• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Privileges Program

W3bby1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
Just came back from a visit to Bonnet Creek, where the concierge told us we have to go to the timeshare presentation before the end of November, in order for our current VIP benefits to convert over to their new Privileges program. We opted not to attend. We have been lied to so many times, we generally avoid the sales presentations. And, I checked out this bulletin board to see what I could find. Seems like that was another lie...

My next question... We have an alternating year contract. So, on the odd year, we have over 400K points and on the even year, we have less than 400K points. We are currently VIP Silver level. How does that work with the new new Privileges levels? Will we still get the benefits associated with the new Silver equivalent?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Welcome to TUG & your first post
and your new TUG membership .

There is an existing thread on Privileges but I don't think anyone has posted specific to your question
on odd /even point distribution .

Happy reading - the Wyndham forum has lots of threads that will add to your usage knowledge .

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Just came back from a visit to Bonnet Creek, where the concierge told us we have to go to the timeshare presentation before the end of November, in order for our current VIP benefits to convert over to their new Privileges program. We opted not to attend. We have been lied to so many times, we generally avoid the sales presentations. And, I checked out this bulletin board to see what I could find. Seems like that was another lie...

My next question... We have an alternating year contract. So, on the odd year, we have over 400K points and on the even year, we have less than 400K points. We are currently VIP Silver level. How does that work with the new new Privileges levels? Will we still get the benefits associated with the new Silver equivalent?

They are grandfathering in current VIP’s. There is no indication that biannual owners will not be grandfathered in. No one knows except the ones making the decisions on what the new program will look like, and they are remaining mum at the moment. Even the sales people don’t know what’s happening. There is a lot of speculation, but nothing concrete. Wyndham will likely give people a grace period between the time they announce the changes and when the changes actually go into effect. This will give owners the opportunity to decide what they want to do, and Wyndham the opportunity to capitalize on a golden opportunity to drive up sales. So there is no reason to buy into a program that we know little about. If you want to upgrade your status, do it based on what the benefits are today and not what they might be later because it’s all subject to change. Current VIPs will retain their current benefits and get any new ones. Obviously that’s subject to change, but if they want existing VIPs to upgrade, they won’t take away benefits from current VIPs.

I would recommend you look at the Privileges thread. There is a leaked memo that is a bit dated and any of it could have changed (the names have already changed), but it may give you an idea of the direction they want to go in. The actual benefits are a whole other story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A

That was not a concierge in the traditional sense of the word. That was a marketing rep who is paid commissions on the number of tours that they book. Also, any time you hear a threat or alleged loss of benefits in an effort to coerce you to attend an update (a.k.a. a sales presentation) you need to understand that the “concierge” is lying to you.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I went to a Bonnet Creek update today and I was told many lies.

1. VIP discounts and upgrades will be during the standard booking window with privileges.
2. Worldmark is getting completely dissolved and merging into Club Wyndham, as is Shell. You cant even buy Worldmark points.
3. Most of the Bonnet Creek ARP is in CWA, not select so if you need Bonnet Creek ARP, you want CWA.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

W3bby1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
That was not a concierge in the traditional sense of the word. That was a marketing rep who is paid commissions on the number of tours that they book. Also, any time you hear a threat or alleged loss of benefits in an effort to coerce you to attend an update (a.k.a. a sales presentation) you need to understand that the “concierge” is lying to you.
Yes; I know that was not a concierge... And, I am well aware he was lying. That's why we no longer go to the presentations... Thanks!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes; I know that was not a concierge... And, I am well aware he was lying. That's why we no longer go to the presentations... Thanks!
Its called beware of the sharks in the water!