• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek Presentation

jpsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
well, here we are at Bonnet Creek, our home resort. Checked in and SWMBO signed us up for the 'owners update' right away as we had an hour or so to kill. Must say I was pleasantly surprised. In and out in just over an hour including lunch (Pasta not a nasty sandwich) We were given the attached card and they kept to it.

The salesman initially mentioned the 400k points that would bring us to the next ownership level - that wasn't going to happen. He then spent 15 minutes asking if we wanted to see a deal that could change everything - instead of just showing us the deal that could change everything :rolleyes:

He wanted us to buy 84k points - the smallest amount he could sell. He did say if we bought the 84k points, that owning them would allow all our other points to be treated as developer points. now, we aren't going to buy!!! BUT

Has anyone else heard such a pitch? and, what would that actually do? it would give us just over 400k points.

I will say that they seem <seem> to be becoming a little more responsive to their owners. Again, note the uploaded pic. Also they were offering discounted Disney tickets - and the $100 more for the presentation actually makes a pretty good deal. They were also much much less pushy at the 'parking pass' desk.

any thoughts?

IMG-2821.jpg

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I was there end of Oct and was treated rudely once I said that I don't have any developer points and all six deeds I own are resale.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
well, here we are at Bonnet Creek, our home resort. Checked in and SWMBO signed us up for the 'owners update' right away as we had an hour or so to kill. Must say I was pleasantly surprised. In and out in just over an hour including lunch (Pasta not a nasty sandwich) We were given the attached card and they kept to it.

The salesman initially mentioned the 400k points that would bring us to the next ownership level - that wasn't going to happen. He then spent 15 minutes asking if we wanted to see a deal that could change everything - instead of just showing us the deal that could change everything :rolleyes:

He wanted us to buy 84k points - the smallest amount he could sell. He did say if we bought the 84k points, that owning them would allow all our other points to be treated as developer points. now, we aren't going to buy!!! BUT

Has anyone else heard such a pitch? and, what would that actually do? it would give us just over 400k points.

I will say that they seem <seem> to be becoming a little more responsive to their owners. Again, note the uploaded pic. Also they were offering discounted Disney tickets - and the $100 more for the presentation actually makes a pretty good deal. They were also much much less pushy at the 'parking pass' desk.

any thoughts?

View attachment 15257

It doesn't promise they wouldn't lie to you.

If that were true, they'd be selling a lot of 84K contracts. Also, why wouldn't that be a feature of the 400K contract?

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Funny that the paper they gave you has the Worldmark logo on it. We are WM owners, exchanged in to BC through RCI last year and went to (or tried to) their presentation. They sent us out because they couldn't find anyone who knew anything about WM. They finally had us meet with someone whose solution was that we should trade our WM credits (and some $ of course) in for Wyndham points. Yeah, that's a good deal...

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The salesman parse their words very carefully so they are no overtly lying.
If the 84K points costs roughly $16K-$20K, there is no way they will absorb your >300K points to give you all developer points.
I personally wouldn't waste the time trying to get them to write down a formal offer letter, but you could do that to smoke this out.