• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Different car for retirement?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I've just been informed that Cliff had a hard time getting in and out of the Miata. And he says it is too small to carry the winch it would take to hoist me out of it. So that's off the list.
Inquiring minds want to know where Cliff is hiding now.....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Since, ahem, the one of us who drives the PT backed into a car in the CVS parking lot yesterday breaking one of the rear tail lights, I thought the PT was on its way to Kars for Kids for sure. Nope, Cliff thinks it should be easily replaced by him, but that remains to be seen. The timer is running to see when in February he'll get it done. Since it is half intact I guess we should take a look for its appearance when stepping on the brake during daylight hours in the meantime.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Since, ahem, the one of us who drives the PT backed into a car in the CVS parking lot yesterday breaking one of the rear tail lights, I thought the PT was on its way to Kars for Kids for sure. Nope, Cliff thinks it should be easily replaced by him, but that remains to be seen. The timer is running to see when in February he'll get it done. Since it is half intact I guess we should take a look for its appearance when stepping on the brake during daylight hours in the meantime.

Why do I get the feeling there should be a 2 drink minimum in this thread..... :D

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Why do I get the feeling there should be a 2 drink minimum in this thread..... :D

Only 2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

Definitely, considering I came home after playing crunchie fenders and wrapped Christmas gifts without taking price stickers off and now have to open them all to remove the tags. I am losing it for sure!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I hope you left a note on the other car.

Someone backed into my parked car and at first glance it appeared not to be damaged but it was. No note. Repair cost more than $3K.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I hope you left a note on the other car.

Someone backed into my parked car and at first glance it appeared not to be damaged but it was. No note. Repair cost more than $3K.

There I am in my tiny PT, rummaging in my CVS purchases, listening to the elderly woman in the car to my left fend off a kind stranger who wants to help her with her car that won't start. "My husband is coming" she says to the man. In the meantime a big ol' honkin' SUV parks to my right, and the man hops out of the car. I was apparently somewhat crooked in my parking place, so as I back, and back, and back, very slowly so I can get to where I can see traffic in the lot around his car, CRUNCH. He wasn't even in the door at CVS so no note necessary.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just me but I had 3 vehicles until a year ago. My sister needed a car for her youngest son … the boy who regularly stayed with me from age 4 on --- he got my Ford Focus. My oldest vehicle is my 2007 Ford Ranger 4x4 Supercab (the small one not made for years now) and that is my work truck (under 75k). My regular vehicle is the Subaru Outback. I need both but mostly drive the Outback.

I regularly have people asking to BUY my Ranger … it looks that good AND many people WANT that size truck. Plus, it has the highest level trim package back in its day. Of course, I could stay away from the Home Depot parking lots … in the contractors section.

But I still have very fond visions of my old 944 White Porsche … never should have SOLD that 'guy magnet' road toy.

70monte

Reaction score
My last new car was a 2014 Mustang GT bought in 2013 and I retired in 2017. I have not bought any vehicles since and don't plan on it anytime soon. I also have a 1998 Silverado 4x4 that I bought new which only has about 138,000 miles on it. I daily drive a 1992 Cavalier with 238,000 miles on it. It's my beater car. I also have a 98 1 ton Silverado that I use on the farm and it only has about 118,000 miles on it and lastly, I still own my 1970 Monte Carlo that I bought in 1987 while in college.

As you can tell, I like vehicles and tend to keep them a long time. I wouldn't mind a new truck but with the crazy prices these days, it's not going to happen.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
If you have a good junkyard (We have LKQ), you could go pull the taillight from somebody's else retired one and put it in yourself.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Much to our kids' amusement, we've transitioned from a Porsche 911 and BMW X5 to a Chrysler Pacifica van (to haul all the grandkids on trips) and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit (DH says we "needed" it for rough back roads to hiking trailheads).
I have a Pacifica, upgraded from my town and country (with 300k) and love it. Stow and go make life easy.