• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My PICs disappeared overnight

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to get to see you in Austin!

I'm really hoping that everything is resolved by then. We HAVE to be in San Diego the next day for a cruise so I would have to buy airline tickets and I just can't do that. lol

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Personally I think anyone who has PIC weeks that they need to maintain status or are grandfathered at a level with fewer points than currently required has to be super careful when doing anything which may alter their status and that includes new purchases including trade ins and deed backs (ovations/pathways) or giving away contracts and make sure everything is accounted for in writing before proceeding.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I think anyone who has PIC weeks that they need to maintain status or are grandfathered at a level with fewer points than currently required has to be super careful when doing anything which may alter their status and that includes new purchases including trade ins and deed backs (ovations/pathways) or giving away contracts and make sure everything is accounted for in writing before proceeding.
Very good point. Trading or the buying and selling of deeds is also on Wyndhams list of things owners should not do.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called as soon as I got off the airplane. lol They have no idea why they disappeared. I did have a resale leave last night as well. I had been counting contracts for awhile but the glaring SILVER OWNER hit me before I even got there. I was pretty grumpy about my Platinum Owner showing as expiring. My husband said "Bet that you wished you were still seeing that." lol

So I had a couple of reservations eating all of my 2019 points. When I first saw that the contract had left, I had a 0 point balance. Not long after I had -400,000 (which I expected.) So even though I told them to cancel those reservations, I did it myself so now I have a bit over half million in 2019 so the negative 400k was taken care of. It was a CWA that left and I had brought in the PICs with CWA so maybe someone thought that I had gotten rid of the contract that brought in the PICs (not that it would matter as I have other direct contracts.)

I also have the second part of that piggyback and it seems that everyone can see it but me. So my account is in flux at the moment anyway.

They did see that someone was in my account this morning so they need to dig what happened and to get my PICs back. I actually need my account correct right now because I need to book a few stays (if I see anything better than what I have.) So they told me to go ahead and book what I want and they will refund me that 25% difference in the points. I do have to say how much I DO NOT LIKE silver benefits. lol I never saw silver. I went right to permanent gold, temporary platinum, and then I only saw gold when they couldn't get my account set up correctly.

I might have to fly into Austin after all.
Why worry about a negative balance? If you had no reservations to cancel account will balance out come Jan 1st.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good point. Trading or the buying and selling of deeds is also on Wyndhams list of things owners should not do.
Unless Wyndham is doing the selling or buying back through Ovations at a purchase price of $0.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
So someone might be able to chime in here? What happens if you trade a contract that brought in PICs? Will it make the PICs drop out? That isn't what happened here but it could easily happen to somebody if that is the case.
'Will it make the PICs drop out?' No. I had one PIC, then added the second PIC with a trade of all points associated with the first PIC. Both were in my account at the time of the trade and both exist, today, as PIC Plus.

I do plan on buying more points from telesales, in the very near future, as I want to drop a 2br PIC and add a 3br PIC. This planned transaction will get me to permanent VIPP.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
'Will it make the PICs drop out?' No. I had one PIC, then added the second PIC with a trade of all points associated with the first PIC. Both were in my account at the time of the trade and both exist, today, as PIC Plus.

I do plan on buying more points from telesales, in the very near future, as I want to drop a 2br PIC and add a 3br PIC. This planned transaction will get me to permanent VIPP.
Wyndham can change the system when they find it is being gamed or abused. Trust me I know how they work.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham can change the system when they find it is being gamed or abused. Trust me I know how they work.
Exactly, how is what I did gaming the system? PIC'ing while purchasing points? That is NOT gaming the system. Can they change the system, yes, but that would have nothing to do with anything I've done.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

How long ago was this? I brought my PICs in last June. I deposited 2019 last year and 2020 in April. They are saying that they PICs were never verified (which is ironic because when you deposit a week the email actually says "Your deposit is being verified.") So they are asking me to prove that I have paid my MF for my PICs (which I have done.) But with the downgrade, my platinum requests ARE NOT upgrading even though the inventory is available.

Ironically I have a developer purchase that I need to sign and submit. I'm wondering if I actually need to push these PICs in again.

That being said, there are two really important points when it comes to PIC.

Number 1: They are apparently SUPER sensitive about PICs right now and they are going through them with a fine tooth comb. I will be sending in email verification on my properties at least quarterly if not more often than that. Keep all records of credit card statements and deposited checks with your MF bills/payment statements and your emails from Wyndham and RCI about your deposits.

Number 2: DON'T TOUCH THE CONTRACT THAT BROUGHT IN THE PICS!!! This has been questioned over and over again. In fact, it is their FIRST question.

Right now this "glitch" is costing me money. I am traveling in two weeks and I had reservations to make. And I have plans in December and I'm not getting my upgrades.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How long ago was this?
May, 2018 for my trade and addition of the second PIC. My account activity is very boring compared to yours and that activity could be the reason they are watching you so closely.

