Mark question.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So I have a different scenario. I had to cancel a week within the 59 day period. I got a replacement week good thur April 2020.

So if I understand correctly if I traded it today and took eplus, I could go out 59 days and then go out three more times 59 days so approximately under 8 months in the future to about February 2020.

Now lets suppose I waited until February 2020 to do my first trade and traded for a week in April 2020 (thats when the week expires) taking eplus. Would eplus allow me to trade into October 2020?

I probably will find something to use before but just in case want to know my options. Might be a Mark question.
The latter should be true. If you wait until February, your ePlus expiration date will be one year from the checkin date of the exchange. Since it is restricted to 59 day intervals, you won't be able to get the full year benefit, but should be able to go to about Oct 2020.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question. I have a deposit with 3 ePlus trades remaining, that expire on July 2, 2021. I was hoping to somehow extend that that so that I can reserve something later in July 2021. Is my only option, to use the 3 ePlus trades, outside of 59 days prior to July 2, 2021, cancel my reservation, and receive a new cancellation/replacement week, which would actually be good for 1 year?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question. I have a deposit with 3 ePlus trades remaining, that expire on July 2, 2021. I was hoping to somehow extend that that so that I can reserve something later in July 2021. Is my only option, to use the 3 ePlus trades, outside of 59 days prior to July 2, 2021, cancel my reservation, and receive a new cancellation/replacement week, which would actually be good for 1 year?
Eplus adds one year to the date of the first exchange. So add eplus, make the first (to any random resort) exchange on Jun 2021. Eplus will then allow you to trade into Jun 2022.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eplus adds one year to the date of the first exchange. So add eplus, make the first (to any random resort) exchange on Jun 2021. Eplus will then allow you to trade into Jun 2022.

So Add ePlus to the canceled/replacement week after using the last retrade? I have ePlus now on my existing reservation. With the 3 remaining, and expiring on July 2, 2021...

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So Add ePlus to the canceled/replacement week after using the last retrade? I have ePlus now on my existing reservation. With the 3 remaining, and expiring on July 2, 2021...
Have you done your first trade?

If not, then you can do the first trade, and eplus will change the expiration date.

If you have already done the first trade, you will need to get a replacement week. You should understand in detail the restrictions of a replacement week before doing so.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you done your first trade?

If not, then you can do the first trade, and eplus will change the expiration date.

If you have already done the first trade, you will need to get a replacement week. You should understand in detail the restrictions of a replacement week before doing so.

Nope I have not done my first retrade as of yet. I still have 3 remaining, with it displaying my expiration date of July 2, 2021.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope I have not done my first retrade as of yet. I still have 3 remaining, with it displaying my expiration date of July 2, 2021.
So do your first trade to a resort with a week in Jun 2021. After the trade, you will see the new expiration as Jun 2022 and you will be able to retrade into any resort up to the Jun 2022 expiration.