I hate to hear about the problems on your account and do hope that they get resolved quickly!!!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So two weeks later and no PICs have reappeared. They are singing the not-verified song again. I've only submitted 14 emails with verification not to mention depositing the weeks themselves.

My son asked me for a few nights and it disappeared while I was on the phone with owners' care as I can't book things myself. So I'm growing more impatient by the day.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So two weeks later and no PICs have reappeared. They are singing the not-verified song again. I've only submitted 14 emails with verification not to mention depositing the weeks themselves.

My son asked me for a few nights and it disappeared while I was on the phone with owners' care as I can't book things myself. So I'm growing more impatient by the day.
Hard to fight the system. Im sure if you had a recent developer purchase that you could threaten to rescind on they would be a little more helpful.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Did you email Michael Brown’s office?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

As you and I have discussed, I've been 'hit' by the PIC verification process. My situation is different in that I was moving up to Platinum by purchasing CWA points and replacing a 2br PIC with a 3br PIC. All through TeleSales, I even sent in the recorded deed to the property. I'm still showing as Gold and I now have 3 PIC's showing in my account, the 2 original PIC's plus the new PIC. Supposedly I'll hear something from the PIC team. And supposedly they deal with snail mail versus e-mail. I did make it clear, while on the recorded line before my rescission window had closed, that if my Platinum did not come through, I'd rescind and then come back when the PIC team process starts working again. Again, on the recorded line, I was told by the sales rep and the QA rep that if I did not get what I was promised with the purchase, I could rescind. Platinum with the new 3br PIC was promised in the contract. For now, I was asked to be patient.

I've had success with emailing Michael Brown. If this does not run it's course over the next 7 days, I'll be sending an email. Pitiful way for Wyndham to treat owners. I suspect the PIC process will be next on the chopping block of benefit reductions.

Perhaps those of you going to Austin can quiz someone on what is being changed with PIC.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you and I have discussed, I've been 'hit' by the PIC verification process. My situation is different in that I was moving up to Platinum by purchasing CWA points and replacing a 2br PIC with a 3br PIC. All through TeleSales, I even sent in the recorded deed to the property. I'm still showing as Gold and I now have 3 PIC's showing in my account, the 2 original PIC's plus the new PIC. Supposedly I'll hear something from the PIC team. And supposedly they deal with snail mail versus e-mail. I did make it clear, while on the recorded line before my rescission window had closed, that if my Platinum did not come through, I'd rescind and then come back when the PIC team process starts working again. Again, on the recorded line, I was told by the sales rep and the QA rep that if I did not get what I was promised with the purchase, I could rescind. Platinum with the new 3br PIC was promised in the contract. For now, I was asked to be patient.

I've had success with emailing Michael Brown. If this does not run it's course over the next 7 days, I'll be sending an email. Pitiful way for Wyndham to treat owners. I suspect the PIC process will be next on the chopping block of benefit reductions.

Perhaps those of you going to Austin can quiz someone on what is being changed with PIC.
It started with Wyndham cutting off mega renters from abusing book then rebook, along with eliminating the cheap way to VIP with certain Hawaiian deed purchases, next was use year alignments not being prorated now are they trying to reign in the cheap way to Vip or aka a PIC. Hard to fight a moving target. As stated in membership directory all is subject to change.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It started with Wyndham cutting off mega renters from abusing book then rebook, along with eliminating the cheap way to VIP with certain Hawaiian deed purchases, next was use year alignments not being prorated now are they trying to reign in the cheap way to Vip or aka a PIC. Hard to fight a moving target. As stated in membership directory all is subject to change.
Nothing is safe from change. Especially if it cuts into Wyndham's profits.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patience is gone.

I was just told that I had to buy in at $29k for 126k points to reinstate these weeks.
Sounds like they have you surrounded. Wyndham has also tried to steamroll me on a negative points balance. Hard to fight the system but in my case I never had more then $500 invested in any purchase and its easy for me to walk away in lieu of paying what they were asking. This also happened to many mega renters. Wyndham has systematically pushed out anyone that plays by their rules and takes what they are giving. Looks like you have 2 choices pay up or fight until they deny you on every management level and I can tell you from experience its a losing battle. You need to change your strategy and play the system for what it is still giving.The leeway customer reps used to have is just not there any more.. Good luck.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next on the list Wyndham's hit list they will take away the resale points from being used with VIP benefits. This is costing Wyndham as it is a direct competitor to Wyndham Extra Holidays when VIP owners rent for 1/2 the cost that Extra Holidays charges.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Patience is gone.

I was just told that I had to buy in at $29k for 126k points to reinstate these weeks.

This is getting ugly. I’m just getting started on all this. Just making me a little nervous. Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is getting ugly. I’m just getting started on all this. Just making me a little nervous. Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chances are Wyndham wins. The trading of deeds is all about eliminated for those who don't change their strategy. Also the days of VIP owners using resale points with VIP discounts is coming to a end. If you compete against the Wyndham system they will eliminate the loopholes available for your use.